Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

I am in Dublin and registered my interest for this but still no word from them.
    Just rang Sky this morning and they were saying that there is no information/prices yet for Sky Broadband.

Is there a specific number i should be ringing ?

Thx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I am in Dublin and registered my interest for this but still no word from them.
    Just rang Sky this morning and they were saying that there is no information/prices yet for Sky Broadband.

Is there a specific number i should be ringing ?

Thx.

0818 719895 is the number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

so do you have to be a sky customer to avail of any of the offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

terencemc wrote: »
    so do you have to be a sky customer to avail of any of the offers?
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

pity broadband doesnt work over the dish i've no landline installed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

Rang and I'm entitled to the €10 broadband and will probably get the €7.50 phone package.

But the guy could not tell me if I was going to be paying line rental to eircom. He then asked the person next to him who also didn't know!

Before I order I need to know if I'm not going to be getting any eircom bill in the door for the year and that €17.50 will be the total exc. calls!

Can anyone confirm please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

ShevY wrote: »
    Rang and I'm entitled to the €10 broadband and will probably get the €7.50 phone package.

But the guy could not tell me if I was going to be paying line rental to eircom. He then asked the person next to him who also didn't know!

Before I order I need to know if I'm not going to be getting any eircom bill in the door for the year and that €17.50 will be the total exc. calls!

Can anyone confirm please?

I was told NO line rental 25mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Just ordered and rep said they are looking after eircom for first year, and then price will be renegotiated next year.
    Happy Days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Your contract is with SKY, nothing to do with Eircom.
    Sky take the line from Eircom and they pay them.
    Eircom still get the money but not as much as SKY will only pay the wholesale rate to them.

• Advertisement

Just wondering in Dublin with UPC, would I be better off going to SKY for the phone as well and paying a lot less or sticking with UPC for the better Broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just signed up there for the unlimited BB and calls for €17.50. Line is capable of 15mb but with VF Im getting around 7mb at the moment out of a 8mb package. The Sky rep said she would expect that to increase to around 12mb :)

The only potential problem I had was that I canceled my Sky TV sub nearly 2 weeks ago so I was told that I would have to remain to avail of this offer. I was on a 25% off offer previously so she said she would give me 50% off. Happy ****ing days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Posted in another thread, but does anyone know if I rang up and ordered the broadband and phone, would sky switch my landline back on? We left eircom last year.

Rang a few minutes ago and was told they couldn't re-activate the line, only left Vodafone a few months back and thought I would be able to get it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

manu2009 wrote: »
    Rang a few minutes ago and was told they couldn't re-activate the line, only left Vodafone a few months back and thought I would be able to get it :(
    eircom will chage 50e to activate the line, before i got broadband i had to get the line activated and thats what they where charging me.rang vodafone and they said they would activate it for free thats about 4 yrs ago tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Just to note if you are a Smart Telecom customer like myself while Sky is theoretically available as your exchange is unbundled you can't move to Sky at the moment.

I have had several conversations with Sky today about it and according to the Sky customer service contact I was talking to it is because Smart are supposedly not using the line actively as their product appears to be VOIP it would take an engineer visit to the exchange to re-provision the line. Sky don't have engineers available yet to carry out this work but expect to do so in about a month when the full service goes live.

This is probably a stupid question but can you go for the calls only without the broadband?

There's a couple of people I know who are sky subscribers but dont have BB nor do they want it.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    eircom will chage 50e to activate the line, before i got broadband i had to get the line activated and thats what they where charging me.rang vodafone and they said they would activate it for free thats about 4 yrs ago tho

Sky will probably be in a position to activate it next month when they have engineers available - as per my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

i,m paying 55euro to upc in ballinteer area for 20mb broadband and phone anytime to ireland and uk, mainly use internet for skype to daughter in australia and the phone circa 2-3 times aweek to limerick and sister in uk.

about 3years ago left eircom for upc, would it be possible to switch to sky for phone and broadband as also paying sky direct for their sattelite channels, ie can i get my line back and would the broadband be ok to skype etc, many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Your line never changes, you just change provider as long as you're out of contract. A lot of people are afraid of switching because they think their phone number will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,008 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

stoves1 wrote: »
    i,m paying 55euro to upc in ballinteer area for 20mb broadband and phone anytime to ireland and uk, mainly use internet for skype to daughter in australia and the phone circa 2-3 times aweek to limerick and sister in uk.

about 3years ago left eircom for upc, would it be possible to switch to sky for phone and broadband as also paying sky direct for their sattelite channels, ie can i get my line back and would the broadband be ok to skype etc, many thanks

they will check your line speed, but even 2MB is perfectly fine for skype,

I would love to be able to get that speed internet (gaming , streaming etc), but if that is all you are using it for, and are already paying for Sky tv it would be worth your time changing over !

stoves1 wrote: »

You may have to wait a month for sky to activate the line until they have engineers available. Another advantage of sky would be the free landline calls to Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

muffler wrote: »
    Just signed up there for the unlimited BB and calls for €17.50. Line is capable of 15mb but with VF Im getting around 7mb at the moment out of a 8mb package. The Sky rep said she would expect that to increase to around 12mb :)

The only potential problem I had was that I canceled my Sky TV sub nearly 2 weeks ago so I was told that I would have to remain to avail of this offer. I was on a 25% off offer previously so she said she would give me 50% off. Happy ****ing days

What tv package were you on muffler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just signed up there for home

Got 15MB, line rental and the basic phone €10 euro a mouth :D

At home where paying €62 for the same from eircom cant believe how good the deal is :eek:

What tv package were you on muffler?
    Basic pack with Sports. I did have the movies for a few months there but I cancelled them. Anyhow they're giving me the new package (basic & sports) for €31 from 1st February. :)

I think the revised prices from next month will be basic pack = €27 and Sports = €35 so that would be €62 if paying the full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

muffler wrote: »
    Basic pack with Sports. I did have the movies for a few months there but I cancelled them. Anyhow they're giving me the new package (basic & sports) for €31 from 1st February. :)

I think the revised prices from next month will be basic pack = €27 and Sports = €35 so that would be €62 if paying the full price.
    Jeez thats a great deal.
    Im out of contract on the full package. So I might chance my arm :)

Thanks

(basic & sports) for €31 from 1st February.

That's a savage offer, basic on it's own is €26 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

flip anyway, in a new house and we've never done anything about getting a phone line in, was onto sky there and no luck with getting the package. does anyone know if i'd have to sign up with someone for the year before i could avail of this offer?? i'm assuming that i'd be tied into that contract for the year?? we've no need for the landline really, just want to get the broadband and get rid of this bloody 3 dongle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Signed up using the phone number tonight. €17.50 no line rental.
    I asked when I get my email will it say 27 like some people have stated.
    He said the extra tenner is for areas with poor connection and the €10 extra was to boost the signal, it wont apply to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

trying to get a package in a new home from sky..

basic tv has been set up since last month but i would like to get this offer of phone and broadband in. currently theres no phone or internet and in the old home we had an eircom account. sky are calling me back tomorrow, there looking for UAN number but im not sure how to get it. as theres no phone at the moment he said i catn avail of the package but im sure the last owner had a phone so im not sure how this works??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

madma wrote: »
    trying to get a package in a new home from sky..

basic tv has been set up since last month but i would like to get this offer of phone and broadband in. currently theres no phone or internet and in the old home we had an eircom account. sky are calling me back tomorrow, there looking for UAN number but im not sure how to get it. as theres no phone at the moment he said i catn avail of the package but im sure the last owner had a phone so im not sure how this works??

You need an active phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

You need an active phone line.

ah ok, guess that rules out getting the offer so! :( cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Your line never changes, you just change provider as long as you're out of contract. A lot of people are afraid of switching because they think their phone number will change.

Thats incorrect.UPC don't use a phone line to deliver their broadband and phone services,they deliver it through a co-ax cable through their TV point.

So the poster you answered who cancelled Eircom to join UPC wouldn't have an active Eircom line for Sky to deliver broadband on.They would have to pay for Eircom to activate the line and be tied into a 6 month contract with them paying line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Thanks for the number guys, just rang tonight for some futher info and it works out at €27.50 @ month for Phone & BB, so it works out cheaper than my current provider.

One question I poised is, at the moment I am out of contract with my sky TV package but still have it at a special reduced rate for 6 months and if after that 6 months I cancel my TV package will that effect my Phone & BB package, she hesitated but evenually said it should not as the contract is for a fixed price of €27.50 for 12 months. So my understanding is then in this instance is if I sign up for the Phone & BB package I am in control of my TV package as I am out of contract and is a seperate from the Phone & BB and if I wish to cancel the TV I can so do without any effect on the Phone & BB package.

Listen I may be wrong on this so but I hope I am not and maybe some other more learned folk can shed a bit of light on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sky until you die

Need to get in touch with Sky fast lads.

Lines close at 9pm - Offers are gone on Firday!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just wondering in Dublin with UPC, would I be better off going to SKY for the phone as well and paying a lot less or sticking with UPC for the better Broadband?

No.
    But you would be better leaving eircom/vodafone and getting UPC phone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sky until you die

F1ngers wrote: »
    No.
    But you would be better leaving eircom/vodafone and getting UPC phone in.

Sky's BB is cheaper -Will not be as fast as UPC but come on like!! €10 for unlimited BB and the chances are that where you live in Dublin the lines are good anyway.

You will be kicking yourself if you miss out!1

Need to get in touch with Sky fast lads.

Lines close at 9pm - Offers are gone on Firday!!

Sky rep I was talking to today said they were there until 11 tonight. Doesn't necessarily say that the calls will be taken though but still worth calling after 9 in any event.

Dermondo wrote: »
    Thanks for the number guys, just rang tonight for some futher info and it works out at €27.50 @ month for Phone & BB, so it works out cheaper than my current provider.

One question I poised is, at the moment I am out of contract with my sky TV package but still have it at a special reduced rate for 6 months and if after that 6 months I cancel my TV package will that effect my Phone & BB package, she hesitated but evenually said it should not as the contract is for a fixed price of €27.50 for 12 months. So my understanding is then in this instance is if I sign up for the Phone & BB package I am in control of my TV package as I am out of contract and is a seperate from the Phone & BB and if I wish to cancel the TV I can so do without any effect on the Phone & BB package.

Listen I may be wrong on this so but I hope I am not and maybe some other more learned folk can shed a bit of light on this.
    I was out of contract also and having been listed for disconnecting from the Sky digital package in early February (cancelled the sub about 12 days ago) I signed up earlier today for the BB and calls. The agent seen that and said that I would have to be an "active" subscriber to avail of the offer. I told her I would agree to stay if they made me a decent offer so she went away for a minute or two and came back with a half price offer on the basic pack with sports (€31) for 6 months. More than happy with that.

She did repeat several times that the BB was a 1 year contract and also that I could cancel the TV sub at any time as I still wasn't under contract with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Cheers guys!! Thanks a mill for the phone number and details - didn't even have to say anything about a missed call - all signed up now hopefully!!

Bye bye Eircom:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Signed up for Sky Anytime + Unlimited Broadband = €17.50 per month, compared to Vodafone which €42 per month, but came around €60 with calls etc.

Being in the internet blackhole of BallyDrogheda, I am only getting 3mbps with Vodafone as is anyway, and I am sure Sky would have no trouble keeping that up..

Thanks again to you lot for posting the number etc and to Bargain Alerts in general! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kingslea

Signed up today and I am very happy as I will save almost €500.00 per annum as a result of the change.
    Just got a confirmation email which states that for €7.50 all national and local calls are included in the package 24/7 not just off peak.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

BOOO-No active line-BOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Right how would this work..

I have an eircom line that i only use for phone not BB and i pay 40 a month.
    I use a local crowd here for BB which costs 37 a month for 4M.

I don't have sky t.v

My brother lives down the road from me and he has sky t.v but does not have a phone line.

What if i phone them up and give my brothers sky account number and use my line would ye think i could get away with it and get connected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

gustafo wrote: »
    Right how would this work..

I have an eircom line that i only use for phone not BB and i pay 40 a month.
    I use a local crowd here for BB which costs 37 a month for 4M.

I don't have sky t.v

My brother lives down the road from me and he has sky t.v but does not have a phone line.

What if i phone them up and give my brothers sky account number and use my line would ye think i could get away with it and get connected?

That way you would have free internet because he would be charged on his sky account:D:D Don't hthinks thats a runner as the ask you to confirm your sky account details .i.e address and all

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

:D Just signed up earlier this evening,
    Goodbye Eircom, now I'm happy to give sky
    20 yoyo pm for unlimited broadband.
    Currently I get about 12meg from eircom,
    The Sky girl tested the line at 7meg,
    what speed should I hope to get when it connects?
    Can I use my existing modem/router if I find the correct settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Just signed up thanks OP :-)

• Advertisement

That way you would have free internet because he would be charged on his sky account:D:D Don't hthinks thats a runner as the ask you to confirm your sky account details .i.e address and all

well obviously i would be paying the bro the monthly bill for the BB.

i think ill get the account details off him tommorow

so is it just account details and the address is all they look for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gustafo wrote: »
    well obviously i would be paying the bro the monthly bill for the BB.

i think ill get the account details off him tommorow

so is it just account details and the address is all they look for?
    I was asked a fair few security questions including Sky password and DOB.

Also you'll need phone number, UAN and Sky account number.

I'd be suprised if it works but best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

thanks op, just signed up. €27.50 - great value.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

if you asked your brother for his sky account number ,address ,dob and then give sky your landlne number.dont no if it will work but its worth a shot:D:D

naughto wrote: »
    if you asked your brother for his sky account number ,address ,dob and then give sky your landlne number.dont no if it will work but its worth a shot:D:D

yep that's my plan will try it out tommorow and see, can't really see them catching me out if i have all the details, i suppose the only other way would be if they could get my address where my phone line is from eircom which i doubt they will do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement