Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I already have sky but have a different provider for broadband, if I sign over to sky broadband, is it a 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Del007 wrote: »
    I already have sky but have a different provider for broadband, if I sign over to sky broadband, is it a 12 month contract?
    Yes, 12 month min. contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

just tried to connect to sky broadband but was told by the chap on the line that there are some technical issues connecting from Smart Telecom to Sky....he said call back in a week or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Signed up this morning. Fantastic deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Quick question. Im thinking of signing up but may be moving house in a couple of months. What would the story with the 12 month contract be then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

anyone know if you can sign up with sky even if you have eircom phonewatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I have phone watch and signed up Yesterday. They would have asked if it was i am sure. Years ago I couldn't get phonewatch because i was with UTV but that all changed a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lou the wrench

is this satellite or phone line broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

is this satellite or phone line broadband

phone line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

just signed up. €20 for 6mb broadband and eve w/end calls.

when does this offer end ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

This is what they want you to do if changing provider apparently
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Phone/Moving-Cancelling-Switching-provider/td-p/17786?device-view=desktop
    If you have decided to move, call 1901 and choose the 'Cancel' option. Explain to the agent that you are moving to a different provider and that you need to give 30 days notice. They will give the relevant contact info to send th notification to and when the 30 day period has passed you can then process the order with the other provider.You will need your UAN (Universal Account Number) for the other provider which you can request gwhen giving notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Does anyone know if you can avail of this if you don't already have broadband? I have sky tv and eircom landline, thanks

Does anyone know if you can avail of this if you don't already have broadband? I have sky tv and eircom landline, thanks

PinkFly wrote: »
    You can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I think you can phone them asap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

This is what they want you to do if changing provider apparently

Eircom forum

When I spoke to the agent she said do not contact Eircom. They will handle everything. That link is coming up as thread closed btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

statto25 wrote: »
    When I spoke to the agent she said do not contact Eircom. They will handle everything. That link is coming up as thread closed btw.

I was told this too.

statto25 wrote: »

Stange its working for me. Im on mobile and ill change link later

Anyway i didnt contact them either

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Is this offer only available to people who already have SKY TV?

Tisserand wrote: »
    Is this offer only available to people who already have SKY TV?

At the moment yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Just signed up, €10 - 12mb speed and in Wexford. They also advised tomorrow was the last day so get calling, no new contract for the TV confirmed also!!! :D

The rep advised they will move over the phone line and they will contact Vodafone so do I only have to cancel my direct debit?

So happy I came across this thread!!! €456 euro saved compared to vodafone:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 homestyle

What a great deal..just been on to eircom and they tell me that i am contracted to them until august and it will cost 325 Euro to cancel..I signed nothing and have asked for a voice recording of my conversation. Think i have a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

homestyle wrote: »
    What a great deal..just been on to eircom and they tell me that i am contracted to them until august and it will cost 325 Euro to cancel..I signed nothing and have asked for a voice recording of my conversation. Think i have a chance?

No, it will have been in the terms and conditions that you were entering a 12 month contract.

Voice recording of your conversation :rolleyes:

Opr

Thanks guys just signed up for unlimited landline and international and broadband for the handsome some of €17.50 p/m absolutely delighted!! She said it could take two weeks to deliver the modem due to the amount of people getting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 homestyle

Ta.. OPR...............will wait and see what will happen..cant wait to get away from them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Eircom reps saying we have to give 30 days written notice.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056858009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

opr wrote: »

UTV told me today I was still in contract until November, I said no way!!!! she then told me she would get the recording of me agreeing it.
    I told her good look finding a n 8 year old recording of me agreeing a nine year contract.

Just off the phne to eircom she said under no circumstances was she gonna cancel the phone line that 30 days notice was needed!
    Grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dcully wrote: »
    Eircom reps saying we have to give 30 days written notice.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056858009

More bulls**t from Eircom. If you are out of contract, and take the Sky offer, Sky will handle the porting process for you and there's sfa that Eircom can do about it. Sky has way more clout than debt-ridden Eircom in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Just off the phne to eircom she said under no circumstances was she gonna cancel the phone line that 30 days notice was needed!
    Grrrr

Plenty of people here have already switched from Eircom to SKY and are on SKY broadband with no BS, fluck what Eircom say.

☀️ 7.8kWp ⚡3.6kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I spoke to Vodafone and they told me that I didn't need to do anything [ but again this could be down to the length of time I've been with them, Ex BT ]
    They said that Sky will indeed take care of cancelling for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone know what time the Sky broadband office closes ? Wondering whether to call them now ?

Might give sky a little buzz in the morning and see if they can sort something out for me, my direct debit will be cancelled if not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

greendom wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Sky broadband office closes ? Wondering whether to call them now ?
    Tomorrow apparently. Ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Just ordered this... €10pm for unlimited BB with free router :)
    I am paying near €50 with Vodafone, great bargain...cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Update

Lads, after reading through this thread, I decided to chance it and rang the no. listed here. I got through to a nice lady (turns out she from same village) went through the switch process. It couldnt be easier. She did a line test, which returned a 10MB "possible" speed, but explained that external factors would reduce speed, etc etc. It is only going to cost me e10 for this package, I cannot believe it, my Eircom bill on average is 60 euro, I mean a tenner, come on like.:D

Some points that might help ye:

• Ring the number listed here and say you registered with Sky bust missed a call from them - No issues here
    • Call Center opened till 11 tonight - offer ending tonight. Its for the first 1000 customers only.
    • If you are an Eircom customer and out of contract, you dont need to do anything. Sky have already agreed with Eircom that they will look after the transfer.
    • 10 euro a month is for unlimited BB, uncapped and free weekend\evening landline calls plus calls to Sky call centers.
    • There is an option for an extra e7.50 for unlimited landline calls, but I didnt bother to go for this.
    • 2 weeks to receive the Modem
    • A further 2 weeks before you will reach max speed. I was told to leave on router for the first two weeks for initial testing - as this is a trial offer, Sky want to make sure and run tests for the first 2 weeks.
    • Once BB is up and running, it will take 2-3 working days before you will have a phone service.
    • You can keep your existing phone number and are giving the choice to opt out of marketing calls (very handy)
    Thanks all I can think of, hope this helps ye. Now hurry up and ring sky tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

djsim101 wrote: »
    • Call Center opened till 11 tonight - offer ending tonight. Its for the first 1000 customers only.
    Not as great a take up as I would have imagined so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

homestyle wrote: »
    opr wrote: »
    No, it will have been in the terms and conditions that you were entering a 12 month contract.

Opr

Don't assume that they wont have a copy of the recording. I was in the same position with Vodafone. I didnt realise I was in contract and I asked when it was initiated. They said that I agreed to a product on the phone and said the date and I chased the audio file, which they sent me. I was absolutely sure I was correct and that I didn't agree to anything, but I did in the call when I listened to it. Having said that, there was no verbal mention in the phonecall of my agreement signifying the start of a new contract, so I could probably have chased them on that technicality, but it took me months to get the recording and I couldn't have been arsed, and I was out of contract by then.

So yes, you have a chance, as long as you have patience!

Update

Lads, after reading through this thread, I decided to chance it and rang the no. listed here.

What's the feckin number?! :D

Update
    [*]Call Center opened till 11 tonight - offer ending tonight. Its for the first 1000 customers only..................................

Now hurry up and ring sky tonight :)
    I thought the offer was running until tomorrow night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

muffler wrote: »
    I thought the offer was running until tomorrow night?
    What's the tel no?

Carpenter wrote: »
    0818 719895 is the number

^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I got a call from a similar no half an hour ago. I can confirm from Sky. I had to ring them back. This is the no. to ring 0818719895. You will get through directly to Broadband & Phone Sales. Got an offer of unlimited broadband and Sky talk anytime for €17.50. Happy out.:D

i've been on hold for ages now aaahhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

Me too....since 9.30

how much does it cost to ring that number?

how much does it cost to ring that number?
    A lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ceekay wrote: »
    Me too....since 9.30

This morning?

You're keen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Hang on in there Del007....... I was on hold for 25 mins but I just signed up! €10 pm Unlimited Broadband, €7.50 pm Anytime calls. Happy days . . . . . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Thanks for posting the number.... shame about the 0818 number. Just realised it cost me 14Euro to get the deal.... but well worth it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement