Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I just got through. I was on hold for 31 minutes and then got through to a lovely girl called Claire. Gave her my details, and my UAN, and she tries to run it through the system (it is 1008pm at this point)...and she starts to sound flustered, asks her colleague "did it work for you, did it go through..." etc.

She comes back to me then, very apologetic, and says...

...w a i t f o r i t...

...the system will not process UAN numbers after 100pm... :eek::eek::eek:

She has such a delightful voice that I don't actually mind that I have held for half an hour, for nothing.

The UAN check tells her what broadband area I am in, as in if it's in a "connect" area or not (which I think means bundled or not), and that affects the price of the package, so basically she can do nothing until tomorrow!

She said she will come in ten minutes before she is due to start tomorrow to phone me back to go through it again!

Fair enough I guess.

Modern technology though, seeeeeriously? No UANs after 1000pm? That's like saying that every computer in the world will blow up in the year 2000 because computers can't handle dates after the 1900s...

Whopper technology fail! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

Sugar! Finally got through...but the Eircom lines for the UAN were closed, so was told to try again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Tbf probably eircom that holds them up after 10....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Quick question. Im thinking of signing up but may be moving house in a couple of months. What would the story with the 12 month contract be then?

It will end 12 months after the start date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do UAN numbers change for any reason? Vodafone send my bills online and i can't access them so the most recent bill I could find was from 2 years ago. Sky said the system returned that it wasn't a valid number

greendom wrote: »
    Do UAN numbers change for any reason? Vodafone send my bills online and i can't access them so the most recent bill I could find was from 2 years ago. Sky said the system returned that it wasn't a valid number

Are you registered on the Vodafone website? All my bills are there for the last few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My son who is with Vodafone for the last couple of years found his old VF "welcome letter" from the time he signed up with them. Before he phoned Sky last night he checked his latest bill online and the UAN was different from the UAN on the welcome letter. I have no idea why VF would have changed it

Ronan H wrote: »
    Are you registered on the Vodafone website? All my bills are there for the last few years?

Never thought of that - many thanks - just logged in now and yes my UAN has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

I just got through. I was on hold for 31 minutes and then got through to a lovely girl called Claire. Gave her my details, and my UAN, and she tries to run it through the system (it is 1008pm at this point)...and she starts to sound flustered, asks her colleague "did it work for you, did it go through..." etc.

...w a i t f o r i t...

She has such a delightful voice that I don't actually mind that I have held for half an hour, for nothing.

The UAN check tells her what broadband area I am in, as in if it's in a "connect" area or not (which I think means bundled or not), and that affects the price of the package, so basically she can do nothing until tomorrow!

She said she will come in ten minutes before she is due to start tomorrow to phone me back to go through it again!

Fair enough I guess.

Modern technology though, seeeeeriously? No UANs after 1000pm? That's like saying that every computer in the world will blow up in the year 2000 because computers can't handle dates after the 1900s...

That 10pm is in there on purpose. A previous poster has maintained for a couple of days that the offer will end at 10pm on Friday (tomorrow). Not sure who has the restriction, Sky or eircom, but its there for a reason alright.

• Advertisement

BrianHal wrote: »
    That 10pm is in there on purpose. A previous poster has maintained for a couple of days that the offer will end at 10pm on Friday (tomorrow). Not sure who has the restriction, Sky or eircom, but its there for a reason alright.

From talking to a couple of agents in the call centre this evening I get the impression will close as soon as they get 1000 subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

...w a i t f o r i t...

Fair enough I guess.

I also got Claire this evening and Eimear this afternoon. I have to say both girls customer care skills were excellent, I was very impressed.

Eimear rang me this afternoon and went through everything and answered all my questions. I told her, before making a decision I needed to discuss things with my husband when he came home from work and asked her to call me back around 8pm, she agreed.

In the meantime I was reading all the posts here and 8pm came and went. I was afraid I would miss out on this great offer and decided at 9pm I would call them. I hung on for about half an hour, ( I realised this was why Eimear did not get a chance to call me at 8pm as she was so busy with incoming calls).

This time I got Claire, she sorted everything there and then. I told her about Eimear and she said there had been no let up on the calls all evening. I asked her to thank Eimear for all her help.

Just a few minutes ago Eimear rang apologising for not getting back to me earlier, she said she was to call me and another customer but was only getting around to do it now due to all the incoming calls. She was so apologetic and said Claire told her she had sorted things for me but said she had to call me to apologise. She said she would have made sure I did not miss out on the offer.

It's so refreshing to receive good customer service, sad to say it's a rare find these days! Thank you girls, ... a very satisfied customer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Unlimited broadband and calls for €17.50 per month....BOOM....yes your honour I am guilty of stealing off Sky :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Question: Do you have to call them to change over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

call wgo sky or your current bb provider??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got a call from a similar no half an hour ago. I can confirm from Sky. I had to ring them back. This is the no. to ring 0818719895. You will get through directly to Broadband & Phone Sales. Got an offer of unlimited broadband and Sky talk anytime for €17.50. Happy out.:D

You can ring them, but if you read back over the last few pages, it is ending soon. Ideally you should have registered your interest in the My Sky section of the Sky website.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    call wgo sky or your current bb provider??

Lets put this to bed. If you want the package, you have to do it through Sky, end of. Do not call Vodafone or Eircom or whoever, they will not be able to help.

To make the process as simple as possible, make sure you are a Sky customer already, have an active phone line, are out of contract with your current provider, have your sky account number and the UAN number from your current providers bill.

Phone Sky, tell them what package you want, and they will do the rest. It's as simple as that if you meet the above criterion!

Phone anyone else and you are wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lets put this to bed. If you want the package, you have to do it through Sky, end of. Do not call Vodafone or Eircom or whoever, they will not be able to help.

To make the process as simple as possible, make sure you are a Sky customer already, have an active phone line, are out of contract with your current provider, have your sky account number and the UAN number from your current providers bill.

Phone Sky, tell them what package you want, and they will do the rest. It's as simple as that if you meet the above criterion!

Phone anyone else and you are wasting your time.

..although it might be wise to check/confirm that you're out of contract with your current provider first.

Called when they opened at 8.30 this morning with the correct UAN. All sorted landline and 12meg broadband for €17.50 per month - saving me approx €40pm on my current Vodafone deal (which currently gives me about 3meg)

Thanks to the op and all the contributors on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Did anyone ask what the contention ratio of the line will be, I forgot to ask

Or can someone provide the support number again so i can contact support to ask them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Just rang up. im a happy bunny, 24 euro a month and higher broadband, thanks op

• Advertisement

jim_bob wrote: »
    Did anyone ask what the contention ratio of the line will be, I forgot to ask

Or can someone provide the support number again so i can contact support to ask them

Customer Service number 0818 762 917 ......

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi folks, does anyone know if Sky take that allowance as the folks were thinking of popping over to sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

just spoke with them, they won't tell me exactly what the Contention ratio is for each exchange , he said the average is 33 to 1 but it could be more

slightly worried now :confused::confused: as I :need the BB for work (VPN & calls)

don't want to be tied to a contract for a year were the BB is no good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

why are there different prices depending on where you live ?
    i was told i could only get "broadband connect" which is twice the price of "broadband unlimited"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donegal. wrote: »
    why are there different prices depending on where you live ?
    i was told i could only get "broadband connect" which is twice the price of "broadband unlimited"
    Dependent on exchange / line.

Sky Broadband Connect (UK site).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

have filled out the register your interest form few times now since this thread started but no callback. rang sky there and got a spiel that broadband hasn't been rolled out yet and if I would like to register interest...in the end he gave me number to contact..one posted above 0818719895 to speak to Edel but not even getting a ringback on calling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Same as that, I registered my interest several times over the past few months but to no avail. I'm not on an upgraded exchange and I don't have an activated phone line so I'm assuming that may be part of it. It would be nice to hear back all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just logged into my sky page there and getting this message

"Service unavailable
    Sorry, we're currently unable to display your details but we're working to fix the problem. Please try later. "

Hope theres nothing wrong , i got my contract and a letter about my package details in the post this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dcully wrote: »
    Just logged into my sky page there and getting this message

"Service unavailable
    Sorry, we're currently unable to display your details but we're working to fix the problem. Please try later. "

Hope theres nothing wrong , i got my contract and a letter about my package details in the post this morning.

I had the same yesterday for a short while but it went back to normal after a while. Didnt change the status though.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Dermondo wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know if Sky take that allowance as the folks were thinking of popping over to sky.

I received my confirmation letter this morning and it says:

"Remember if you are currently eligible for a telephony DSP allowance you will need to obtain this directly with the DSP from now on."

I think DSP is the same as DSFA ??

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Yeah I got the documents through the post this morning also, still no movement though, ordered on Monday 14th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

I have answered my own question and yes they do ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For those who ordered earlier this week and are wondering why nothing is happening, you're in your cooling off period. You have 7 days to change your mind. I ordered last night and was told that the order will start processing after 6 days.

fifib wrote: »
    have filled out the register your interest form few times now since this thread started but no callback. rang sky there and got a spiel that broadband hasn't been rolled out yet and if I would like to register interest...in the end he gave me number to contact..one posted above 0818719895 to speak to Edel but not even getting a ringback on calling it.

fifib, 0818719895 is the correct number to call. They are very busy dealing with incoming calls so you need to hold on the phone and someone will answer eventually. Also, while you're hanging on read back a few of these pages. Good luck, it's a great offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

It will be interesting to see if people get any faster speed than they got before.I suspect the speed will be down to what their line can take.
    Promises are one thing but reality is something completely different.
    I have 3Mbps from Vodafone down here in the South West but have never got any faster than 2Mbps.
    The speed regularly goes up & down. At the moment I have 1.65Mbps. For the past couple of days its been 2.05mb.

Edit.
    I just rang that number & spoke to a girl who did a line test. The max my line can take is 3Mbps so I will be getting the same as i had from Vodafone only cheaper & its unlimited as well as Vodafone have a 40mb cap.
    Its will take about 10 days before its up & running.
    The contention rate will remain the same as it is at present 48-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BArra wrote: »
    Yeah I got the documents through the post this morning also, still no movement though, ordered on Monday 14th Jan

I got the documents last night too. My order was placed on the 9th and is still processing. :pac:

Boom!

Got signed up for the Unlimited Freetime package at 15meg on the line check.

I am lucky enough to be in the area that qualifies for the cheaper packages, so I will be paying the lovely sum of €10 per month for the above!

That is a boom, and a win!

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Take your boom elsewhere tbh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

adox wrote: »
    I got the documents last night too. My order was placed on the 9th and is still processing. :pac:

Yeah I would def give them a call to get some kind of update if you ordered on the 9th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

amdaley28 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if people get any faster speed than they got before.I suspect the speed will be down to what their line can take.
    Promises are one thing but reality is something completely different.
    With Vodafone they told me the max my line can handle is 5mb and was getting speeds of about 4.3mb which was grand. Now sky are telling me my line can handle 6mb so we'll see soon if I get faster speeds. That extra 1mb would be nice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I rang up there and was told i needed a sky account number to get BB :(

thenightrider, if you read back on some of the posts here you will find more information on what you need ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Seriously? Sky have some neck. And then they expect you to pay €10 for unlimited braodband!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Got it delighted

u will have to get this from the social welfare office they dont apply it to your bill.
    i got the paper work contracts in the post this morning and it says on them "remember if you are currenlty eligible for a telephone dsp allowlance you will need to obtain this directly with the dsp from now on"

i dont have the dsp allowlance so its no use to me

• Advertisement

I rang up a while ago asking about the (lack of) status change in the Order Tracking part of my account.

The girl said that the phone part will stay red until about two days after BB has been activated, which has already been mentioned on this thread. When I asked about the Sky Hub and its status not changing, I was told it will take about 5 working days to arrive. I mentioned that it was still in the "processing your order" state and hasn't even gone to the "we have posted it" state at which point she said that will change once it has been posted [kinda thought that was how it worked :)]

So in short, it seems like its going to be minimum of a week to get the Sky Hub. As was also mentioned by a contributor, he has been waiting 9 days now and still not go his either.

I just want to get away from VF and try to enjoy the 134% download speed increase that Sky have promised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭losttheplot

I had every intention of signing up to this (expecting a good speed for broadband) and I was waiting for a call back yesterday evening from SKY which never came. It took me 20 mins to get through. I was then told the max speed I would get was 4MB (Dun Laoghaire area) and I would need to stay a TV customer for the duration of the 12 month contract. Also the offer apparently expires at 9pm tonight (On a previous call I was told it expired at 8:30 pm on Wednesday).

Maybe the person I was speaking to was not sure of the details but I am going to stick with UPC for phone and broadband as this would be too much of a hit on broadband speed - although genuine unlimited downloads would be fantastic.

Now I have to contact SKY and see if I can get my broken SKY box replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 twigsirl

Went for it as well this morning, can only get 4Mbps [relatively new estate with an upgraded exchange in the town, guess developers didn't care what they were putting in at the time] but for €10 with no limits, it works out well!

Thanks to all for the many worthy contributions in the thread, much appreciated!

I had every intention of signing up to this (expecting a good speed for broadband) and I was waiting for a call back yesterday evening from SKY which never came. It took me 20 mins to get through. I was then told the max speed I would get was 4MB (Dun Laoghaire area) and I would need to stay a TV customer for the duration of the 12 month contract. Also the offer apparently expires at 9pm tonight (On a previous call I was told it expired at 8:30 pm on Wednesday).

Maybe the person I was speaking to was not sure of the details but I am going to stick with UPC for phone and broadband as this would be too much of a hit on broadband speed - although genuine unlimited downloads would be fantastic.

Now I have to contact SKY and see if I can get my broken SKY box replaced.

There is never really such a thing as truly unlimited so you can be quite happy with your continued UPC connection speed. There is always a "fair use" piece attached.

i ment to ask them about that would 200gb a month be in the fair use policy??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement