Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry.....I Just ordered and the guy who processed my call said the trial finishes tonight @ 18:30 with the official launch in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BrianHal wrote: »
    There is never really such a thing as truly unlimited so you can be quite happy with your continued UPC connection speed. There is always a "fair use" piece attached.

There is no fair usage policy on their broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

adox wrote: »
    There is no fair usage policy on their broadband.

Correct. The lady I was talking to last night really went out of her way to emphasise that I could download as much as I want. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone with the Sky broadband service live now care to comment on how its going for them ?

Or will I need to trawl back through the thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Got it this morning, 17.50 and a 20mb speed?? not sure how that works but the very nice chap said it was 20mb when he tested my line . Had been paying Vodafone 44 euro, thanks OP :D its a huge saving!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

tweety76 wrote: »
    Got it this morning, 17.50 and a 20mb speed?? not sure how that works but the very nice chap said it was 20mb when he tested my line . Had been paying Vodafone 44 euro, thanks OP :D its a huge saving!!!
    What speed were you getting with vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Ghandee wrote: »
    Sky just called me to my home phone.

Offered me,:

Unlimited broadband (6 Meg)
    Unlimited calls Ireland and international (I specifically asked about USA/Australia) landlines
    Free wireless router etc.

€27.50 a month.

I'm happy with that :)

Was previously with Vodafone, and they were 48 (I think) for 8 Meg and UK/Ireland calls.
    UPC unavailable in my area, and with eircom/BT/Vodafone my download speeds were never above 4 Meg anyway.

Anyone else get the offer?

They forgot to tell you that does not inc your line rental..

So 52 euros you be looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭losttheplot

joxers25 wrote: »
    Hurry, Hurry, Hurry.....I Just ordered and the guy who processed my call said the trial finishes tonight @ 18:30 with the official launch in April.

Earlier in the week I was told it finished on Wed at 8:30. Last night I was told it finishes at 9pm tonight. It seems to be a moveable feast.
    Still it is a great deal if you intend to stay with SKY TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cork24 wrote: »

Wrong. It includes line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

adox wrote: »

Wrong. It includes line rental.

Are you sure?

As I got caught like that before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Registered my interest half an hour ago and just rang and just got Unlimited BB, free evening calls, free line rental, all for the massive sum of €10 per month.

Was only waiting a few minutes to get through too

Happy Days :D:D:D

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you sure?

As I got caught like that before

Yep. Includes everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Signed up at 17.50 the other night and wondering whats the best number to call to get my TV Package reduced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

joxers25 wrote: »
    They keep pushing it back!:mad:

Fu*k them anyway.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

They keep pushing it back!:mad:

Fu*k them anyway.:mad:
    No they don't, it's always been 9 tonight when it ends. If it goes into next week then they'll have pushed it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Ste05 wrote: »
    No they don't, it's always been 9 tonight when it ends. If it goes into next week then they'll have pushed it back.
    April

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

After 12mins on hold, I got through and have to do the form online for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After 12mins on hold, I got through and have to do the form online for it.
    The register interest form? Should have just bluffed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Basq wrote: »
    The register interest form? Should have just bluffed..

Totally. I bluffed. I just phoned them and said I registered a few days ago, and had a missed call, so registered again as I didnt want to miss it, and then decided to call to make sure etc.

Worked a charm. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I did actually register interest at end of November.. but know plenty of people that didn't and bluffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

I never even mentioned missing a call or registering interest, just said I was interested in the phone and broadband deal. Went for the €27.50 a month deal as on a rural exchange, know others on the main exchange who got it for €17.50. Only getting less than 2MB now and they said ill get 4MB so hopefully that'll happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

MJ434 wrote: »
    Signed up at 17.50 the other night and wondering whats the best number to call to get my TV Package reduced?

Snap! I signed up last night for €17.50 also. This morning I got my TV Package reduced, (see my post in the Sky HD sub thread). Call 0818 719819. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

Got my wife to phone up today after reading this thread last night, the guy asked how she knew of the offer, she told him that i had read it on Boards.ie last night............he replied no wonder the phones are hopping today...lol....got the deal for €17.50.....which also includes free uk landline and mobile calls......she also managed to blag a free HD box and only a extra €10 a month on our package....................only got married on New Years Eve, so might treat her to something out the chippa for her efforts today ;-0

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

efc67 wrote: »
    Got my wife to phone up today after reading this thread last night, the guy asked how she knew of the offer, she told him that i had read it on Boards.ie last night............he replied no wonder the phones are hopping today...lol....got the deal for €17.50.....which also includes free uk landline and mobile calls......she also managed to blag a free HD box and only a extra €10 a month on our package....................only got married on New Years Eve, so might treat her to something out the chippa for her efforts today ;-0

Ah, she deserves it, you must admit. Don't let it look like you're gonna make a habit of it though. Next week you might have Sports, Movies, Setanta & ESPN and there would be an expectation of dinner at a restaurant as a reward. ;)

Barnet wrote: »
    Snap! I signed up last night for €17.50 also. This morning I got my TV Package reduced, (see my post in the Sky HD sub thread). Call 0818 719819. Good luck.

Which option did you pick ? Cancellation or what? Thanks

• Advertisement

She had to blabber of course:rolleyes:

efc67; Sky Talk Anytime includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA ONLY ... see below.

Anytime calls of up to an hour to local and national numbers only (excludes calls to Directory Enquiries, indirect access, dial-up Internet numbers and 070 numbers). Unlimited international geographic landline calls of up to an hour to 20 countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czech Rep, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA). Daytime Mon-Fri 7am to 7pm, Evening Mon-Fri after 7pm and before 7am, Weekend all day Sat and Sun. Fair Use Policy applies.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both for a happy married life. Barnet

Which option did you pick ? Cancellation or what? Thanks

Yes, cancellations. Touch dial 4 and 4 again. Lets us know how you get on, good luck!

Yes, cancellations. Touch dial 4 and 4 again. Lets us know how you get on, good luck!

I rang saying I'm thinking of cancelling and she says "Sorry about that no offers"
    ...i was talking to some one in downgrade team?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

efc67; Sky Talk Anytime includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA ONLY ... see below.

Anytime calls of up to an hour to local and national numbers only (excludes calls to Directory Enquiries, indirect access, dial-up Internet numbers and 070 numbers). Unlimited international geographic landline calls of up to an hour to 20 countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czech Rep, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA). Daytime Mon-Fri 7am to 7pm, Evening Mon-Fri after 7pm and before 7am, Weekend all day Sat and Sun. Fair Use Policy applies.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both for a happy married life. Barnet

Woah...i may just hold back on that chippa tea
    ...lol...i might have picked her up wrong, anyway i would only be calling land lines in the UK.....great offer and about time someone put it up to Eircom and Vodafone....................And Barnet thanks for the best wishes ....this marriage malarky is a piece of piss..2 weeks and all running smoothly ;-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Can you still fill this form out? Where on My Sky is it? On mobile and the search function is leaving a lot to be desired.

Honestly pretty hard for me to grasp what exactly they're offering at the different price tiers. Anyone that could direct me to a post that puts this in context would be appreciated.

I rang saying I'm thinking of cancelling and she says "Sorry about that no offers"
    ...i was talking to some one in downgrade team?

When I rang I said I wanted to cancel my HD subscription. I said in view of the impending increase next month I needed to cut back on my subscription. He said he would see how he can help. He then offered me 20% off my Entertainment and Sport packages for 12 months. I asked if he could do anything else, much to my surprise he said he could also give me half price on my two multiroom for 12 months. He said to ring again when the 12 months were up and they would have another look at it.

MJ434, don't give up, try again in the morning, in fact I think early morning is the best time to call.

Syferus wrote: »
    Can you still fill this form out? Where on My Sky is it? On mobile and the search function is leaving a lot to be desired.

Honestly pretty hard for me to grasp what exactly they're offering at the different price tiers. Anyone that could direct me to a post that puts this in context would be appreciated.

Page 20/21 to this page have been written since Monday. Just about every answer you need is in there.

Woah...i may just hold back on that chippa tea
    ...lol...i might have picked her up wrong, anyway i would only be calling land lines in the UK.....great offer and about time someone put it up to Eircom and Vodafone....................And Barnet thanks for the best wishes ....this marriage malarky is a piece of piss..2 weeks and all running smoothly ;-0

I agree it's a fantastic offer. . . . Glad all going smoothly, 2 weeks eh? be good to each other and roll on 30 years!!! Oh by the way she still deserves that candlelight dinner . .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Page 20/21 to this page have been written since Monday. Just about every answer you need is in there.

There are only 19 pages in this thread...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No, its definitely 27.50, I've been on it since Nov and received a bill already. ;)

F1ngers wrote: »
    There are only 19 pages in this thread...:p

Possibly depends on what way you have website setting to display posts-per page?

I'm currently on page 37 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

No, its definitely 27.50, I've been on it since Nov and received a bill already. ;)
    How is the service going for you?

How is the service going for you?

Honest to God, I couldn't be happier.

Consistent enough 6.2 Meg speed with 38 ping (from memory)

You have to give it to Sky, when they offer a service, its usually ran well, their customer service is A-1 IMO.

Seriously, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Possibly depends on what way you have website setting to display posts-per page?

I'm currently on page 37 lol

Ok, default page sizing so. Post number 290 or 300 or so...

• Advertisement

Honest to God, I couldn't be happier.

Consistent enough 6.2 Meg speed with 38 ping (from memory)

You have to give it to Sky, when they offer a service, its usually ran well, their customer service is A-1 IMO.

Seriously, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

And you're on a 12 month deal too, ya?

And you're on a 12 month deal too, ya?

Sure am.

I was with Vodafone previous, think it was 48 a month, speed was up to 8meg, I rarely got above 3-4 though.

Sky told me the line was capable of six, and I'm getting slightly over that.

Plus......

I've rang my auntie Kate in Sydney about 5 times now for free. :D

Good friend of mine is Canadian, can call him on landline or mobile for free too.

How could you argue with that :confused:

Edit, should also make it clear, the bb/phone offer is not tied in with your TV subscription. I.E the people asking does it renew your TV subscription?

The answer is no, in fairness they've billed me for both services via the one bill, but that's were the connections end.

Sure am.

I was with Vodafone previous, think it was 48 a month, speed was up to 8meg, I rarely got above 3-4 though.

Sky told me the line was capable of six, and I'm getting slightly over that.

Plus......

I've rang my auntie Kate in Sydney about 5 times now for free. :D

Good friend of mine is Canadian, can call him on landline or mobile for free too.

How could you argue with that :confused:

I'm thinking that all of us January joiners will be checking in with you when next November arrives to see what the package turns into when the trail period ends.

I'm thinking that all of us January joiners will be checking in with you when next November arrives to see what the package turns into when the trail period ends.

We'll have a fair idea in April or whenever they officially launch. People signing up then will get a price for 12 months which will cover the early starters.

We'll have a fair idea in April or whenever they officially launch. People signing up then will get a price for 12 months which will cover the early starters.

But you know the way with Sky, they almost have some kind of offer for waking up in the morning. By the time November arrives along, this may have started with their BB service like it does with their TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Edit, should also make it clear, the bb/phone offer is not tied in with your TV subscription. I.E the people asking does it renew your TV subscription?

The answer is no, in fairness they've billed me for both services via the one bill, but that's were the connections end.

I was just on to them to confirm this point. I'm out of contract on my tv:D Even at €17,50 I think its time to think of cancelling and get a combo box.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Anyone else having this message on my sky about the phone line order? Hoping it's just until eircom cancel the line!

"We are sorry there has been a delay with your order. We are working to progress your order however, if you are still seeing this message after five or more days, please contact sky customer care"

Nanoc wrote: »
    Anyone else having this message on my sky about the phone line order? Hoping it's just until eircom cancel the line!

"We are sorry there has been a delay with your order. We are working to progress your order however, if you are still seeing this message after five or more days, please contact sky customer care"

That's Sky. It stays that way until a day or two after Sky BB is active on your line. I was told not to worry about it when I enquired yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Missed out on this, disaster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement