Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

sky haven't even launched the board band yet. Brother is working in that part of sky in Dublin and they are all still been trained. Also no price yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cena wrote: »
    sky haven't even launched the board band yet. Brother is working in that part of sky in Dublin and they are all still been trained. Also no price yet
    We know, they are trialing it and a select few that showed interest on the website are getting calls to trial it at a discounted price before the launch next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    We know, they are trialing it and a select few that showed interest on the website are getting calls to trial it at a discounted price before the launch next month.

What's this talk about discounted price. You mean to say when the full service is launched that the prices won't be the same as what are being spoken about here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yeah if you read back through the thread its mentioned that the current prices being talked about are only for trial customers and that it'll be dearer when launched to the masses. On the phone now so can't link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I git called from 1800806807 from sky. Outbound only...i tried calling back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Got a voicemail from a private number so it seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I have only been following this thread for the past few days.

Yesterday I filled out the online form expressing interest and amazingly I received a call this morning, less than 24 hours later. A guy with Cork accent gave me details of €17 offer for 12 months the same as others have said here.

The line test gave a result of 6Mb which is the same as I am now getting from UTV, but much cheaper. He said he would call me back tomorrow to confirm if I wanted to go ahead.

I just have 2 issues which obviously Sky can't answer so I wonder if anyone here would know.

I'm wondering if my DSL with Sky will still take advantage of any line improvements by Eircom in their upcoming fibre connection to the cabinets.

I'm also hoping my disconnection from UTV goes smoothly with no ongoing charges etc. Has anyone done this with UTV.

Thanks
    Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can I just ask do Sky call on a 0999*** number? I had a couple of missed calls last week while I was in an exam. The number wouldn't ring out when I tried to call back. Google suggests it is a Sky number but I'd be interested to know if anyone has had a call from Sky on a similar number for these offers?

I got a call from a similar no half an hour ago. I can confirm from Sky. I had to ring them back. This is the no. to ring 0818719895. You will get through directly to Broadband & Phone Sales. Got an offer of unlimited broadband and Sky talk anytime for €17.50. Happy out.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Anyone in Maynooth area get signed up? Will call in the afternoon and report back if they let me, although I can't get UPC in my house so I'd be surprised if I can get sky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I got a call from a similar no half an hour ago. I can confirm from Sky. I had to ring them back. This is the no. to ring 0818719895. You will get through directly to Broadband & Phone Sales. Got an offer of unlimited broadband and Sky talk anytime for €17.50. Happy out.:D

Has anybody tried ringing the above number and asking for the offer?

Am on list, non LLU, but have not had a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Got through, nice chap on the phone ran a speed test.

Make sure to have your UAN (Universal Account Number) on you before you ring - if you're with Eircom then this is just your Eircom Account Number.

Unfortunately the test came back saying "speed it too low to provide a stable connection".

I was getting 1 Mb with Eircom a while back - he reckons you'd need to have about 2 Mb or better to get on the trial.

He did mention that after the full rollout (in one to two months) I should ring again as they may reduce the speed requirements.

They're ringing people who've applied on a lottery basis by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi

I have only been following this thread for the past few days.

Yesterday I filled out the online form expressing interest and amazingly I received a call this morning, less than 24 hours later. A guy with Cork accent gave me details of €17 offer for 12 months the same as others have said here.

The line test gave a result of 6Mb which is the same as I am now getting from UTV, but much cheaper. He said he would call me back tomorrow to confirm if I wanted to go ahead.

I just have 2 issues which obviously Sky can't answer so I wonder if anyone here would know.

I'm wondering if my DSL with Sky will still take advantage of any line improvements by Eircom in their upcoming fibre connection to the cabinets.

I'm also hoping my disconnection from UTV goes smoothly with no ongoing charges etc. Has anyone done this with UTV.

Thanks
    Max

I emailed UTV to cancel but was told by them that they would do i when Sky initiated transfer.

I'm also returning my old modem to save 40 euro cancellation costs as per my t&C.
    You should emial them yourself so your cancellation is on record and say your moving to Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

Thanks for the number, rang and got offered Freetime phone package and unmlimited broadband for €10 a month, woo hoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

absolute gent putting that number up, couldnt get through to them overlast few weeks trying to get this. Was paying 45 to eircom for 5mb. Rang that number and as Im with sky anyway got a discounted 12 month package of 17mb with unlimited download cap of 10 euro a month on the lower package (not the talk anytime but I barely use the phone anyway so doesnt matter).

thats practically free. just saved 420 a year! literally dancing a jig here. up your jacksy eircom....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got through myself. Rural idah connection with up to 6mb for 17.50, paying Vodafone 49 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would it make sense for someone from Sky (A Sky Rep maybe :rolleyes:) to answer all the questions that keep poping up?
    Would be easier for everyone concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blee23

Thanks from me as well, I too just rang and got unlimited broadband and calls to internaional numbers for
    17.50euro, normally pay vodafone 45 for service thats not as good
    Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cartwheel

Are you all based in Dublin or is the Sky broadband available nationwide, Mayo for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

there website advertises it has coming soon. It seems very difficult to get prices? any word of roll out in Co Meath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    there website advertises it has coming soon. It seems very difficult to get prices? any word of roll out in Co Meath?

Up and running since December 21st in Enfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone from galway sign up or get a call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i rang the number provided a page back, signed up for 5mb for €10 a month, was paying eircom €62 a month !! said i had missed a few calls from blocked numbers and presumed it was sky as i had registered my interest. very nice girl went through the whole process in about 15 mins. just have your sky account/viewing card number handy , and also your eircom (or other company) account number. i was contemplating getting rid of sky tv altogether to save money, but with this saving i can keep the 2 packages !!! happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Prices havnt been announced yet. According to Sky the people who are called are on an special introductory price and the price will be higher when launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

i signed up a few months back have being getting a missed call of a private number the last week or so and a 6 digit number 99600 or some thing like that.
    i rang the number 0818719895 and got through to there broadband section
    every thing was going grand untill they spotted that the sky account was in my wifes name so they would only deal with her but shes at work wo ill will have to wait untill shes get home,they are going to do a call back as well.

u will need you sky account number
    uan number
    and the number of your land line.
    i live in mayo cartwell

cartwheel wrote: »
    Are you all based in Dublin or is the Sky broadband available nationwide, Mayo for example.

I'm in Mayo. 400m from the exchange:D

Did you say you missed a call or just ringing to enquire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Just signed up by calling the 0818 number above. Delighted.

I'm in Mayo. 400m from the exchange:D
    beside the libary??

Hogzy wrote: »
    Prices havnt been announced yet. According to Sky the people who are called are on an special introductory price and the price will be higher when launched.

I was offered the Sky Talk Anytime which is unlimited anytime calls to landlines in Ireland and 20 other countries plus calls to mobiles in US & Canada. I asked about mobile call cost in Ireland & UK. Got a call back to say it is 9.74c per min to mobiles in either location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ffs I rang sky and they cant sell me their broadband because their system is saying my line isnt good enough and the exchange can only do 2mb braodband but that isnt right

What they are doing is using eircoms details which are rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

i have 25 meg with UPC. SKY only providing 6 meg:confused: surely that speed is too slow to make a switch worthwhile?

Headshot wrote: »
    ffs I rang sky and they cant sell me their broadband because their system is saying my line isnt good enough and the exchange can only do 2mb braodband but that isnt right

What they are doing is using eircoms details which are rubbish

Did you ask the agent to do a line test?

i have 25 meg with UPC. SKY only providing 6 meg:confused: surely that speed is too slow to make a switch worthwhile?

You'd be mad to leave UPC. Sky can only do DSL & thats way short of what fibre can provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

fifib wrote: »
    anyone from galway sign up or get a call?

Yes, I'm up and running since just before Christmas & delighted with it.
    Based in the city btw

Happy out, got sorted there, doubled speed to 6mps, unlimited downloads and same other benefits for €20pm, reckon ill save €400 this year on the back of that!

• Advertisement

stay with upc they are miles ahead of any 1 else.the reason iam changing is cos i cant get upc and sky are cheaper and have a biggger download allowlance

You'd be mad to leave UPC. Sky can only do DSL & thats way short of what fibre can provide.

that all depends on what you're doing with the line. I would argue most residential homes dont need full fibre. Ive had a 3mb line for last few years, can stream movies, game without glitch.

as skys line beccomes more congested expect line speeds to shorten up but Id say youve at least a year before that starts to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Are they only contacting Sky TV subscribers at the moment?

muffinhead wrote: »

I think so but you can contact them directly to see what theyll do for you. use the number a couple of pages back.

I had submitted my details several times over last 3 months but they never called me, I got on to them today after the number was published on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did you ask the agent to do a line test?

They asked for my eircom account number and then they came back with the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

muffinhead wrote: »

Yes, there was a bit of confusion because i said I was ringing about joining Sky Broadband and she asked me for my account number. I said I didn't have one(trying to join up). She meant the Sky Customer Account number because she said "Sorry, it's for existing customers on Sky TV at the moment". Somehow I knew my Viewing Card Number(strange what your brain stores) and happy out from there on. Only thing I sacrifice is not being able to call 5 Vodafone Mobiles for free. However I save over €30 a month so who cars. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Have read through most of this.
    I am right in saying that you must be a sky customer yes?
    This isn't available unless you have their TV package?

yes u are correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

AFAIK it's only for existing sky customers, but if you do not have Sky , and are already paying for the likes of eircom broadband, you could sign up for the basic sky package, and throw in the broadband, and it would still be cheaper than current eircom prices ! just a thought , if its possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

2smiggy wrote: »
    AFAIK it's only for existing sky customers, but if you do not have Sky , and are already paying for the likes of eircom broadband, you could sign up for the basic sky package, and throw in the broadband, and it would still be cheaper than current eircom prices ! just a thought , if its possible

Only until the introductory offer ends though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Do you think I'll hear back? I registered my interest in November, haven't heard anything and i don't think i will now because when it asked if i had a phone line i said no. I don't have a phone but there is a phone socket there and i did sign up to eircom before but cancelled before i got my phone delivered because i was pissed off at having received 2 bills from them before i even used it, so was i right in saying i don't have a phone line or did they mean a currently active line? And does anyone know if i will have to go with eircom for 6 months before i can have my line activated to get sky broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I signed up, I am currently with eircom

I will get 17 mb speed as per what I'm currently on with eircom

It will be ten euro a month for twelve months and 1e for the lower call pkg

So 11e a month for the year, that is some saving

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Wicked!!! Sky Freetime and up to 15Mb broadband for e10 a month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Signed up by ringing the number:

€20 Sky Connect UnLimited
    €7.50 Sky Talk Anytime

Regular Exchange (Non-LLU)

Had been told €17.50 on the phone - email confirmation said otherwise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

2smiggy wrote: »

Thanks for advice.
    I don't have paid TV, I just have saorview and French tv.

Wil wait to see if they extend it though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement