Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

2smiggy wrote: »
    AFAIK it's only for existing sky customers, but if you do not have Sky , and are already paying for the likes of eircom broadband, you could sign up for the basic sky package, and throw in the broadband, and it would still be cheaper than current eircom prices ! just a thought , if its possible

TBH, I would do this though, if the offer was there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

TBH, I would do this though, if the offer was there. :D

Basic Sky is around e35 with the basic BB (no calls package) is e10... so e45 and you get SkyTV thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I am on an eircom only exchange and my confirmation email says 10e a month for unlimited sky broadband and 1e for the call package??

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Signed up by ringing the number:

€20 Sky Connect Limited
    €7.50 Sky Talk Anytime

Regular Exchange (Non-LLU)

Had been told €17.50 on the phone - email confirmation said otherwise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

BArra wrote: »
    I am on an eircom only exchange and my confirmation email says 10e a month for unlimited sky broadband and 1e for the call package??

You could have gotten lucky Barra
    Are you rural or urban?

I rang up and they said it was €20 as it was a rural exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

You could have gotten lucky Barra
    Are you rural or urban?

I rang up and they said it was €20 as it was a rural exchange

i got the €10 for 5MB unlimited, and i am rural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

BrianHal wrote: »
    Basic Sky is around e35 with the basic BB (no calls package) is e10... so e45 and you get SkyTV thrown in for good measure.

Basic Sky TV package is €25. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

2smiggy wrote: »
    i got the €10 for 5MB unlimited, and i am rural
    he asked me was it rural or urban he was gone off the phone before i answnered.he said he would find out ,came back on the phone and said it was rural even though its urban i dident argue with the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Wats the number to call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

MJ434 wrote: »
    Wats the number to call?

• Advertisement

Basic Sky TV package is €25. :D

True. I don't have Sports and Movies and mine is e35 including the kids and music and documentaries etc.

There will be price changes at the end of the 12 month stint. You get notified in advance of the price change and you can decide then if you want to stick with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

I tried calling them today, I am with UPC, was going to cancel Sky TV to merge the two and save money but they asked me not to cancel and to wait until the end of the month as they could offer broadband.

Anyhow called today gave sky account number (paying e88 a month for TV) and they said they couldnt offer me broadband as I was not an Eircom or vodafone customer??? I said whats the way around it and she said to get an eircom account but sure that would be a 12 month contract!

Anyone else got the same feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Soups123 wrote: »
    I tried calling them today, I am with UPC, was going to cancel Sky TV to merge the two and save money but they asked me not to cancel and to wait until the end of the month as they could offer broadband.

Anyhow called today gave sky account number (paying e88 a month for TV) and they said they couldnt offer me broadband as I was not an Eircom or vodafone customer??? I said whats the way around it and she said to get an eircom account but sure that would be a 12 month contract!

Anyone else got the same feedback?

You need to get a phone line off eircom first, then you can sign up with Sky. You don't need to sign up for BB with eircom and I think if you just get the phone line there's no minimum contract. Could be wrong on that.

Signed up by ringing the number:

€20 Sky Connect Limited
    €7.50 Sky Talk Anytime

Regular Exchange (Non-LLU)

Had been told €17.50 on the phone - email confirmation said otherwise :)

Told me the same as yourself, first the €17.50 deal and then later it was the €27.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

LeftBlank wrote: »
    You need to get a phone line off eircom first, then you can sign up with Sky. You don't need to sign up for BB with eircom and I think if you just get the phone line there's no minimum contract. Could be wrong on that.

see the faq. current minimum contract for residential lines is 12 months.

http://www.eircom.net/productsServices/pstn/?WT.mc_id=IEProd_Phone/

maybe sky will get it fitted (through eircom) but as theyre only starting out I doubt it. worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Told me the same as yourself, first the €17.50 deal and then later it was the €27.50

Yep blew up in my face as well so accepted the €27.50(better than €49) BUT I kicked up a fuss(on purpose) and got 20% off my TV for 12months(Customer retention department) which is €7 a month to me. so even though I had to pay €10 more for the broadband in total I'm only paying €3 more per month. :D

Yet still saving €28.50 against Vodafone Unlimited! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

How have some of us been offered sky broadband unlimited at 10e month on non LLU exchange? Even got email confirming it

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Fair to you, Kristopherus, for putting this number up - rang them today and am sorted for the same deal - anytime for €17.50. Geat deal, great saving on my current Vodafone package.

Thanks again, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Got sorted today. 17.50 for broadband incl calls to 20 countries. Mayo based. Thanks for the info..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ch1co

Same as. Thanks for putting up the number. 17.50..great deal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Does anyone know if I sign up tomorrow is there a minimum contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder what Vodafone, UTV etc are going to do if loads of customer move to SKY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Sneachta wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I sign up tomorrow is there a minimum contract?

12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Mixupat wrote: »
    Got sorted today. 17.50 for broadband incl calls to 20 countries. Mayo based. Thanks for the info..

Anyone know which 20 countries they are? UK and USA and...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Anyone know which 20 countries they are? UK and USA and...?

Here are the details they sent me when I signed up

*Anytime calls of up to an hour to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland local and national numbers only (excludes calls to Directory Enquiries, indirect access, dial-up Internet numbers and 0700 numbers) and then these calls are charged at 6.90c per minute (daytime & evening) and 1.40c per minute (weekend).

Anytime international geographic landline calls of up to an hour to 20 countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA).

Fair Use Policy applies. A full copy of the terms and conditions applicable to your services will be sent to you in the post. But you can also get a copy by visiting www.sky.ie/termsandconditions

Cheers for that Lumi.

Hard to believe how they can provide free mobile calls to the US and Canada. Some deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Cheers for that Lumi.

Hard to believe how they can provide free mobile calls to the US and Canada. Some deal.

Great offer for sure but they don't offer anything free to Irish mobiles, which I thought was a little odd.

aramush wrote: »
    Great offer for sure but they don't offer anything free to Irish mobiles, which I thought was a little odd.

True but most people I know have free mobile to mobile/free minutes and don't use their landline to call mobiles so maybe this was their thinking.

True but most people I know have free mobile to mobile/free minutes and don't use their landline to call mobiles so maybe this was their thinking.

Good point but it would be handy if they added in, lets say, 30 minutes worth of irish mobile calls.. just a thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've been looking around for a way to get a line connected without a long eircom contract and Magnet will connect me for a one month rolling contract and will provide the new connection to the house through phone line. Granted its expensive per month but it is the only way I see that I could get a line connected without a contract and then move it to SKY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

crazygeryy wrote: »
    do you need a sky dish for this? or sky subscription?
    I'm paying upc 52 a month for the same thing with 25mb speed. I'd definitely change.

You should be on 50mb min with UPC, call them for a free upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just signed up! €21 / month for unlimited broadband and free evening and weekend calls to landlines. Currently paying Vodafone 100% more for the same. Worth noting that you required to stay with them for TV as well throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Has anyone managed to sign up without having tv from sky?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

that all depends on what you're doing with the line. I would argue most residential homes dont need full fibre. Ive had a 3mb line for last few years, can stream movies, game without glitch.

as skys line beccomes more congested expect line speeds to shorten up but Id say youve at least a year before that starts to happen.

3mb is not enough for one person to stream a movie imo and if there is more than one online, utterly dire, we have 8 and its a nightmare, barely one person can stream at a time, netfix is useless if anyone else is online, and hd streaming is a no go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

3mb is not enough for one person to stream a movie imo and if there is more than one online, utterly dire, we have 8 and its a nightmare, barely one person can stream at a time, netfix is useless if anyone else is online, and hd streaming is a no go

Well at the moment with Vodafone I`m getting a download speed of approx 5.8 and Netflix streams in HD flawlessly. Ive also downloaded files and watched Netflix at the same time without any issue. Id say you have problems other than your download speed.

3 should be more than adequate for Netflix.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lumi wrote: »
    Here are the details they sent me when I signed up

*Anytime calls of up to an hour to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland local and national numbers only (excludes calls to

What would happen if you hung up after 59mins and then re-dialled.
    I only ask because sis-in-law(living in England) regularly phones her sis hangs up after 59mins and calls back - still free.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I only ask because sis-in-law(living in England) regularly phones her sis hangs up after 59mins and calls back - still free.

That's the trick. Max call is 59 mins, redial and away you go.

F1ngers wrote: »

When i signed up she said (girl working for sky) hang up after 58 mins and redial, no problem !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks for posting up the number. I rang and was able to sign up at 27.50 a month.

Guy on the phone said that there are a lot of phonecalls in this morning !!!!

• Advertisement

i'd imagine they will close this offer soon , signed my parents up yesterday evening, so that will do for me. probably best to try and get any family friends in asap i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Sorry guys just saw the deal here and tried scrolling through the pages.Is it 27.50 for unlimited broadband and do you have to be a sky customer?

Someone in Sky is going to twig what has happened soon enough.

Sorry guys just saw the deal here and tried scrolling through the pages.Is it 27.50 for unlimited broadband and do you have to be a sky customer?

You must be a Sky TV customer, and the prices vary depending on your local phone exchange and the call package you choose. 12 mth contract applies to both phone & TV.

Just got a text saying they cannot process the order (signed up yesterday), when I went online to track order I got the same message. Anyone else get this?

aramush wrote: »
    Just got a text saying they cannot process the order (signed up yesterday), when I went online to track order I got the same message. Anyone else get this?

when you log into sky, and go to 'my sky' does the broadband show up there ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Unlimited 5MB unlimited broadband and evening and weekend calls for €10 extra a month..

.. BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Basq wrote: »
    Unlimited 5MB unlimited broadband and evening and weekend calls for €10 extra a month..

.. BOOM!

Sounds like a good deal.
    But for me, getting 25mb (roughly) with UPC and dropping to 5mb is no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Slattsy wrote: »
    Sounds like a good deal.
    But for me, getting 25mb (roughly) with UPC and dropping to 5mb is no good.
    Am only getting 4MB from my current line, and paying Vodafone almost €50 a month for the same thing and that's capped at 100GB..

.. saving of €40 a month = no brainer for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I've been looking around for a way to get a line connected without a long eircom contract and Magnet will connect me for a one month rolling contract and will provide the new connection to the house through phone line. Granted its expensive per month but it is the only way I see that I could get a line connected without a contract and then move it to SKY

This is probably the road I'll have to go down too, is it the €45 a month broadband only option? How long would you have to stay with magnet then before you can switch to sky do you know? And is there any other costs involved besides the monthly amounts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just rang said i had a missed call, dont think he believed me but came back after a few minutes and said he can offer me sky connect unlimited for €20 a month ,needless to say after years being screwed by eircom i jumped at it.
    He said my line can get 6mb [weird as eircom said 7mb] but he said the first two weeks not to turn off the sky router as it will be incrimentally increasing speeds to get the best stable speeds.
    My concern is the last time i went to 7mb from 3mb with eircom ingame pings increased, the sky operator said this shouldnt happen with their 6mb offering.

Im so happy to say goodbye to eircom.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement