Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S3 or Note 2

• 04-12-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi guys after 3 generations of iphone i have decided to give android a go , and im trying to choose between a Note 2 or Galaxy S3 , is there any major differences between the 2 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The size would be the first thing that springs to mind. Pop into a shop and try both in your hand. The Note2 is much bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

oh i know the note is quite big but technology wise are they on par or is the note being newer superior ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

oh i know the note is quite big but technology wise are they on par or is the note being newer superior ?

Technology-wise the note 2 is superior. Better battery size, bigger screen more ram are a few of the specs that come to mind.

Software wise things such as multi-windows (look at two apps at the same time), video/email previews etc and the capabilites of the spen come to mind that make the note II the superior device.

Don't get me wrong, the galaxy sIII for the size it is, is still an amazing device and reportedly some of the amazing features of the galaxy note II are coming to the s3.

As the previous poster said you need to hold the devices to see and feel the devices in the flesh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I've had both and I'd recommend the Note 2 over the S3 for the better battery and screen size. Otherwise there's not a lot in it really, both have practically the same features and using it feels almost the same too.

The size of it really becomes a non issue after a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭SparrowHawk

+1 for the Note 2. I recently bought this phone - great device :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

From reading about the Note 2 I made my mind up I had to have one. I saw it in the flesh last night for the first time, it is quite big alright but I thought my desire hd was huge when I got it. Specs wise it's slightly better than the s3, the size thing is the deciding factor. How pocketable is the Note 2?

King Krib wrote: »
    From reading about the Note 2 I made my mind up I had to have one. I saw it in the flesh last night for the first time, it is quite big alright but I thought my desire hd was huge when I got it. Specs wise it's slightly better than the s3, the size thing is the deciding factor. How pocketable is the Note 2?

Pocketwise ive never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

The price difference between the two is minimal, the note costing around €30-€40 more. The Note is slightly more advanced but I honestly don't think anyone would notice to be honest. There is nothing the Note can do that the SIII cannot.

For me I would go for the SIII simply due to the size of the Note being slightly too large for me. Thats just me personally and I know a lot of people would be more than happy with the larger screen of the note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

thomasj wrote: »

Pocketwise ive never had a problem.
    What sort of case do you keep it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I'm using the official Samsung case. Adds next to nothing to the size of the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Recently won a Note 2 in work and I have to admit being very impressed!

The battery life for one is a immense and the size of the device isn't overly off putting. I can from a Galaxy Nexus after previously having a HTC 8X and HTC OneX.

Touchwiz is the only real issue that I have with it - grew very fond of stock Android.

I don't!

I know what you mean, worrying about it dropping smashing etc but with all my phones ive had over the last 10 years, I haven't smashed one! (That includes iphones) having said that I'll drop it one and get very paranoid!

Advertisement