Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

womens groups in cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

ok thinking of taking down the thread now. it was a genuine thread no one was attacking anyone, a bit disapointed if people think that and the last comment wasnt needed as i thought the air was clear
    if any of the girls that said they would be interested in the idea, please feel free to work away to take over the organisation

This is just a suggestion from someone who probably first read your post out of curiosity (can’t think of any other reason) and who would not qualify to join your group for a couple of reasons.

First of all, as someone else has advised: “Take a chill pill girls...” This is the internet and this has been a civilised thread compared to the **** that is thrown about by pompous idiots on some other threads.

Not female and a long way from Cork but I think that your idea was and still is a very good one. However, you need to develop a thicker skin and be prepared to take criticism, which you will get no matter how much you do or how good your intentions may be. Anything worth doing will usually hit a few snags along the way but the people who succeed are the ones who keep trying.

So, forget about the bit of ‘hand-bagging’, put the disappointment in the past and keep going. You have displayed a bit of initiative and leadership and that is admirable. Your idea could turn into something worthwhile and if you can reach out a bit beyond this forum, I can see how it would be a Godsend not just to people who are out for a bit of craic but also to very many lonely women in Cork.

Come on the Cork girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Hi all,

I am looking for a women's group in East Cork/West Waterford. Age 40plus.
    General interests including arts and crafts. Anyone know of any? I am trying the ICA before anyone recommends them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RandomWorries

Womens group sounds great! Anyone still gonna organise it? Another lonely cork girl here in mid twenties and id really love more female company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 megalolz

Advertisement