Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates

Options
  • 04-12-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know much about electric gates? Mine have stoped working with the remote though somtimes they will open if your close enough and keep pressing the button. They open fine using the keypad (ACT5) or the button(comelit) in the house.

I havent looked into the circuit board box yet since its dark all the time but doesnt anyone know what i should look for?

Im sure its simple enough to replace or find the issue but i have no instructions, the installers never left anything!

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Chaos wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about electric gates? Mine have stoped working with the remote though somtimes they will open if your close enough and keep pressing the button. They open fine using the keypad (ACT5) or the button(comelit) in the house.

I havent looked into the circuit board box yet since its dark all the time but doesnt anyone know what i should look for?

Im sure its simple enough to replace or find the issue but i have no instructions, the installers never left anything!

Thanks
    John

have you changed the battery in your remote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

meercat wrote: »

have you changed the battery in your remote

nope but there is two remotes and the light is fairly solid so I don't think it's the issue but worth a go I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

any photo of control board and remote ?

any photo of control board and remote ?

that would be an idea alright I'll try get something this evening if its not to arctic!

I got some pictures this morning.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/20121208_122128.jpg
    this one looks like the receiver?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/20121208_122140.jpg

and the remote
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/remote.gif

I can hear the control box click when i use the remote so the signal is landing but just not triggering the gate to open. It opens fine with the control panel or the button in the house.

The two fuses look ok however the one on the left looks a little discoloured perhaps its the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Did you change any of the dip switches inside ?? Change the battery that will more then likely solve it .
    It's funny I thought of this remote after reading your post . Did you get them installed by Liftboy ?

Did you change any of the dip switches inside ?? Change the battery that will more then likely solve it .
    It's funny I thought of this remote after reading your post . Did you get them installed by Liftboy ?

dip switches haven't been touched the remote signal is reaching the unit as I can hear it click when the button is pressed. don't think it was life boy!

Is there something obstruction the photocell beams?? Give them a clean with a cloth

Is there something obstruction the photocell beams?? Give them a clean with a cloth

I don't think so as the gates close ok, if they were obstructed they would stay open.

Then it could be the RF receiver has gone bad or you have a loose connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

First check for loose connection from receiver to control. Also look for water stains on the connectors, and on the back of both boards.

give the relays on both boards (black rectangles-'omron') a good rattle with a screwdriver, while pressing the remote.

First check for loose connection from receiver to control. Also look for water stains on the connectors, and on the back of both boards.

give the relays on both boards (black rectangles-'omron') a good rattle with a screwdriver, while pressing the remote.

whizbang wrote: »

a good rattle with the a screw driver lol sounds dangerous :)

a good rattle with the a screw driver lol sounds dangerous :)

got a multi meter and checked all the wires they are fine I moved the speed which around and it seemed to work and when I put it back to fast it worked once or twice but stopped again. I don't think it's a physical issue but not sure where to pick up a new control board.

Before you adjusted any dials did you remove power to the board?? Some of them can be damaged when changing the dials with the power on .
    Liftboy in kilcullen sell that brand :-)
    You could bring the board to them and ask to see if a repair is possible . Do you have a manual release key to open the gates by hand

Before you adjusted any dials did you remove power to the board?? Some of them can be damaged when changing the dials with the power on .
    Liftboy in kilcullen sell that brand :-)
    You could bring the board to them and ask to see if a repair is possible . Do you have a manual release key to open the gates by hand

yes all safe on the power. cool I'll look them up got the gate key also!

Remove the white and green wire from the receiver unit and momentarily touch them off each other . Let me know it the gate opens . If it does then its a problem with the receiver :-) its 12v going into the unit

Kill all power to the system, get some switch cleaner/lubricant from maplins and soak the speed adjust potentiometer ( and the other ones too), and test again

WD40 may work if you can take the board out, and clean it afterwards.

Ill give that a go Thunderbird2!

Remove the white and green wire from the receiver unit and momentarily touch them off each other . Let me know it the gate opens . If it does then its a problem with the receiver :-) its 12v going into the unit

good call that worked so the receiver is the issue. any idea where you can get them?

• Advertisement

Lift boy automations in kilcullen .
    Or you could get a receiver and remotes on eBay for cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I got some pictures this morning.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/20121208_122128.jpg
    this one looks like the receiver?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/20121208_122140.jpg

and the remote
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53993072/gate/remote.gif

I can hear the control box click when i use the remote so the signal is landing but just not triggering the gate to open. It opens fine with the control panel or the button in the house.

The two fuses look ok however the one on the left looks a little discoloured perhaps its the issue?

The red STOP led is active in your photo - if you operate the remote do you see the green START led activate? It sounds like there is a relay active but the higher voltage circuit to open the gates is not making a circuit.

stoneill wrote: »

The red STOP led is active in your photo - if you operate the remote do you see the green START led activate? It sounds like there is a relay active but the higher voltage circuit to open the gates is not making a circuit.

If that was the problem then the above method wouldn't have worked ;)

Lift boy automations in kilcullen .
    Or you could get a receiver and remotes on eBay for cheap

ye I tried eBay first saw nothing not sure if liftboy do that model I mailed them about the control board already and they didn't do it. I've order 2 replacement Omron relays so I might see if I can fit them and fingers crossed it will work!

Having a hard time finding this part anyone got any ideas?
    ye I tried eBay first saw nothing not sure if liftboy do that model I mailed them about the control board already and they didn't do it. I've order 2 replacement Omron relays so I might see if I can fit them and fingers crossed it will work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Having a hard time finding this part anyone got any ideas?
    A stand alone receiver might be the way to go, this means new remotes.
    http://www.accesscontrol.ie/product/act-433tx-long-range-transmitter/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Hi, could a sliding electric gate wheels run on edge of heavy angle iron that has been concreted in? I have spare angle :)
    What's the best/cheapest options for sliding gate track?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

yes, you just need that type of wheels: http://www.rollingcenter.com/?product=1224-psvi&lang=en

You can get whels here: http://www.castormart.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi does anyone know were you can do a course on electric gates.Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement