Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay customs forms not printable?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

sorry to ask this but I have been searching, here and on AnPost.ie and can't find a conclusive answer.

I sold a retro pc game (boxed) to Japan, near Tokyo and from what I can see, An Post is cheaper, by far, than Parcel2go for either its packet or its parcel prices. Any thoughts on that? Looks like €30 registered post as a parcel and, if I'm lucky, about €8 as a registered packet.

But my primary question is re customs forms.They appear as an option on EBay but when I click on it, it shows up as a malfunctioning page?

I imagine I will need to fill in a customs form. But is there a different form for each differetn An Post service? Or one standard customs declaration form? It is not in plain sight; not where you'd expect it to be. Neither on eBay nor on AnPost.ie.

I'd love to have it filled in in advance if I could. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Firstly,
    Would a large envelope not be cheaper?
    Send items regularly in padded envelopes and as long as they are less than 25mm deep they will pass for an envelope size and rate.
    Would reduce postage charges for you.
    Secondly, while I have never sent anything to Japan I have posted to a lot of destinations worldwide and I always use the green stickers, free from the post office, to declare the customs value.
    Maybe Japan is different?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Thanks @newwifey,

I really appreciate the advice.

This is a boxed set of a retro pc game. Unfortunately 40cm deep. I reckon it will pass for a packet though. Which is excellent.

Guy gave 30 notes for it :) And 30 shipping :)

Best wishes,

Advertisement