If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming amp and speaker package

Options
  • 04-12-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, looking for a price on a streamer + speakers package. Streamer needs to be able to do DAB and dnla. Wifi would be nice but not essential.
    Something like this Onkyo CRN755 + Dali Zensor:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-systems/pah01998
    Any of those left, and how much to deliver to Dublin?
    Or maybe a Marantz CR603 with speakers? Any boardies price on that?
    Don't mind about speaker size, so if there's floor standers available for the right price, they would fit the bill.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads, looking for a price on a streamer + speakers package. Streamer needs to be able to do DAB and dnla. Wifi would be nice but not essential.
    Something like this Onkyo CRN755 + Dali Zensor:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-systems/pah01998
    Any of those left, and how much to deliver to Dublin?
    Or maybe a Marantz CR603 with speakers? Any boardies price on that?
    Don't mind about speaker size, so if there's floor standers available for the right price, they would fit the bill.

Cruhoortwunk,

thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote..

Either would be excellent - however if it came down to Audio quality in the end - I'd have to say that I'd favour the Marantz personally.

The MCR603 with the Dali Zensor One is just £499.95 and thats a really cracking price have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01216

The Onkyo CRN755 with the Dali's is also a bit of a bargain at £349.95 but I do think that the Marantz is worth the difference:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01998

......However have you considered the Denon Ceol - RCDN8 - this does not have DAB built in but it does have WiFi as standard (you dont really need DAB as you will have the internet radio through which you can access pretty much any radio station and of course it also has a high quality FM tuner built in - Again with the Dali Zensor One it's £499.95

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01926

...However (again) if you want the Denon to sing I would add the Monitor Audio BX2 over the Dali's - it's reduced to £549.95 but I can do a Boardie special at £529.95 - have a look at the system here:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01927

If you wanted to opt for floorstanders - have a browse on the www.richersounds.com site and if you see anything you fancy - I'll do my best to do you a system price..

Finally if you wanted to go for the Onkyo or the Marantz - rather than add a WiFi dongle I'd go for a powerline adaptor like this one:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming/tp-link/tl-pa251/tpli-tl-pa251-kit

This is the one with the mains pass through at £49.95 - I would strongly recommend it over a wifi dongle as it is WAY WAY faster!

showimage.php?image=310128.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

We have pretty much everything available from stock ready to ship so don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can do the honours!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Cheers John. Leaning towards the Onkyo as it has an optical digital in. How much for the Onkyo and the BX2?
    Already have some TP adapters, so sorted for that!

Cheers John. Leaning towards the Onkyo as it has an optical digital in. How much for the Onkyo and the BX2?
    Already have some TP adapters, so sorted for that!

Cru,

Onkyo CRN755 with the excellent Monitor Audio BX2 - £469.95... and we will do free shipping included with that..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

I'm gonna go with the Onkyo and the Dalis. Can you throw in postage to Dublin for the £350?

John

Bump
    Looking to go for the Onkyo and Dali package for £350

• Advertisement

Hi John,

I'm gonna go with the Onkyo and the Dalis. Can you throw in postage to Dublin for the £350?

John

Cru,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I honestly cannot do free shipping included with that package - it's actually gone up to £399.95 for the package now - happy to hold £349.95 for this one only, but I have to charge shipping at £12.95,

Apologies again for the delay - if you would like to go ahead just drop me a PM or a mail with the order and your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Cheers your assistance John, email sent.

Hi John,
    I got a missed call from the Belfast store on Friday regarding my order. Can you confirm that all is ok, or do I need to give any more details?
    No response from the sales email address

Hi John,
    I got a missed call from the Belfast store on Friday regarding my order. Can you confirm that all is ok, or do I need to give any more details?
    No response from the sales email address

Cru,

apologies for the delay getting back to your post - we hhave called you because the CRN755 is currently out of stock.

we are expecting a small delivery into our main warehouse in Manchester late this week but I'm not completely confident that I can get my grubby paws on one before Christmas - apologies for the inconvenience but could you drop me a PM or an email to sales@richersounds.ie with your thoughts and what you would like us to do??

Apologies again and looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me. Looks like the Dali speakers are in stock, so looking for a streaming amp similar to the Onkyo.
    Any package going for the same price at the moment?

• Advertisement

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me. Looks like the Dali speakers are in stock, so looking for a streaming amp similar to the Onkyo.
    Any package going for the same price at the moment?

Apologies (again) for the delay getting back to you..

I know it does not have a tuner (except of course for the built in internet radio) but how about this option?

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01920

showimage.php?image=pah01920.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Denon Piccolo / Dali Zensor - £379.95 ( It looks so cute it hurts!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    Can you pass it on that I will wait for the Onkyo to arrive back in?

Thanks,
    John

Hi John,
    Can you pass it on that I will wait for the Onkyo to arrive back in?

Thanks,
    John

John,

I'm hoping to get a V small shipment on Friday - so we may just scrape it into Santa's Sleigh in time for ya...

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your patience,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    If it's alright, I'd like to hold on til Stephen's Day to see what kind of offers are on the sale.
    If there's nothing suitable, I'll just wait for the Onkyo then.

Package received.
    Happy Christmas John! ho ho ho

Just realised I need speaker cable. I thought the Dalis would have some. Can you recommend a type? And what type of termination plug is needed on the end?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just realised I need speaker cable. I thought the Dalis would have some. Can you recommend a type? And what type of termination plug is needed on the end?

Hi there,

Check out the Cambridge Audio Ultra Micro cable priced at £2.99 per meter. This is a great quality cable but also quite thin so easy to hide.

You can pop banana plugs on each end of the cable if you like. Our banana plugs start from £4.99 a pair.

The other option is just to hardwire the cable in. Banana plugs don't have any benefit on quality. They just make things alot easier for connecting them up.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi Chris
    I am interested in this system as well (Onkyo CRN755 + Dali Zensor:)
    Do you know when it will be back in stock and will the price change after xmas?
    Will this system work with a NAS like Zyxel NSA310 1-Bay Network Storage Appliance?
    Thanks Barry

barry75 wrote: »
    Hi Chris
    I am interested in this system as well (Onkyo CRN755 + Dali Zensor:)
    Do you know when it will be back in stock and will the price change after xmas?
    Will this system work with a NAS like Zyxel NSA310 1-Bay Network Storage Appliance?
    Thanks Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

At the moment we have the system in stock. Not sure on price changes at the moment. We get e-mails through with price changes on a daily basis so it could very well change.

I dont see why it shouldn't work with your NAS drive :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

At the moment we have the system in stock. Not sure on price changes at the moment. We get e-mails through with price changes on a daily basis so it could very well change.

I dont see why it shouldn't work with your NAS drive :)

Chris

Thanks Chris
    For getting back I may hold off till after x mas to buy the system do I need to buy the wifi and Bluetooth adapter separate for the system to work with a smart phone

• Advertisement

barry75 wrote: »
    Thanks Chris
    For getting back I may hold off till after x mas to buy the system do I need to buy the wifi and Bluetooth adapter separate for the system to work with a smart phone

Hi Barry,

The WiFi and Bluetooth adaptors would be a seperate purchase. If your router is going to be close by you can just run an ethernet cable.

Or use powerline adaptors. These will carry your internet signal across your mains which keeps things pretty tidy.

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming/tp-link/tl-pa210/tpli-tl-pa210kit

Let me know what you think..

Merry Christmas

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.