Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find Mexican cheese

Options
  • 04-12-2012 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I have been using 'My Mexican Shop' for my sauces, but I can not find any decent Mexican-style cheese like Oaxaca or Monterey Jack. I am told Raclette is similar, is this true? I intend to use it in Enchiladas, so the taste and consistency needs to be very close.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Montjuic

Hi I am cooking Mexican food this weekend for a big group and don't know which cheeees I can substitute for Monterey Jack which seems always called for?

It seems to be a tasty white hard cheese that has good meltability in quesadillas and burrito wraps.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have 1kg here for €6.05 but the delivery price is crazy at €19.95

http://eu.fairfayre.com/default.aspx?pid=762

Mild Cheddar would be closest

Superquinn used to sell Jack but haven't seen it around anywhere and it is a lovely cheese.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

just swap jack out for something like gruyere or mild white cheddar and Oaxaca with something like mozzarella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not of any use but just to say Superquinn has lost a fair few products with the change to supervalu. Two or three cheese products I regularly bought are gone from my local SQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I've only ever bought chillies from here

http://www.coolchile.co.uk/categories/view/seasonal-fresh

But they sell cheese too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement