Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Bridges in Flat Concrete Roofs

• 04-12-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

With regard to concrete flat roofs, where the concrete deck passes over a 300mm cavity wall, what is the recommended form of construction for preventing a thermal bridge through the concrete deck? (if any)

I have seen a number of manufacturer details (such as the attached) which recommend; roof membrane on insulation on VCL on conc. deck but I can't figure out how this type of construction would prevent a cold bridge and condensation forming on the soffit of the concrete internally.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ray

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• the conc slab stops at the inner leaf
    • the cavity insulation is continuous to meet the roof insulation

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ray Dow

Thanks Bryan. I'm assuming the outer leaf is carried up to the take the timber supports then.

I don't know why this particular manufacturer is recommending this type of construction for their product - could have been an expensive repair job down the line.

Advertisement