Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Weight Loss Support Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

and if it had been, it'd more than likely have fallen over a week later

"What have the Romans ever done for us?"

"Great sayings?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I usually post on the weight watchers thread and was hoping you wouldn't mind if I joined you:) I have lost 2 stone 12.5 lbs altogether and have another 16pounds to go. Everyone here seems to be doing so well so hopefully I will find the motivation to keep going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Hi everyone :-) well done on all the losses this week. I was so delighted on Saturday when I stepped on the scales to be down 2lbs, which is a total of -8lbs since Jan 27th, so slow and steady. If I can get another 6 off by my birthday in May I will be delighted. Had a couple of chocolate treats the weekend so back to normal today. I'm heading to Dublin on Wednesday for an exam so hopefully eating out won't derail me too much, I'll try to be good! Best of luck to everyone this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm writing this to myself more than anything but I bought an 8 pack of cupcakes for my dad's birthday and I secretly ate one. I was holding the pack in my hand, fighting the urge to scoff another one when I remembered I'm 2lbs away from losing a stone. The first two weeks I lost 10lbs altogether. . I thought I would lose the next four and be down a stone in three weeks. But subconsciously I sabotaged myself because I was afraid that I'd try my hardest and still fail. I put on .5 of a lb. But I'm not going to do the same this time. I put the cupcakes down and will instead focus on the fact that I am home from my 4th hour walk in a week and my second walk today. I will focus on the fact that I have lost 12lbs already and am getting definition in my arms. I will focus on how good I feel and how all my size 16 clothes fit me again. I am allowed to slip up, but not to give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Noooooo, so much chocolate was consumed today - I'm really annoyed with myself, I have no willpower whatsoever. :(

So as a reminder to myself (a kick up the arse more like!), I vow not to eat anymore chocolate until the end of this month.......20 days If I can accomplish that, I'll be doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Excuse my appearance in this pic :o but these trousers used to be close fitting on me, 8 weeks on and nearly 2 stone down...

2014-03-11194921_zps5107a75f.jpg

I had my weigh in earlier, I lost 1.5lbs.. but she said I've lost 3lbs of fat but I'm retaining water so technically I've lost a stone but it's just not showing up because of the water. . Anyone know how to get more water in to yourself? I have an app but it pisses me off with all the reminders! Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Been eating well again since Monday and I'm amazed at how much less bloated I feel already. First day back was tough, I wanted to eat rings around myself. But since then it's been a lot more manageable. Hoping for a loss on the scales next Monday!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Noooooo, so much chocolate was consumed today - I'm really annoyed with myself, I have no willpower whatsoever. :(

So as a reminder to myself (a kick up the arse more like!), I vow not to eat anymore chocolate until the end of this month.......20 days If I can accomplish that, I'll be doing well.

I have chocolate every day. It's my downfall, but life is so much easier when I allow myself to have a bit. Might have a rice cake and a mini Snickers type thingy with a cuppa tay in the evening.

ETA - sounds like I'm rubbing it in, but I eat a little every day, and still lose weight. I'd rather be happy with a wee bit of chocolate than miserable without it, but that's just me and I find I'm happy enough with a tiny bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

jenizzle wrote: »
    I have chocolate every day. It's my downfall, but life is so much easier when I allow myself to have a bit. Might have a rice cake and a mini Snickers type thingy with a cuppa tay in the evening.

ETA - sounds like I'm rubbing it in, but I eat a little every day, and still lose weight. I'd rather be happy with a wee bit of chocolate than miserable without it, but that's just me and I find I'm happy enough with a tiny bit.

Thanks Jenizzle. Tbh, I'm losing weight every week at a steady pace, which I'm very happy with. So I can't fault chocolate in that sense. I just want to cut back the amount I consume as I eat very healthily otherwise. Chocolate is just my weakness.

I mentioned it to a friend of mine recently who commented that because I eat well, consuming a little bit every day balances out because my diet is good otherwise. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Another pound down.

Gonna be tough in a few weeks, though. Heading to France for 4 days and have to eat out as we have a hotel booked, rather than an apartment. Then my birthday the day after I get home, the boyfriend has a meal planned, then a night out the next night.

I'll probably gain 2-3lbs over that week, but I dont mind too terribly. I'm fairly food conscious, so a week won't kill me. I'll just try to find the healthiest options available, and hope to fcuk my French is sufficient for ordering food :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

My 8kg dumbbells arrived today, can't wait to start working with them! :) I've actually been really good for the last few days :o junk food wise! Went swimming Tuesday and had Krav Maga Wednesday (Covered in bruises from it though! Oops!:o). Hoping I can stay in this mood, the last few weeks have been a mess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I've been eating pretty good since Sunday (Sunday was a hungover day of such proportions that I ate everything), walked 4k Monday, did a brisk walk of about 4k yesterday, then did 30DS level 2 (in a bra top and leggings in front of a mirror by accident, guaranteed to motivate). Cycled 7k today, my first time on a bike since I was 13, have a fear of it after a bad fall then. So quite happy on that front. I weighed myself Tuesday and it said I was about 5lbs heavier than last week, so that was some sort of girly hormonal anomaly, hopefully it'll be more normal when I weigh myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭magicgal

Just said would join in this thread as badly need to lose weight :(
    Know it's nobody else fault but my own but feeling so lethargic and bloated.IRS a vicious circle for me - was going to start last wed with lent but jst let stress get hold of me so fell off the wagon
    It's a brand new day and new start for me in the morning so hope people don't mind me posting here.Am going to give myself 7 weeks to lose 7 pounds so think I can do that
    Running Limerick half Marathon in 7 weeks so that will help focus me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Wohoo!!!

17.6KG down as of this morning since Last July. Goal is to lose 20KG so on track... :D:D:D

Just the plain nothing added popcorn kernels you get in the clear bag are an okay snack choice right? I mean, looking at the back on the nutrition side I can't see anything bad! I can happily eat plain popcorn without anything added to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

Hi-joined up just for this so please be kind!
    Last June I decided to get healthy (er!)

At that stage I was 24.5 st - I'm mortified even writing that!

Didn't fancy WW or Slimming World so planned on doing my own thing. I had tried diets before and failed miserably, so I didn't even tell anyone I was trying this time!

So I've totally changed my diet and have braved the local gym (as an adult, I was never so ridiculously nervous on my 1st day!) turns out people in gyms are genuinely lovely!

This morning I weighed in at 14st 3.5lbs and am feeling great. The last time I weighed that, I think I would have been 16 or 17!

The problem is I seem to have serious plateaus. Like, I've been hovering around this weight for 2 wks now and I know I'm putting on muscle from gym, but would like to see the number on the scales start to drop again!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Didn't fancy WW or Slimming World so planned on doing my own thing. I had tried diets before and failed miserably, so I didn't even tell anyone I was trying this time!

So I've totally changed my diet and have braved the local gym (as an adult, I was never so ridiculously nervous on my 1st day!) turns out people in gyms are genuinely lovely!

This morning I weighed in at 14st 3.5lbs and am feeling great. The last time I weighed that, I think I would have been 16 or 17!

The problem is I seem to have serious plateaus. Like, I've been hovering around this weight for 2 wks now and I know I'm putting on muscle from gym, but would like to see the number on the scales start to drop again!!

Hi banana split, congratulations on such a brilliant weight loss:) I can't really help with the plateau as I am no expert and am battling my own at the moment but I wanted to get on and offer congrats and some support. Keep going you are doing so well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Happy St Patricks Day everyone! I was down 1.4lbs this week, delighted with that. Going to try and be extra good this week as I am back to work next Monday and will have a hectic few weeks ahead, so I know I wont get in as much exercise as I would like. I had a couple of treats over the weekend and hopefully with the day that's in it, I can avoid temptation today, though I do have a couple of bottles of Rekorderlig I have been saving since Christmas so if I am under my calories today, I might be tempted to open one!

Down 1lb after my first week, not a huge amount but at least it's going in the right direction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

So...went to the gym this evening to get a new program - hopefully this will kick-start the weight loss again!
    On the plus side, the trainer was really pleases with my progress. She weighed me, and my body fat % has dropped to 30% so was delighted about that.:D (It was in the high forties when I started going to gym, and I'd already lost a fair bit of weight at that stage!)

Came home, friend came over and we decided to do a major clear-out of all my old fat clothes - 9 bin bags to drop off tomorrow! Only problem now is, I have no clothes (I'm really not exaggerating here!)

** shopping time!

So...went to the gym this evening to get a new program - hopefully this will kick-start the weight loss again!
    On the plus side, the trainer was really pleases with my progress. She weighed me, and my body fat % has dropped to 30% so was delighted about that.:D (It was in the high forties when I started going to gym, and I'd already lost a fair bit of weight at that stage!)

Came home, friend came over and we decided to do a major clear-out of all my old fat clothes - 9 bin bags to drop off tomorrow! Only problem now is, I have no clothes (I'm really not exaggerating here!)

** shopping time!

Well done :) I can't wait to get to that stage! I'm in between sizes at the moment - 18 is too big, but (certain) 16s are too small! It's mainly my legs, they're huge so it will take a while for them to get smaller. I'm retaining water too and that's where it sits so I've been trying to up my water intake.

This week has been crap. I usually have a "cheat day" on a Thursday or Friday but then I had my brother's 21st on Saturday, caught a cold walking home and have been feeling crap since so the diet is out the window :( I'll go to my meeting but I might skip the weigh in :( I know eating healthy again will help with the cold but I just have no energy either! But all hope is not lost! Going to make a fruit smoothie when I get up!

Is anyone here using MyFitnessPal? I need more people to follow! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im princessinnocentknickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I'm nyommers! Don't judge me by the past week though, it's been out of control :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it wont actually let me view your food diaries, just like or comment

strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

pampootie wrote: »
    I'm nyommers! Don't judge me by the past week though, it's been out of control :(

You're nyommers! I was like "who is this!?" Thanks for the add! :D
    it wont actually let me view your food diaries, just like or comment

strange

Some people have their diaries private I think. I don't see the point of that really though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Haha I went on a little friend request spree!

I tthink I've changed my diary settings now. Haven't actually entered anything since Saturday though! Back to it tomorrow

Prawns and avocado!:D Yummy! Nice treat after Krav Maga!:) Been really good for the last good few days without really trying! All the essays have to write for college has actually kept me off the junk food!:eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I'm bonshont :)

Advertisement