Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Weight Loss Support Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

talkin wrote: »
    Ok so I actually can't stop eating. Gained over 10lbs over Xmas and still can't get it off! Iv great intentions but can't seem to fill myself. Had lost 20lbs last year felt great. Feel crap since gaining back 10lbs. Any help with pigging out. I just want the weight off

Coming here is a start.

In can be so so hard to come out of a cycle like that but you can do it. Just do it bit by bit.

Maybe start by tracking what you're eating by keeping a food diary. Don't try and cut down but I guarantee you by writing it down you'll nearly automatically cut down because you are more conscious of what you're eating.

I use myfitnesspal to keep a diary of what I eat (I used to have one here but they got rid of that facility.)

I have a few friends on there and I know they can see my food and it keeps me fairly honest! I still have my bad days, and I know there's no judgement but the sense of community keeps me going. Also when I see everyone else's amazing progress I am more motivated myself!

Foodwise, you say you can't seem to fill yourself? You should never be hungry losing weight. That sounds like such a cliche but it's so true. You just have to get smart with your food intake. Veggies are your friend so pile the plate high. Make sure you're getting lots of protein like chicken etc... in as it does keep you fuller. The killers for hungry are the ones you always hear about; the white bread, pasta etc... They really do end up making you hungrier I think and just craving more. Stick with wholegrain.

In the meantime here are some ideas of things I've picked up over the years to help get your head in the right place. Having your head ready is number one in my opinion!
    • keep the food diary
    • write down a list of reasons why you would like to lose weight e.g. to feel better in clothes, more self confidence, healthier person etc... You could stick these somewhere you can see them and they can be a reminder of why you want to eat better
    • Write down a list of mini goals e.g. lose 1 pound, lose 7 pounds, get down to 180 pounds etc... You can tick these off as you go and maybe reward yourself with a new bag or a trip to the beauticians everytime you reach a goal
    • Put a picture on your phone or computer as a screensaver that motivates you. I had a dress for a Xmas party last year that I wanted to lose a bit of weight for and everytime I looked at my phone I saw it and I nearly always put down the biscuit then...nearly always :P
    • Find someone with similar intentions whether that be a friend, a weight loss group or even on here. I definitely would have been lost without the support and the continued support on here and from friends.

I have been in your shoes so many times and will be in them many times to come but the important thing is keep at it.

You say you just want the weight off, it can come off but it does take time and patience is a virtue. Slow and steady wins the race.

I hope that helps! I am always afraid of sounding patronising in posts like these when really all the above are are little things I've heard from others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm off chocolate for lent! Not a religious thing more a self control. So instead of one chocolate after dinner I had a spoon of peanut butter and then after a shower a spoon of jam! All I want today is sugar and carbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Down 1.8lbs this morning. Didn't weigh myself last week so that loss is over two weeks. Pretty happy with that!

Took some measurements as well. Since January 7th I've lost 2.5 inches from my hips and 3.5 from my waist. Couldn't believe it! Explains why I had to buy a belt this week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

down about a pound, quite surprised about that with all the comfort eating i've been doing the last few weeks
    I guess even when I was eating terribly I was subconsciously keeping an eye on the calories day by day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I stayed the same this week and am happy with that as had dinner out and and ate lots on Tuesday!

Well done on all the losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Well done everyone on another healthy week!
    I also stayed the same this week, but happy enough, as Pancake day definitely had an impact. Plus I knocked three minutes off my 10K time today, so as far as I'm concerned, it's a pretty great day :D

I discovered that my Mum had the Hairy Dieters cookbook, so I've robbed it and I'm going to try out the tomato meatball recipe later with some courgette spagetti, will let you know if it works out :)

I'm attempting to go junk food free this Lent, with the sole exception of popcorn (I'm only human:o), so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Making the hairy dieters korma for dinner, very much looking forward to it.

Had a sh1te week, didn't get the job I was going for (not that they've rung me yet but two guys in my class got them) and I've just been in a totally bleugh mood, but I've kinda snapped out of it today :)

Off for a few drinks with friends I haven't seen in ages, home early and make my korma. Can't wait :)

Congrats to all the above on the great week's work! That's savage stuff!!!

@Lemon- I LOVE courgette pasta. Adore it. Really not arsed about the real stuff anymore now! Courgette is so much more tasty!

I had a couple of drinks last night but still stayed in cals. I'm very anxious about the whole alcohol thing and losing weight...I sometimes wonder just how bad it is?

I've a weekend away next week too which will be a meal and drinks out and I am nervous!

Oh! Made the Hairy Bikers' jalfrezi tonight! Fab! with cauliflower rice :D Didn't use actual chillis though, I stuck to my mild chilli powder. Put a LOT in though so it had a good aul kick to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I discovered that my Mum had the Hairy Dieters cookbook, so I've robbed it and I'm going to try out the tomato meatball recipe later with some courgette spagetti, will let you know if it works out :)

I would love to know how this turned out? I'm always looking for new recipes and when I saw you were having courgette spaghetti, I googled courgette. There's loads of amazing ways to have it. I've never tried it before so was wondering what it tastes like? Is it similar to cucumber?

I was reading a thread about wanting to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks and it got me thinking about something. If I was to eat low calorie for a few days i.e. salads, veg and lean meat, but I was also exercising rigorously, would I be more likely to plateau/gain rather than lose weight? I know its not a healthy solution but I was curious as this was a solution being offered. I want to more use it as a kick-start my weight loss as I have been stuck in a rut of losing and gaining the same few lbs.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I would love to know how this turned out? I'm always looking for new recipes and when I saw you were having courgette spaghetti, I googled courgette. There's loads of amazing ways to have it. I've never tried it before so was wondering what it tastes like? Is it similar to cucumber?

I was reading a thread about wanting to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks and it got me thinking about something. If I was to eat low calorie for a few days i.e. salads, veg and lean meat, but I was also exercising rigorously, would I be more likely to plateau/gain rather than lose weight? I know its not a healthy solution but I was curious as this was a solution being offered. I want to more use it as a kick-start my weight loss as I have been stuck in a rut of losing and gaining the same few lbs.

I peel my courgette with a veg peeler to make strips and then fry it in a pan! It's delicious!

I've read stuff about eating high calorie one day to spike the metabolism so there's loads of theories about getting weight loss started. The whole intermittent fasting thing is another example.

There is the theory that using more than your body is getting in will cause the metabolism to slow down so probably not a good idea to go low cal and exercise vigorously even if it is just for a few days.

I dunno, the way I look at it these days is start as you mean to go on. It may be slower, but at least you know you can maintain that sort of diet then for the future.

You could try low carbing it for a few days eabha and see does that kick start it? That way you won't be cutting calories so you're not running the risk of messing up your metabolism.

That's just my take on it now and you know yourself, there are a million theories on how to kickstart weight loss so I'm sure someone else may offer you an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I peel my courgette with a veg peeler to make strips and then fry it in a pan! It's delicious!

I've read stuff about eating high calorie one day to spike the metabolism so there's loads of theories about getting weight loss started. The whole intermittent fasting thing is another example.

There is the theory that using more than your body is getting in will cause the metabolism to slow down so probably not a good idea to go low cal and exercise vigorously even if it is just for a few days.

I dunno, the way I look at it these days is start as you mean to go on. It may be slower, but at least you know you can maintain that sort of diet then for the future.

You could try low carbing it for a few days eabha and see does that kick start it? That way you won't be cutting calories so you're not running the risk of messing up your metabolism.

That's just my take on it now and you know yourself, there are a million theories on how to kickstart weight loss so I'm sure someone else may offer you an alternative.

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll give the courgette a try!

It's more from a psychological view rather than metabolism that I want to do it. I had heard before about not eating enough with exercise so I wanted to see has anyone had any experience with it.

All my main meals are good but then evening comes and sugar cravings kick in and it all goes out the window. I think I'll take your advice and eat normally and exercise.

Hairy bikers korma - DELISH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I would love to know how this turned out?.
    Yep, I do mine the same way as doctorwhogirl, except I use a food processor to chop it up into little strips (I've nowhere near enough patience for using a veg peeler!) It worked out quite well - I'm new to the world of eating red meat, so I can't compare to other meatball recipes, but I was happy with how it turned out.

I know I really need to take some of my own advice, but seriously frustrated and annoyed this week with ANOTHER STS! :(

Just ticked off now because I just feel like I'm stuck again and I finally thought I had gotten into a good groove.

Clearly not.

I'd really appreciate if ye would have a look at my diet and see where I could make improvements. I've made huge changes to it in the past 5 or so months but maybe I'm missing something.

My first instinct is maybe I need to up calories again? My net calories after exercise can be around the 1000 mark so maybe I need to increase.

Scared of doing that though, especially because I have a weekend away next week.

HELP!

Here's my food diary, there's so much wisdom on here I'd love if someone can offer advice!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/doctorwhogirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm going to do this as if it was my diet and the things I wouldn't be happy with. I have to be very strict with myself, which isn't easy.

Quick Added Calories
    What is this?

Denny - Deli Style Traditional Ham 20 g
    I was looking for slices of ham a few days ago I was in three different supermarkets and the only one I found that didn't have a crap load of added bits was a supervalu brand one, it did have nitrite and was a treat(to go with savoury pancakes)

Heinz - Baked Beans
    Baked beans are full of crap(last I looked anyway) and have a good amount of sugar.

Sunny Farms - Large Grade A Egg - White Only
    The yolk is super healthy and should be eaten.

Asian Chicken Noodle Broth , 1 serving(s)
    be wary of this, pre packed or made yourself? Either way the noodles would be fairly crap, if they are rice noodles with an ok amount of ingredients that that would be fine as a something had once or twice a week.

ww scone, 1 serving(s)
    This is just pure crap and should be avoided.

Daim - Chocolate Coated Toffee Bar, 1 bar (28 g)
    Tesco - Peanut Butter 25% Less Fat (Correct), 20 g

Daim is pure crap too.
    I'd change the peanut butter for almond butter, peanut is a groitrogen and impairs the thyroid functioning

I wouldn't be gone on tesco brand vitamins

I would up the protein to 1g per 1lb of bodyweight up the fat a bit too, it's good for you including the saturated kind.
    I'd also up the calories by 200. Maybe even go higher on workout days if your doing loads.

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm going to do this as if it was my diet and the things I wouldn't be happy with. I have to be very strict with myself, which isn't easy.

Quick Added Calories
    What is this?

Denny - Deli Style Traditional Ham 20 g
    I was looking for slices of ham a few days ago I was in three different supermarkets and the only one I found that didn't have a crap load of added bits was a supervalu brand one, it did have nitrite and was a treat(to go with savoury pancakes)

Heinz - Baked Beans
    Baked beans are full of crap(last I looked anyway) and have a good amount of sugar.

Sunny Farms - Large Grade A Egg - White Only
    The yolk is super healthy and should be eaten.

Asian Chicken Noodle Broth , 1 serving(s)
    be wary of this, pre packed or made yourself? Either way the noodles would be fairly crap, if they are rice noodles with an ok amount of ingredients that that would be fine as a something had once or twice a week.

ww scone, 1 serving(s)
    This is just pure crap and should be avoided.

Tesco - Peanut Butter 25% Less Fat (Correct), 20 g

Daim is pure crap too.
    I'd change the peanut butter for almond butter, peanut is a groitrogen and impairs the thyroid functioning

I wouldn't be gone on tesco brand vitamins

I would up the protein to 1g per 1lb of bodyweight up the fat a bit too, it's good for you including the saturated kind.
    I'd also up the calories by 200. Maybe even go higher on workout days if your doing loads.

Thanks for that Orla, I should say, Saturday is my treat day, hence the Daim bar!

The scone I only have once or twice a week and while it says WW scone, it's homemade using natural yoghurt, one egg and some flour. It's just a recipe I got while at WW

The Asian Chicken Noodle broth is homemade using wholewheat noodles, chicken breast, chicken stock (low salt), soy sauce (low salt, pak choi, beansprouts, mushrooms, spring onion and carrot)

I actually make every dinner from scratch more or less. I save the recipe so I can use it again. The only tins I use are tins of veg like tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans etc... Everything else I buy and prepare fresh.

Not questioning your advice, it's bang on! Just clarifying!

Would you mind having a look over the other days and seeing if there's anything else catches your eye? Saturday is the day I ease up slightly. The other days would be a better indication of what I eat (Monday to Friday)

Thanks a million though.
    So an increase in cals definitely? This is the thing I find hard (a ghost from my years of weightwatchers and low cal I think)

I have upped from 1200 to about 1500 over the past few months so maybe I do need to up again

Thanks for that Orla, I should say, Saturday is my treat day, hence the Daim bar!

The scone I only have once or twice a week and while it says WW scone, it's homemade using natural yoghurt, one egg and some flour. It's just a recipe I got while at WW

The Asian Chicken Noodle broth is homemade using wholewheat noodles, chicken breast, chicken stock (low salt), soy sauce (low salt, pak choi, beansprouts, mushrooms, spring onion and carrot)

I actually make every dinner from scratch more or less. I save the recipe so I can use it again. The only tins I use are tins of veg like tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans etc... Everything else I buy and prepare fresh.

Not questioning your advice, it's bang on! Just clarifying!

Would you mind having a look over the other days and seeing if there's anything else catches your eye? Saturday is the day I ease up slightly. The other days would be a better indication of what I eat (Monday to Friday)

Thanks a million though.
    So an increase in cals definitely? This is the thing I find hard (a ghost from my years of weightwatchers and low cal I think)

I have upped from 1200 to about 1500 over the past few months so maybe I do need to up again

My treat day is a Saturday too.

The scone recipe looks good the one problem I'd have with it is the wheat, gluten can be a cause of thyroid problems (hashimoto thyroiditis, or something that's spelt like that) the gliadian in it can cause cravings. I don't remember seeing anyone that's given it up for a month and didn't feel better for it.

I love chicken noodle soup but again the wheat in the noodles would be a problems for me, also the stock I'd be iffy about, I normally make my own from a bone broth. Soy is also the worst thing to have with a thyroid problems so I avoid that, even though I do love it. Pak choi is also a goitrogen, so I don't have it too often, I have one if the fridge now.

I think preparing from fresh is the only way to go. It's a good diet but as I said I have to be really strict, and even then weight loss is very slow.

What weight are you? and how much do you workout? I'm about 65kg and I cannot eat 1500cal for long I just can't function, I get really cold, my focus go's, I get the whole brain fog, all I can do is sleep it's pretty awful I feel best at about 1800/1900 calories, my health seems to suffer if I go lower. I'd prefer to be a bit overweight and able to function rather than skinny and not knowing what I'm doing when I'm ment to be doing it.

I'll look at the rest of the days later but the cat is trying to sit on my chest so I think she wants some attention. It's making typing difficult.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would gluten free alternatives be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Also why not tesco brand vitamins.Just curious as I take them as well.

I think preparing from fresh is the only way to go. It's a good diet but as I said I have to be really strict, and even then weight loss is very slow.

What weight are you? and how much do you workout? I'm about 65kg and I cannot eat 1500cal for long I just can't function, I get really cold, my focus go's, I get the whole brain fog, all I can do is sleep it's pretty awful I feel best at about 1800/1900 calories, my health seems to suffer if I go lower. I'd prefer to be a bit overweight and able to function rather than skinny and not knowing what I'm doing when I'm ment to be doing it.

I'll look at the rest of the days later but the cat is trying to sit on my chest so I think she wants some attention. It's making typing difficult.

Ha! Don't worry, your cat is more important! :)

You're so good Orla, thanks a million.

I'm 5ft 4 and about 60.5kg I think at the minute? So I'm relatively short.

I workout 5 times a week. 3 times is weights with 10 minutes of jogging intervals for about an hour. Twice a week I have football training for about 70 mins which is mainly running etc...

To be honest I'd say I probably need to eat more, especially now with the football because I'm burning about 600cals in those sessions (Heart rate monitor)

Don't get me wrong, I know it's great to be maintaining the weight loss I have, I would just love for myself to hit that target again.

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would gluten free alternatives be better?
    If your on a calorie reduced diet there's so many other things you could have instead. Think of it this way there's loads less nutrients in the food we eat now than 100 years ago(I think it's even a shorter time frame than that) so on a calorie reduced diet why would you waste calories that doesn't give you a whole lot of the things you need, because with a reduced diet your not going to get all that you need anyway. I'd much prefer to fill up and see others fill them self up with more nutrient dense stuff, rather than bread, gluten free or other wise. GF stuff tends to have a long enough shelf life so it's probably stuff with all sorts of crap.
    And it's not a stupid question.
    Also why not tesco brand vitamins.Just curious as I take them as well.
    I haven't really looked at many of them but I saw some in somebodies house and had a look, the vitamins in them were low and then it had all sorts of fillers and stabilisers.
    Ha! Don't worry, your cat is more important! :)

You're so good Orla, thanks a million.

I'm 5ft 4 and about 60.5kg I think at the minute? So I'm relatively short.

I workout 5 times a week. 3 times is weights with 10 minutes of jogging intervals for about an hour. Twice a week I have football training for about 70 mins which is mainly running etc...

To be honest I'd say I probably need to eat more, especially now with the football because I'm burning about 600cals in those sessions (Heart rate monitor)

Don't get me wrong, I know it's great to be maintaining the weight loss I have, I would just love for myself to hit that target again.

Luckily for your I moved a little to get comfortable and the cat got annoyed with me and f-ed off to the bedroom.

If I was you I would up my calories to near maintenance for a week about 2000 go easy on the carbs, except for veg and don't go for the low fat stuff. Up the fat on the diet, but not from veg oil, don't be afraid of the fat it won't make up fat neither will eating at maintenance.

I looked at the week before because of pancake day and valentine's day it mightn't be a normal week. A few of the things I noticed were alot of low fat food, which can have dodgy ingredients. A lot of ryvita, I don't think the ingredients in these are great. 1250ml of miwadi a day? Extra lean mince there's nothing wrong with fat from a cow(or even horse) The green farm torn chicken, I think my brother gets this one the whole time and it's quite processed which isn't going to help. I'd be careful of the ingredients in the corncakes, I don't know if they're good or not. The salad creams are crap, I like making my own salad dressing, way nicer than alot of things you by too. it's mainly olive oil with a vinegar and a few things to give it more flavour.

Monday
    Tesco - 74% Cocoa Ivory Coast Plain Chocolate, 20 g
    Philadelphia - With Cadbury Chocolate, 20 g
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Tesco - 74% Cocoa Ivory Coast Plain Chocolate, 10 g
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Nestle - Milky Bar 26g Bar,
    Sunday
    Nestle - Kit Kat, 2 fingers (22.5g)
    Tesco - 74% Cocoa Ivory Coast Plain Chocolate, 10 g
    Philadelphia - With Cadbury Chocolate, 30 g

I can see a pattern here and it starts on saturday. There's a good amount of sugar in the diet and I think it's more than you realise, I haven't tried it but you could try the 21 day sugar detox Webpage Facebook

One other thing 'Mammy buns'?:D

If your on a calorie reduced diet there's so many other things you could have instead. Think of it this way there's loads less nutrients in the food we eat now than 100 years ago(I think it's even a shorter time frame than that) so on a calorie reduced diet why would you waste calories that doesn't give you a whole lot of the things you need, because with a reduced diet your not going to get all that you need anyway. I'd much prefer to fill up and see others fill them self up with more nutrient dense stuff, rather than bread, gluten free or other wise. GF stuff tends to have a long enough shelf life so it's probably stuff with all sorts of crap.
    And it's not a stupid question.

It's not so much for bread, I've already stopped eating bread and don't miss it. I've had the odd wrap when I'm stuck, but only a handful of times. This is over about 4 weeks now.

I do like pasta, and rice. I don't want to cut either of them out completely, I'd have pasta maybe once a week and rice maybe twice, so if there is an alternative to pasta I'd love to try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭chocolatechips

For years I've wanted to be that little bit slimmer, but laziness just got in my way. That's all changed though. :)

I'm 54kg (last time I checked, around two weeks ago maybe?) and 154.5cm tall. I think I'll be focusing on lowering my bf% more so than losing weight though, because I'm average weight now. Hoping to make decent progress over the duration of the boards summer challenge!

misslt wrote: »
    It's not so much for bread, I've already stopped eating bread and don't miss it. I've had the odd wrap when I'm stuck, but only a handful of times. This is over about 4 weeks now.

I do like pasta, and rice. I don't want to cut either of them out completely, I'd have pasta maybe once a week and rice maybe twice, so if there is an alternative to pasta I'd love to try it!

With the rice alot of people have cauliflower rice and with pasta courgette works, a few weeks ago I did a sautéed shredded cabbage which I thought would be nice with a pasta sauce.

The gluten free stuff is a bit better than the wheat stuff but besides calories it can have the wrong and mank texture.

Thanks Orla for taking the time to go through the food diary.

I agree about the sugar, I've an awful sweet tooth so the dark chocolate is a transition for me I suppose from more sugary things. I can see what you mean about the increase on Sunday and then tailing off during the week. I suppose that's the whole "ah it's the weekend" mentality!

The chicken I actually cook myself, I just use the values from that brand for handiness sake.

Miwadi, I drink about 2 litres of water and I put a tiny drop in it during the day so it's not 1250ml of pure miwadi :P But I agree, it's probably not the best. again it's a transitional thing from more sugary drinks.

I'm going to try and make small changes and see is there any difference. Mainly upping the cals and healthy fats. I usually have 1 egg and 1 egg white at breakfast so I might just have the two eggs. Also going to add in olive oil when cooking the dinner. I don't think I can eat more solid food, but little things like that might just up the cals enough to get things moving again!

Thanks a million again, I am happy at this wait but I'm stubborn as a mule and just want to see that number on the scales. Even though in my heart of hearts I know the scale is not the be all and all... just this morning it was!!! :P

And I also know that compared to my diet before on WW (even though I always give ww credit for getting 4.5 stone off me) the diet is way better bit obviously needs tweaking. Back in the day I was on about 75% carbs, 10% protein and 5% fats. Which I didn't know was even possible! :)

By the way, the chicken noodle broth was SAVAGE! Seriously. I'll take it over any chinese any day. Beautiful and I'm stuffed! And it came in at about 400 cals for a MASSIVE bowl. Massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

1lb up this week, unsurprising as I really took my eye off the ball. Lots of celebrating and no tracking, oh well :o

The good news is that my wedding dress arrived and it fits! I could use a little more breathing space in it but if I had to wear it tomorrow I could. At least if the rest of my weight loss takes a year or so I'm no longer under pressure :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Dolbert wrote: »
    1lb up this week, unsurprising as I really took my eye off the ball. Lots of celebrating and no tracking, oh well :o

The good news is that my wedding dress arrived and it fits! I could use a little more breathing space in it but if I had to wear it tomorrow I could. At least if the rest of my weight loss takes a year or so I'm no longer under pressure :)

Be careful, it could end up being too big! :)

You tend to lose a lot of weight in the weeks coming up to the wedding from stress. Someone told me this and I didn't believe them. Ended up dropping 7lb the two weeks beforehand from running around like crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Down 2 lbs.
    Started the gym 2 weeks ago - was fine for the first week and then I got sick so really slipped food and exercise wise.

If anyone has creative recipes PM me. I think that's where I fall down.. Oh can't think of anything to cook... Take away. I've been planning meals but some days I get stuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i just stick to the stir fry bible

chop random vegetables, throw in frying pan. add whatever random meat I have at hand, liberal amounts of black pepper, apple cider vinegar and whatever other sauces I have.. then nyom

currently eating some stir fried bell pepper, celery, courgette, red cabbage, red onion, mangeout, sugar snap peas and a pork chop. garnished with a buttload of tabasco sauce and pepper. it's delish

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Had a monster weight lifting session in the gym today, followed by a monster steak & spuds combo afterwards. Apparantly I lost 5 pounds in one week (just after weighing myself)... Is this some kind of foul trick that my body is playing on me, will it revert to type next week? Only time will tell!

If this evening's weigh in stands up, then I've just passed a personal mile stone - 20% of my body weight destroyed, eliminated, capitulated since August 2012!

Advertisement