Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook stalker catcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

My number 1 is a girl I don't know very well, rarely interact with and have never chatted to on facebook. #2 best friend who is my main reason for facebooking, we chat every day without fail and are all over each other's walls, #3 brother, #4, 5, 6: my children, #7 my partner who never uses facebook but hasn't gotten around to deleting his account.

It's a bit all over the place. Is it perhaps to do with very recent interactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My first one is a friend of mine who I haven't spoken to on chat for at least a year or two, definitely not the people I chat to the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

Quiet please. Ignorance is bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I couldn't have done mine right because the people who came up I'd never since in my life before and both were from America?:pac:
    Actually found the right numbers and it was just friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Could it be based on who is currently online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

hardCopy wrote: »
    Could it be based on who is currently online?

Wouldn't work for me. 3 of them are offline (not even mobile) and one of them is not in my top friends. Dunno what it is to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It doesn't work.

I couldn't find Jennifer Connelly anywhere on that list of those stalking me...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

This creep came up as the first result for me:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

I'm slightly scared now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Da fuq?! Who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Squarewave wrote: »

Feck I hate that weirdo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Having looked through a number of people in my list i can conclude that its bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

I copied all the numbers into a spread sheet and all the numbers pasted 64 times, funnily there was only 222 (about half friends list).... The Misses was Number 1 so happy enough with that.....cant ever remember been on chat with her so that's out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Squarewave wrote: »

She's hot....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

OMG I HAVE A FACEBOOK STALKER

Oh god, my facebook stalker, he's in the same room as me
    OMG ITS ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I would wager that the algorithm that picks out that list is no simple thing. It is likely a combination of all interactions across Facebook.

People you have been tagged in the same picture as is definitely one of the variables that effects it. There are people in my list that I have never interacted with through Facebook other than accepting the friendship request and being tagged in other peoples pictures with them.

Chatting with people, pm'ing people, liking statuses and commenting on statuses seem to be variables that effect it too. There are probably others.

I can't imagine who views your profile is factored into it at all because that has no bearing on deciding who you might like to chat with most. It wouldn't make any sense to make that a factor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Mine seems to be based on facebook interactions - all people I PM regularly, write on walls etc. One person in my top 10 who really doesn't belong there though - never chat to them or interact with them at all really. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

My top 10 are all closest friends I chat with every week and all in the correct order of most to least. Pleased with no.11 though, always thought there was a little something there and we virtually never chat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

My top 4 are all people I never interact with on FB (we're "work friends"). Number 5 is the person I would interact with the most. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

neaideabh wrote: »
    First person is a girl I never chat with! So, if anything... it is a stalker thing! YESSS!

If you are a single man, and the you like this chick, will you, for the sake of some good old fashioned boards entertainment, contact this girl and see where it leads.

If you would update us Feeky McGee style, and it works out, it would be a great Christmas thread for us all.

Happy hunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Marmit3

private messages and FB chat is the same mechanic and the people you interact with the most are the ones listed in this way. an easier way than looking through the source code of the page is to look at the "friends" gadget n your profile page. the people listed there are the ones youre talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

It is definitely not who checks your page most and it is also definitely not who you interact with most.

I don't know what it is but I can confirm the above by who my top people were. A chap I went to school with who I sent one message to when I added him, he replied, I never bothered getting back to him. The other person is my cousin who I have never contacted on Facebook. Just added him as a friend. I've never seen him posting anything.

Neither of these people are stalking me and we've only had limited or no interactions.

It's something to do with the chat list I read elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

First and second were who I expected (although the opposite way around), third I didnt expect to be so high as I havent talked to them in a few weeks. Fourth was who I expected in third, fifth was the same as third, while sixth I expected higher.

So out of six, four of them were (about) right and the others wouldnt have been far off.

Dont think it is based on chat though as I talk to 2 more than 1, 4 more than 3 and 6 more than 5 and 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dont think it is based on chat though as I talk to 2 more than 1, 4 more than 3 and 6 more than 5 and 3.

I have my chat window disabled and the code doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I think its a code put in for when you decide to delete your profile, facebook asks you "are you sure you want to quit, these people will miss you" so its the people you interact with most.

A girl was in my house asking me about this and she said " are you checking out my profile? you're fourth on my list of stalkers" i went bright red, i never checked her out, but i messaged her a few times , was tagged in a couple of photos and was checked into a few places with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It can't be chat or comments/photos exclusively. My number 5 died 18 months ago. Its a page I check regularly as people comment on it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

It doesn't work for me!! It can't find anything for "orderfriends" or "orderedfriends". Anybody else having the same problem?? I can only find order or ordered

How i8s this working for everybody except me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Same here. There's no orderedfriends when I search on my Timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have my chat turned off so don't see this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

i also cant find any "ordered friends" when I do this.

Advertisement