Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview and aerials

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi people just wondering if any one could help me?!? I'v got 2 tv's in my house one is digital ready and the other one isn't so I bought a new set top box for it!!! D only problem is dat I cannot connect the two so I bought an aerial booster thinkin this would help but any time I close d attic door d picture freezes on the both tvs?Any suggestions on how this could be fixed?!? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Maybe here might get you more replies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cathy2012 wrote: »
    Hi people just wondering if any one could help me?!? I'v got 2 tv's in my house one is digital ready and the other one isn't so I bought a new set top box for it!!! D only problem is dat I cannot connect the two so I bought an aerial booster thinkin this would help but any time I close d attic door d picture freezes on the both tvs?Any suggestions on how this could be fixed?!? Thanks

The attic door is probably blocking the signal from coming through.

Best option is to split the signal.

The wire coming from the aerial on the roof, buy a two way splitter and connect it to that wire. Then connect the previous wire back into the splitter.

Next you gotta run a new wire down to the TV that you are using the booster on, connect the new wire to the splitter also and hey presto!

Here's an example:

A8V4Q.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The way I did mine was outdoor aerial, masthead amplifier, and a 2 way power supply in the attic.

The the 2 way power supply powers the mashead amp (which is fitted on the aerial mast) through the co-axial cable from the power supply up to it , and the 2 way power supply also has 2 outputs to supply the aerial signal to 2 tv`s.

Advertisement