Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power-lifting Advice

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering how i match up to power lifters at my stats.. I'm 19Y/O, 5'9in height, stand at 72-73KG. Someone at my gym told me i would be good at power lifting. My gym experience has been at home up until 4 months ago.Here is a video of me lifting 180kg on squat. I realise i need to go deeper in this video(i will next time). I would like to compete if I'm good enough information would be greatly appreciated, thanks Dec.

http://www.facebook.com/v/169560059852404

(you might have to login; uploader didnt post on youtube soz)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Just wondering how i match up to power lifters at my stats.. I'm 19Y/O, 5'9in height, stand at 72-73KG. Someone at my gym told me i would be good at power lifting. My gym experience has been at home up until 4 months ago.Here is a video of me lifting 180kg on squat. I realise i need to go deeper in this video(i will next time). I would like to compete if I'm good enough information would be greatly appreciated, thanks Dec.

http://www.facebook.com/v/169560059852404

(you might have to login; uploader didnt post on youtube soz)
    Good squat for your weight if you can hit depth with it. There's no real point in wondering if you're good enough to compete, just sign up for a comp and go for it. Nobody really cares what anyone else does in competition, they're usually too wrapped up in their own lifting to worry about who is above or below them. The IDFPA single lifts are early next year, that might be a good starting point.

Advertisement