Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview in Oranmore

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone in Oranmore using Saorview could tell me what coverage is like and with what type of aerial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 U2sir

Coverage is very good from Maghera transmitter. 15 Element UHF broadband TV Aerial in the attic. Live very close to the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

A C/D band antenna is officially what's needed but it's a strong signal area so you'll probably get off with an indoor antenna. Works fine for me.

Enter your exact address into Saorview.ie to get an idea of where to point it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wanted to get my parents a TV for the kitchen for Christmas, but it'd only really be worth it if it'd work with an indoor - I may just buy an indoor and test it out on their main TV next time I'm over when they've stepped out and see what it's like. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have a read of the 'Indoor UHF Aerials' section on this page: http://www.techtir.ie/radio-tv/uhf-aerials

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darragh085

well I live a couple of mins away from oranmore and i have an indoor aerial for saorview and it works perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

darragh085 wrote: »
    well I live a couple of mins away from oranmore and i have an indoor aerial for saorview and it works perfect.

Dont think your getting your signal from Maghera using an indoor ariel. More likely you are picking up the signal from the Galway city relay transmitter based in Tonabrocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 U2sir

Dont think your getting your signal from Maghera using an indoor ariel. More likely you are picking up the signal from the Galway city relay transmitter based in Tonabrocky

As I said in my previous post - have a 15 element UHF aerial in my attic, pointed to Maghera, and my reception is fine. Never tried Tonabrocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I couldn't get anything on an indoor aerial in Oranmore

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I was living in Riverdale last year and got perfect recption for a little indoor aerial.

I did have perfect conditions, pointed at Maghara, sitting on the window sill with a fairly clear view.

Chsct out the neighbours and note what direction they are pointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

I tuned in a saorview box with rabbit ears in a house a couple of km from Oranmore. Not the best solution but it worked. I'm sure if you got a decent mains powered indoor ariel you wouldn't have any problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

OP - how did you get on ?
    I'm near the village in oranmore and wonder if I'll get away with an indoor aerial.

Advertisement