Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - January 5th 2013 - Exchange Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cobelcog once tried and failed miserably.

Then got plain chicken in Nandos.

I seem to recall it being:

Cobelcog: I can haz plainest chicken, plz?

Newtype: I can haz hottest chicken, plz?

Roogle: I can haz all teh chicken, plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I seem to recall it being:

Cobelcog: I can haz plainest chicken, plz?

Newtype: I can haz hottest chicken, plz?

Roogle: I can haz all teh chicken, plz?

Chopper: I can haz teh steak, plz?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If there's an apocalypse next week, will the DoC still be going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

deathrider wrote: »
    If there's an apocalypse next week, will the DoC still be going ahead?

If there dares to be an apocalypse it will be told to bugger off till at least march, i want my five days in the sun that i've paid for!

If there dares to be an apocalypse it will be told to bugger off till at least march, i want my five days in the sun that i've paid for!

The apocalyptic fires of hell will probably provide a better tan than five days in the sun.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    The apocalyptic fires of hell will probably provide a better tan than five days in the sun.

Hell doesn't have puffy-jacketed top-in-the-world Japanese SF players, slightly intimidating dreadlocked black UK players who don't appreciate you attempting to beat them up and steal their hat or shops who sell 70cl bottles of malibu for €7 and 1.5l bottles of desperados for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah i am sorry about the poll guys, it is a serious design flaw on Boards that the cant be edited, so my apologies!!!

Yo Aileen, so just to clarify, is it that AE, Marvel, MK9, and scramble mode SFxT are guaranteed, and we're voting on one other game?

Which is from a choice of:

Street Fighter X Tekken singles
    The King of Fighters XIII
    Soulcalibur V
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Dead or Alive 5
    Persona 4 – The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
    Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Hell doesn't have puffy-jacketed top-in-the-world Japanese SF players, slightly intimidating dreadlocked black UK players who don't appreciate you attempting to beat them up and steal their hat or shops who sell 70cl bottles of malibu for €7 and 1.5l bottles of desperados for €5.
    Or drunk aileens

Or grannies on buses.

Yo Aileen, so just to clarify, is it that AE, Marvel, MK9, and scramble mode SFxT are guaranteed, and we're voting on one other game?

Which is from a choice of:

Street Fighter X Tekken singles
    The King of Fighters XIII
    Soulcalibur V
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Dead or Alive 5
    Persona 4 – The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
    Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Is that correct?

Yes, other games can be sublitted for playing at the second, yet to be confirmed tourney. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What about 3s and ST?! aaaa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

To me, you have to include ST/3S in a DoC. It's just not DoC without either of those two.

I've put in my vote along with the other 2 for VF5FS :pac:. No effin community for this game (unless you actively search for games on VFDC which is a pain sometimes), just depressing because it's a really technical fighter but meh, SF will always dominate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah sorry.

I realised after a while that, considering how little time I put into fighters, I might as well keep brushing up my SF skills instead of learning VF since it has no community :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

In terms of what fighter should be added, I think all of 'em should just be on the poll for voting

Nutrient wrote: »
    In terms of what fighter should be added, I think all of 'em should just be on the poll for voting

Especially Killer Instinct. Make it happen, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Can we add Def Jam: Fight for New York somewhere too? I'd money match the **** out of anyone in that game.
    Also, Deathrider, ft5 KI €5. Let's see what you got, son.

On topic: What happens in the event of two games tying on the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Can we add Def Jam: Fight for New York somewhere too? I'd money match the **** out of anyone in that game.

On topic: What happens in the event of two games tying on the poll?
    Aileen has a nervous breakdown?

Yes, other games can be sublitted for playing at the second, yet to be confirmed tourney. :)

Whatever we decide we should do it quick, as people will have wasted their time voting on the current poll...
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    What about 3s and ST?! aaaa :pac:

I agree, but...
    To me, you have to include ST/3S in a DoC. It's just not DoC without either of those two.

Pretty sure there's been several DoCs without either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Sorry, just noticed this.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

We had ST at DoC3, best of 1 game.
    We had 3S at DoC5, and that ran as normal.
    Out of the 5 I ran, only 2 of them counted? Ah meanie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Most of the games on that poll shouldn't even be considered imo.

bush wrote: »
    Most of the games on that poll shouldn't even be considered imo.

I agree with this. Of the games listed, only SFxT and TTT2 will get enough entrants for a decent tournie.

I'd say just pick between those two and run either ST or HF too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was fine with just abstaining from voting since none of the games in the poll interest me.

Side-game wise, (In order of preference) if HDR, ST or 3S were selectable, I'd throw any of them a vote.

If you're ever looking for another silly free-for-all game Aileen, Smash Bros Melee is very silly indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Id drop sfxt scramble mode too, even smash bros like uberprinny says would be better

I'd actually go ST side fun game and SFxT as super srs main game to keep poor Gus happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

4.Mortal Kombat 9 (cause we love you guys for always turning up for tourneys!)

if you build it, we will kome lol

thanks for putting mk in straight away :D
    deathriders has let most of the lads outside dublin know and ill let the rest know.
    ill go make a thread on TYM in a bit.

just to throw it out there since people talking about maybe what stuff to add,that playstation all stars is loads of fun..rape monkeys yo :pac:

PS. if your reading this thread and have never come out to a tourny before,do make the effort to come out,you wont regret it. it be great to see some more new players there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

PS. if your reading this thread and have never come out to a tourny before,do make the effort to come out,you wont regret it. it be great to see some more new players there :)

Yea, c'mon online scrubs, feed the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

just to throw it out there since people talking about maybe what stuff to add,that playstation all stars is loads of fun..rape monkeys yo :pac:
    This!

Kuro Tao wrote: »

You bring the Snes, I'll bring the PAIN! :P

• Advertisement

Right lads, because of the complaints about the poll i'm making a new thread with ST and 3S included, but i stress i am only running one more game! On the point of a side tourney, I personally kick ass with Kirby in Smash Bros, but i'm not bringing in my Wii and gamecube controllers just for that, SFxT is imo the silliest game that we're easily able to organise. Anyway, head over to the other thread to vote!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement