Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands range

Options
  • 05-12-2012 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Hi Just a quick question for any members of the midlands that might know.
    What is the largest rifle caliber the range is authorized to shoot. :)
    Thanks
    Sam

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Up to .50cal afaik.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Has anyone there got a .50cal rifle of any kind?

tac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Never seen one. There have been .338, 45-70, and other such calibers, but nothing that would "Hit the limit" of the range.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

There are seemingly plenty of heavy game rifles about , .375's .416's etc , but never heard of a .50bmg licenced here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Mr Ezridax - thank you for that information. Here in UK we have only a handful of [very far apart] ranges where the UK 50cal Shooters Association can play with their toys. It still manages to be the second largest such bunch outside the USA, though.

Here the only justification you need for ownership is being a member of the association and in having access to the ranges where they can be safely fired.

...and lots of money, of course. ;=)

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have heard of a .500 NE double here, but that's the only .50 cal I've heard of licensed here. There are definitely a few .375s and .416s about though, and at least one .458 Lott too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have also seen a 470 NE:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Aye, not seen many of these down at the range though. I know of a .375 used there, .338 and so on, but about the biggest you see regularly are .300 mags.

Advertisement