Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

multi fuel stove

• 05-12-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am looking to a solid fuel stove to heat hot water and rads so question is what size stove would i need to heat 14 rads and an old copper cyclinder,
    plus can i install the stove in a unvented system,
    any idea thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

ltz400 wrote: »
    I am looking to a solid fuel stove to heat hot water and rads so question is what size stove would i need to heat 14 rads and an old copper cyclinder,
    plus can i install the stove in a unvented system,
    any idea thanks

I have a Wamsler 1100 Series Central Heating Cooker, installed about thirty years ago and it provides all of the heating for the house as well as domestic hot water.

It has fourteen radiators (three of them small, located in wardrobes) and I burn mostly peat, with a small amount of coal around Christmas and occasionally some logs. It can be loaded from the front or from the top and has two hotplates on top as well as a good sized oven. I have replaced the boiler several times as it corrodes from the outside where the steel is in contact with the ash. The last time that the boiler went I got it repaired by getting a section of heavier metal welded into the area where the damage occurs and that was about 18 years ago. The stove is now just about burned out and I will soon be ordering a new one of the same make.

The Wamsler 1100 Series has the following specifications:
    Maximum heat outputs: wood 25kW; coal/smokeless fuel - 21kW; to water - 18kW

You can also get a smaller Wamsler 900 Series with the following spec: Maximum heat outputs: wood - 18kW; coal/smokeless fuels - 16kW; to water - 14kW

Of course, the heat that you get out is in proportion to the amount and quality of fuel you burn so if you want heat you need a good fire. My heating system is vented but I could not advise on the technical issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭jimjimt

You would need to make a list of all your rads and sizes. Note single and doubles. Bring it to the stove shop and ask for a stove to heat them please.

Most likely you will be going for 20+ kw stove if not a 30 kw but you also have to balance the heat in the room where the stove is going to be installed.

Loads of stove options to choose from all good makes and brands. The last three I fitted were a Henely, Boru and Stanley one as good as the other.

The Boru is actually made in ireland so worth a consideration,

http://borustoves.ie/carraig-mor-30-kw/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ltz400

i was looking at a blackwater furnace 30kw boiler stove has any install 1 and what is the quality of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

plus can i install the stove in a unvented system

No. It must be on a vented system. You will have to change your system to vented.

shane thats a bit of luck the system is vented but was think would it be better is it was unvented but if i cnat do that what the hell lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

shane thats a bit of luck the system is vented but was think would it be better is it was unvented but if i cnat do that what the hell lol

But in your other thread your system is pressurised! You have a filling valve showing 1 bar pressure!:confused:

ah sorry shane the stove is for my girlfriends house ie vented system and the cyclinder talk is for my home house hope this clears things up

finaly got all info so am going with a hunter 80b solid fuel stove

Advertisement