Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social welfare help a joke

• 05-12-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi all just looking for help or something im on social welfare and i only found out lately that i could apply for a fridge if my was not working so i did to my local office. she told me to get an estimate and fill out a yellow form did all that rang after a week to see what the story was they said id have to wait till they sent out an engineer to look at a fridge i havent got. my only fridge is a saucepan of cold water with milk in it. engineer came out seen the saucepan of water said there should be no prob getting one.i rang back today after another week and explained the engineer was out saw i had a saucepan of water for a fridge she turned around and said to me that it was a waste of time applying for the fridge as i had to show the engineer the fridge that was broke its hard to show anyone something you dont have can anyone help me sorry bout it been so long thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are you renting? If you are your landlord is not providing basic requirements as outlined by law as you've no fridge? That's where you need to deal with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

if the CWO cannot see a broken fridge, then how does he/she know you didnt sell a perfectly good fridge, pocket the readies, and then present yourself in front of her looking for a new one???

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jtims

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    if the CWO cannot see a broken fridge, then how does he/she know you didnt sell a perfectly good fridge, pocket the readies, and then present yourself in front of her looking for a new one???

see your piont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Are you renting or a home owner?

If you are renting this is for the landlord to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jtims

no own house

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭beaner88

I don't see what the problem is. You can pick up a decent fridge for 50-60 quid if you look around. Bit of a waste getting an engineer all the way out to your house.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/kitchenappliances/3951747

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

You have your OWN HOUSE and no fridge.
    Seriously like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That was a rubbish joke!

Misleading thread title :(

But seriously, you would be better approaching from the angle of, "I don't have a fridge and am not renting..."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement