Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most important mineral to improve blooming

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

which is the most important mineral to improve the size and length of blooms phosphorous or potassium?
    I have bought sulphate of potash (I couldnt find any phosphorous rich fertilisers) will that be enough to help the formation of strong long lasting blooms come febuary?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

which is the most important mineral to improve the size and length of blooms phosphorous or potassium?
    I have bought sulphate of potash (I couldnt find any phosphorous rich fertilisers) will that be enough to help the formation of strong long lasting blooms come febuary?

Im pretty sure it's potassium but I wouldn't bother with bulbs if that's what your at. They have all the food source stored in the bulb what you need to do is let them do their thing and not cut back the leaves when they have finished flowering as this is their food for next year. What I did see on a program was an organic general fertiliser sprinkled around daffodils leaves after flowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Phosphorus for strong root development
    Potassium for flowers and fruit.

Advertisement