Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to AdWords?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am wondering what alternatives there are to AdWords for both small and large websites?

What are your experiences with the alternatives?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

No experience, sorry. Google has ~90% market share within the search engines: Bing Ads etc wouldn't be cost effective for SMEs in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Microsoft's advertising platform might be more cost-effective

You should also look at Facebook ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Blacknight wrote: »

You should also look at Facebook ads.

Defo. Depending on your audience, FB ads could be perfect. There are also Linkedin ads, but I have not much experience of these.

You could also just try setting up a content/display campaign on Google. The RoI wouldn't be as good as a search campaign, but would be cheaper, and offer some exposure. Again, depending on what you are pushing in your message.

My experience of Microsoft PPC wasn't the best, as far as traffic went...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jessi_Evans

No experience, sorry. Google has ~90% market share within the search engines: Bing Ads etc wouldn't be cost effective for SMEs in my opinion.

Google is less than 30% of the internet, there are tons of ppc ad networks out there, there are PPV (pay per view), PPT (per per text, second tier search engines, mobile networks domain feed networks and the list goes on and on and on. Of course you would need to invest a little bit of money to test and stick what works.

here are just some you can have a look at:

1. Facebook Ads – self serve ads on facebook
    2. POF Ads – self serve ads on PlentyOfFish
    3. Advertise Space – Direct display buys on small-ish inventory
    4. Platform-A – aol banner ad/media buy network
    5. Pulse360 – ads on good high traffic inventory
    7. Clicksor – banners/text ads/pop unders
    8. Adbrite – display/contextual ads
    9. TrafficTaxi.net – self serve banners/display/popunders – global
    10. BuySellAds – self serve banners on a range of design blogs
    11. Adroll – self serve banners/site targeting
    12. Isocket – banner/display ads