Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test waiting times

• 05-12-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Do any of you know what are the test waiting times or is there such a thing as there is for the car? Talking about the Dublin test centers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Do any of you know what are the test waiting times or is there such a thing as there is for the car? Talking about the Dublin test centers.

Thanks.

You mean a test like the NCT? There is no such test for a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Talk about vague......do you mean for sitting a full test (licence) or getting a bike NCT'd so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Lets assume he is talking about the Driving Test, i waited a 6 weeks for the last one, that was in Tallaght. They said it was pretty busy due to the new license changes.

I was waiting only 3 weeks for my test in Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

IIRC they use the same testers as cars, but they do bikes in batches. So if you book for a test and no else does you can be waiting ages, if loads of people book at the same time you can be tested in a matter of weeks.

I'd assume the Dublin centres would be busy with people trying to beat the A1-A2-A licences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Thanks guys, sorry I forgot the mention it was the full licence test I was asking about, I know there is no NCT test for bikes.

Wanted to book mine but I don't want to end up getting the test during the winter weather. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

They usually stop bike tests during Dec/Jan because of the weather anyway. With the changes coming in, I don't know if they'll do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

They haven't. I have my test on December 19th. Hope the weather will be OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i cant take mine till my 6mth wait is up in feb, if i apply now will they give me a date after my 6mth wait? or do i wait till after jan1st when i'll change my LP to the new unrestricted one?

The new legislation will come in on January 19th so I would wait until early January to apply for the test just in case. It seems a lot of people out there are doing just that. I seem to be the exception. Even if I was not restricted for the2 years I would not move up anyway.

• Advertisement

If you have not taken the test or have applied for the test, the best thing to do is cancel it (within a set amount of time no penalty) its much more straight forward under the new legislation regarding the 2 yr restriction to do it after Jan 19th.

Under the new legislation there is no restriction for an A LP provided you are the age. So you get direct access. I think it should be more progressive.

Xaime wrote: »
    Under the new legislation there is no restriction for an A LP provided you are the age. So you get direct access. I think it should be more progressive.

so i wont have to exchange my learner permit then?

Not if you apply for the A2 categoy test (25kw to 35kw) (this would be my preferred option). If you want to apply for the A test (over 35KW) then you have to apply for a new A LP. Bear in mind that you will have to do the test on a bike over 35 KW. As I said, with his new system there is no progression whatsoever provided you are 24 y.o. Hope this helps

well i want to go the direct access route so i guess ill be in the licence office on the 20th! its a bloody mess this licence crap

Ok, I am fighting the elements in December:D

Advertisement