Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defrost 4 bird roast or not?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm having dinner for the inlaws Saturday night and was thinking of doing the Aldi 4 bird roast and maybe a roast duck. Both of these are bought frozen in Aldi. Anyone know if these are cooked from frozen or need to be defrosted? I'll have to shop on Friday night instead of Saturday if they need to be defrosted.. And I really want to put up the Xmas tree instead of shopping on Friday evening!!
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

They need to be defrosted.

They can be purchased on Thursday and left to defrost in the fridge.
    Up to 3 or 4 days in the fridge will be ok prior to cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Thanks for the quick reply Moceri. I'll do the shopping Thursday evening instead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

In case anyone is interested, the 4 bird roast from Aldi was really good. Everyone loved it. I didn't use the glaze that came with it cos we had a glazed ham too. Will definitely buy again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I cooked one of these last night and was actually very happy with how it came out, very tasty and moist & juicy.

also as an FYI for anyone thinking of getting one, it CAN (and should) actually be cooked from frozen (it's written on the back of the box recommended to be cooked from frozen), you just need to add an extra 30 minutes to the cooking time versus the defrosted cooking times, so 3 hours instead of 2.5 hours at 200 degrees C in a fan assisted oven.

it came out very nice anyway, i just cooked it through and then covered it in the glaze at the end and whacked it back under the grill for a few minutes and it was lovely. :)

Advertisement