Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secure watch hkc

Options
  • 05-12-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone hope ye can help me,My home alarm goes off at night if i turn on a light switch in the hallway or bathroom ,Had a Electrician check it out and he put the alarm on its own supply, did not work . sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a faulty detector on your system. Get someone out that knows what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sean buckley

thanks fred ,will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Do you have a PIR ( motion detector) in the hallway or bathroom ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sean buckley

no only sensors on doors and windows

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its defiantly a faulty sensor or contact. If it were a PiR it would always have caught him. A good engineer will check the resistance & find this easily.
    If you want to have a go yourself see post 9 in this thread for the best way to check a zone for faults.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655452

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi everyone hope ye can help me,My home alarm goes off at night if i turn on a light switch in the hallway or bathroom ,Had a Electrician check it out and he put the alarm on its own supply, did not work . sean

Most cases turn out to have a faulty device or two. It will need to be check by a registered installer.

Advertisement