Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Sharing

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭

HI all,
    I was wondering if someone can help me. I currently have UPC broadband with 3 seperate laptops. 2 are XP 1 is Snow Leopard. Is there any way I can create a shared drive amongst all of them? Im transferring to HDD then connecting up and vice versa. Its fairly time consuming. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

As long as you format the shared drive in a format which can be read and written to by both operating systems then it should be no problem.

I have drives shared between Microsoft systems and Linux systems but Linux supports ntfs which I don't think Apple does.

If apple supports fat32 then you could use fat32 but there are file size limitations on fat32.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Should be no issues - Create a share drive on one system and allow acess to the other users!

Advertisement