Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Sterling Cheque

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've a sterling cheque for £1,500 that I want to lodge to my BOI a/c. How do I do this? Do I go to the foreign exchange desk? What charges apply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Kate5,

Thanks for your query. Some of our branches may have a Foreign Exchange cashier you can use. However, branches without this will help you with the lodgement at any cashier. We've answered a similar query about lodging foreign cheques in another thread which might help you:
    They may need to be sent to the issuing bank for cheque clearing, which can take a minimum of 4 weeks and sometimes more. You'll be advised of this and any charges at the branch when you lodge the cheque. You can use our branch locator to find your nearest branch and its opening hours by clicking here.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement