Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Galaxy Note 10.1" for €380 in Argos, €330 after cashback

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

There was one in Tralee and two in Killarney about 20 mins ago and one left just before I posted it, sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

If anyone has a code that they are not using for Longford/Athlone would appreciate it!!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ciarancummins7

Carlow reservation might be available for someone later. first pm get's first preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

You can currently get a Note 10.1 on amazon.co.uk for £317 with free delivery, so with the £50 cashback on top of it it the deal works out at around €330. :-)

yes, but I am concerned about samsung 50 (£/€) cashback (any thoughts/previous experience?) and also that initial bring it back if it is broken. going to go down amazon route if argos fail me today.

yes, but I am concerned about samsung 50 (£/€) cashback (any thoughts/previous experience?) and also that initial bring it back if it is broken. going to go down amazon route if argos fail me today.

Samsung states in it's terms and conditions that the cashback offer works both for Ireland and the UK. I think you might be getting €60 cashback as opposed to £50.

Amazon seem pretty decent when it comes to hardware faults, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Amazon rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

the cashback is €50 and is claimed after 15 days.....don't know why it's 15 days before you claim it.

markad1 wrote: »
    the cashback is €50 and is claimed after 15 days.....don't know why it's 15 days before you claim it.

Security policy against the fraud, so that a fraudster can't claim cashback and return the item within 14 days return policy that you get with most shops ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Sligo has one 7" silver

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

I got one on Amazon on behalf of my sis in law. How do I/she go about getting the cashback?

Thanks...

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    I got one on Amazon on behalf of my sis in law. How do I/she go about getting the cashback?

Thanks...

https://samsungbacktocollege.com/pages/holding

Thank you.

No worries, Qwerty Dub. Just don't apply until 15 days after your purchase, or else your cashback will be refused.

ActionHank wrote: »
    No worries, Qwerty Dub. Just don't apply until 15 days after your purchase, or else your cashback will be refused.

Cheers for the heads up.

How is the money refunded if i purchased on Amazon?

Refund to card?

• Advertisement

Cheers for the heads up.

How is the money refunded if i purchased on Amazon?

Refund to card?

Yep, as far as i know.

see this site for cashback, it says it is a BACS back transfer:

www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

1 available in Galway now. Carlow reservation is available to anyone who PM's me. Don't want to just post it in case multiple people go to get it!
    my link and previous one about cashback lead to same details I think.

carlow reservation 192029 until 21:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Never mind

• Advertisement

See the price is gone up to €455. I pre ordered 1 and never got the reservation number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

more like ~ €418 (different VAT rate applied at checkout)

cyburger wrote: »

more like ~ €418 (different VAT rate applied at checkout)

€405.06 including postage from Amazon

€405.06 including postage from Amazon

Am i doin' it wrong?

6sAQH.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Could someone explain how much of a difference there is between the 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Note and the 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4567&idPhone2=4573

The main differences are CPU, GPU, ram, Note has S-Pen included

If you ship to UK would you then pay UK VAT?
    I assume parcelmotel would work in this case.

Xcellor wrote: »
    If you ship to UK would you then pay UK VAT?
    I assume parcelmotel would work in this case.

Yeah, this is true...

Parcel motel only covers items to a value of €50 I think (open to correction), but I'm not sure how relevant that is as I've no idea if the Amazon super saver shipping has any cover :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have a reservation for the €380 price for a Galaxy Note 10.1 White in Argos Liffey Valley (no idea if reserving it reserves the price aswell) if anyone wants it, expires at close of business tomorrow. First person to post that they want it in this thread gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Quaderno

cyburger wrote: »
    Am i doin' it wrong?

Don't use the currency converter. Always pay in sterling and let the credit card do the conversion. You will get a significantly better rate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Thargor wrote: »
    I have a reservation for the €380 price for a Galaxy Note 10.1 White in Argos Liffey Valley (no idea if reserving it reserves the price aswell) if anyone wants it, expires at close of business tomorrow. First person to post that they want it in this thread gets it.

Me Please, can I have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

This is one bargain I'm delighted with seeing as it is now €455. it will havecost me €280 with my voucher and cashback in the end. Also got a €10 Giftcard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

loremolis wrote: »
    Me Please, can I have it?
    PM sent.

I used the currency converter and got it delivered to Parcel Motel (Antrim-UK) and it worked out at €405.06. Thats what it has on my Visa statement anyway. Obviously €3.50 for Parcel Motel but the Amazon transaction was €405.06 in total.

Don't forget to claim your €50 back

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

you need you bank account details handy ie IBAN and BIC numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My jellybean update came down yesterday, as fast as this was with ICS (seemed perfect) I actually can see a difference with JB. The window resizing and 16 app multitasking is a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Saruman wrote: »
    My jellybean update came down yesterday, as fast as this was with ICS (seemed perfect) I actually can see a difference with JB. The window resizing and 16 app multitasking is a nice touch.
    One thing I really like is the bottom bar disappearing when watching videos, used to do my head but much better screen coverage now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Here's a video showing all the new features with JB. Some you might not have known about! There is also a quick review on the channel if you don't have time for the in-depth one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement