Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to find decent male hoodies

• 05-12-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I am looking to buy my bf one.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I've been on the look out for some over the last few weeks and these shops stock lovely ones:

Marks and Spencer (I know, hard to believe),
    Top Shop,
    New Look and
    River Island

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

American Apparel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

thehut.com has some great value hoodies - got some for my brothers for xmas on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Topshop ones are very good quality. Have bought himself one or two out of there quite a while ago and they're still good as new. His New Look one (although nearly 2 years old at this point) is washed up and out - i.e. it's gotten out of shape (shorter but baggier).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Any links for Topshop good ones? I'd have to buy online as theres no topshop near here so links would be a great help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Without a doubt Superdry. I bought my bf one 3 years ago and he has worn it to death and its still good as new. I usually just pick them up now in penneys or the likes of ripstop which are also good quality but nothing compared to superdry. They are expensive though but well worth the money if he gets wear out of them. My bf would be a fairly casual dresser so hoodies are a main stable for him! Trying to scrape up a few pound to get him a new superdry for xmas as I have nearly all his shopping done but would rather spend the 100e or so on a good one than 50e on one thats only gonna last a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I always buy abercrombie ones from Ebay.

Decent value, lots of selection.

very very comfy.

Just go with a respected seller.

Eek, not really his style! Anywhere do similar quality but plainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Asos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

If you want something plain, simple, decent quality and great value, then I always think you can never go wrong with H&M. That's goes for hoodies too.

A few people have mentioned Topman. While it's true they stock a fair collection of hoodies, you'll pay almost twice the price for one compare with H&M and the quality, in my opinion, is actually slightly inferior.

I have gotten a couple of nice hoodies in the Quiksilver shop in st. Stephens Green. Good quality and comfortable, but not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

compsys wrote: »
    If you want something plain, simple, decent quality and great value, then I always think you can never go wrong with H&M. That's goes for hoodies too.

A few people have mentioned Topman. While it's true they stock a fair collection of hoodies, you'll pay almost twice the price for one compare with H&M and the quality, in my opinion, is actually slightly inferior.

Totally agree. I've had some H&M hoodies for years, so comfortable and good value too. They usually have nice plain coloured ones for about 20 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

H&M or Pull&Bear great value and great quality.

American Apparel would be twice the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I've found H&M have gone downhill in quality somewhat in the last few years (although, I would say the same about Topshop and most high street stores too!) and always found their sizing frustrating.

If you're looking for something nice, understated and well made I'd recommend spending an hour in your local TK Maxx. Otherwise, it's hard to beat M&S for understated elegance imho.

Advertisement