Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA admin fee

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I changed cars, Axa charged me 75eur today amin fee. Im shocked and MAD!!! Is this legal and are there any insurance companies in Ireland that dont charge admin fee? Im a customer with AXA approx 5yrs with no claim bonus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

double d wrote: »
    I changed cars, Axa charged me 75eur today amin fee. Im shocked and MAD!!! Is this legal and are there any insurance companies in Ireland that dont charge admin fee? Im a customer with AXA approx 5yrs with no claim bonus.

I'd be telling them to get stuffed and take my business elsewhere:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 double d

Its totally criminal!! I think they can charge you for leaving your agreed contract. Are there any insurance companies which dont have admin charges? Axa informed me today that all the companies charge. Im hopping mad!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Most if not all will charge something, how much can vary and on what they charge it for.

75 seems crazy alright, are you sure that was all admin fee or was there some increase in liability also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Some companies charge admin fee's for everything,particularly 123.ie. ...
    123.ie is a broker, a piss poor one based on my experiences with them, but a broker none the less.

and maybe ye all need to read the terms of business documents when you take on an insurance policy either directly or through a broker; the all have admin charges which they list in their terms of business document which they are obliged to supply.

No they informed me it was total admin charge. If I wasnt a customer and just walked in off the street to open an account he said there would be no admin charge. I suggested treating my arrival as a new client, ' the computer wouldn't allow that'!!
    New and present clients are treated different. Theres discrimination for ye!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shock horror, business offers incentive for new customers.

In other news..

As advised, check the T&C's before signing in future to avoid nasty shocks.

Also, please don't drag up threads from 18 months ago - posts split.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

mathepac wrote: »
    123.ie is a broker, a piss poor one based on my experiences with them, but a broker none the less.

and maybe ye all need to read the terms of business documents when you take on an insurance policy either directly or through a broker; the all have admin charges which they list in their terms of business document which they are obliged to supply.

123.ie is not a broker but wholly owned by RSA. They're like the ryanair of insurance. Cheap prices but extras cost. `

231481.jpg

https://www.123.ie/compliance/TOB0002.pdf

cookie1977 wrote: »
    123.ie is not a broker ...
    123.ie is a tied agent / broker of RSA Insurances whose insurance products 123.ie sell. "We arrange products with the following providers: RSA Insurance Ireland Limited" from their own web-site

Broker / tied broker / sales office. 123.ie is not an insurance company, but what ever they do I won't do business with them again, as in my personal first-hand experience they proved themselves repeatedly to be incompetent, disorganised, and overall useless. I still have all the emails to stand over my assertions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

mathepac wrote: »
    123.ie is a tied broker of RSA Insurances whose insurance products 123.ie sell. "We arrange products with the following providers: RSA Insurance Ireland Limited" from their own web-site

Broker / tied broker / sales office. 123.ie is not an insurance company, but what ever they do I won't do business with them again, as in my personal first-hand experience they proved themselves repeatedly to be incompetent, disorganised, and overall useless. I still have all the emails to stand over my assertions.

A tied broker and a broker are two very different things

cookie1977 wrote: »
    A tied broker and a broker are two very different things
    It doesn't make them not a broker and being a tied broker / tied agent doesn't make 123.ie an insurance company.

Lots of brokerage firms around the country sell their own brand policies, put together for them by an insurance company e.f. AonInsure sell RSA IIRC under the AonInsure brand just like 123.ie, the brokers owned by RSA.

Broker / insurer / tied agent, 123.ie are rubbish, based on my experience.

• Advertisement

I was told by guy in Axa that the charge was for admin fee. Contacted Axa head office. They said only 40eur was admin fee and the rest was because my jeep in an export. They agreed to drop the admin fee of 40eur. Every little helps! Axa employee should have all his info correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

This year i bought a bigger, more powerful car- i had to pay €100 to switch the insurance over to the new car, fair enough, i fully expected to be charged more.

Otherwise we could all insure ourselves on Suzuki Swifts and then swop the cover onto a BMW X5.

Any change to your policy eg address, car, penalty points etc can affect the costs as your making a material change in your contract with the company, they might see the risk being increased as per their underwriting criteria.

On the plus side i previously received a refund when i swopped down from a bigger car to a smaller car, so it works both ways!

Advertisement