Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

I purchased a new camera November 30th, my debit card was debited immediately and I received the camera on December 1st (No problem so far)

Today Pixmania credited the full purchase price back onto my debit card.
    Last year I also purchased a camera on the site and it took over a month for them to debit the card!

I know pixmania have an awful customer service/billing reputation but has anyone heard of this happening before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Weird, nope I've bought loads from pixmania and never had either of those things happen. Surely though they can't take the money back now though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Weird, nope I've bought loads from pixmania and never had either of those things happen. Surely though they can't take the money back now though right?

The debit/credit transactions are not appearing on my statment but I am 100% that the money left my account as soon as I confirmed the order last Friday. I checked the balance/available balance in my account after the transaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

kuro2k wrote: »
    The debit/credit transactions are not appearing on my statment but I am 100% that the money left my account as soon as I confirmed the order last Friday. I checked the balance/available balance in my account after the transaction

If they charged your account, and subsequently credited it, both transactions would be recorded on your account by your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

If they charged your account, and subsequently credited it, both transactions would be recorded on your account by your bank.

Yea I know it should but it isn't..... I've had a zero balance/available balance in the account post purchase up until this morning

650 EUR just reappeared and I check my accounts on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Millser

The same thing just happened to me. The debit transaction was there on friday when i did it as i exported it to excel but today the money is back in my account and the transaction is gone from the online banking record. The laptop is being delivered today so did they come back and take the money out of your account at a later day or did you get away with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,083 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've had this happen with other stores, not them, before. Only explanation BOI could give me was that they'd taken a pre-auth and were faffing around with converting it to a proper charge, but that doesn't seem that likely. BOI 365's display of credit card transactions and balances is extremely poor anyway, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Millser

Did you have to pay the full amount in the end? I've already received the order and if I was to transfer the money out of my account now the payment would be declined. That would leave them having to chase me down for the money which I dont imagine too many companies would bother with considering its not a large amount. Just curious how it ended up for everyone else

Advertisement