Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course change within UL

• 05-12-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi! I'm currently in second year doing Arts Joint Honours. While it was okay last year I'm really starting to dislike it this year. The airiness of arts is starting to annoy me.

I'd really like to switch courses into Industrial Biochem or Science choice.

How would you go about this and does it affect your maintenance grant negatively?

I would possibly move to NUIG if it would help with the Maintenance grant staying the same, but I really do love UL and don't want to move colleges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hi! I'm currently in second year doing Arts Joint Honours. While it was okay last year I'm really starting to dislike it this year. The airiness of arts is starting to annoy me.

I'd really like to switch courses into Industrial Biochem or Science choice.

How would you go about this and does it affect your maintenance grant negatively?

I would possibly move to NUIG if it would help with the Maintenance grant staying the same, but I really do love UL and don't want to move colleges.

If you change you'll be going back into first year. You can only get the grant and fee paid once. That is the first two years in the new course you will have to pay full fees (€7,500) with no grant. For the third and forth year you will get your fees paid for like now and receive the grant. This doesn't change if you change university.

Advertisement