Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me a PC???

Options
  • 05-12-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am on the look out for a new PC - I have an aging iMac and will be replacing in Feb next year. I was looking to move back into the Windows OS and as such need help in he machine for me.

I do not want a base unit - really looking for somthing like the iMac that sits on the desk with the internals housed in the monitor

Its not a games machine: no mega specs needed.

Mostly surfing the web, light Photo resizing so will use GIMP for that

Would consider windows 8 or 7

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

New iMacs are beautiful,don't go back to the dark side of multiple viruses and frequent dropouts,it's worth the little extra,even looks nicer sitting on the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

do get me wrong, iMacs are a thing of design beauty - they are also well outside of my budget at the moment. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look on adverts and see if anything there fits
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/desktops-and-monitors/125/
    or donedeal.ie

Dell.ie will let you spec your own desktop PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just noticed that HP have a trade up offer, can get 600 notes back when i trade in my imac? ---- thats bloody brilliant

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Joe prim wrote: »
    New iMacs are beautiful,don't go back to the dark side of multiple viruses and frequent dropouts,it's worth the little extra,even looks nicer sitting on the desk.

Viruses arn't really a massive issue with pcs anymore, and the kind that PCs get nowadays Macs have also been targeted with (i.e: the fake anti virus programs). Windows 8 is even more secure than the previous, and can be locked down to only allow market installs if wanted, same as can be done with newer OSX versions.

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement