Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech window contact

Options
  • 05-12-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Folks,

Looking for a bit of info regarding an aritech window contact if someone could help.

I have an aritech contact with a combined reed and inertia sensor.I was wondering how these are wired up.I have a 4 core cable which is looped to each window.there is 8 terminals on the contact.

2 for tamper,2 for the inertia, 4 for the reed(2 of these spare).

I have 2 cables connected at the panel for the alarm(red and black) and 2 for tamper(blue and yellow).

At the contact i have red going into 1 of the reed terminals and looped to 1 of the inertia terminals.i have black going into the 2nd reed terminal which is looped to the 2nd inertia terminal.blue into one of the tamper terminals and yellow into the other.

Can anybody let me know if this sounds correct?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

doink wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Looking for a bit of info regarding an aritech window contact if someone could help.

I have an aritech contact with a combined reed and inertia sensor.I was wondering how these are wired up.I have a 4 core cable which is looped to each window.there is 8 terminals on the contact.

2 for tamper,2 for the inertia, 4 for the reed(2 of these spare).

I have 2 cables connected at the panel for the alarm(red and black) and 2 for tamper(blue and yellow).

At the contact i have red going into 1 of the reed terminals and looped to 1 of the inertia terminals.i have black going into the 2nd reed terminal which is looped to the 2nd inertia terminal.blue into one of the tamper terminals and yellow into the other.

Can anybody let me know if this sounds correct?

Thanks in advance

It needs to be wired in series. Red into reed 1, loop of cable from reed 2 into inertia head and black wired into inertia head to close off the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 doink

Thanks for clearing that up altor.Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

doink wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up altor.Appreciate it.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement