Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty with console controller?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Just got an old PS3 for the first time. I'm used to a PC and find a mouse much more convenient for games, since it's accurate and fast. I'm finding the PS3 controller to be a real chore in GTA IV, I can't swing around and hit the target in one go, I'm all over the place. Same with Gran Turismo 5, the controller is so inaccurate that I can't hold a line.

It's really frustrating my gaming experience, so much so the I'm going to buy Far Cry 3 for the PC instead. I've messed with sensitivity setting in-game but they don't do much. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the experience on the PS3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Confab wrote: »
    Same with Gran Turismo 5, the controller is so inaccurate that I can't hold a line.

Compared to a KB/M, a controller is far better for a driving game than a mouse is.

Played GTA san andres on PS2 and the hardest part was shooting down those RC planes, then played it on PC and that was teh easiest part with the rest of the game now being far harder with driving being expecially hard.

There's ways you can use a KB/M on a PS3 but online you at a sight risk of bans or bing kick from games as it's rather noticable if you are using one, if you won't be playing online or don't care about being reported in mp this could sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have you tried increasing the sensitivity?

It will take some getting used to and for FPS games a controller is pretty much universally accepted as second best, but you can get very good with a controller regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Confab wrote: »
    Just got an old PS3 for the first time. I'm used to a PC and find a mouse much more convenient for games, since it's accurate and fast. I'm finding the PS3 controller to be a real chore in GTA IV, I can't swing around and hit the target in one go, I'm all over the place. Same with Gran Turismo 5, the controller is so inaccurate that I can't hold a line.

It's really frustrating my gaming experience, so much so the I'm going to buy Far Cry 3 for the PC instead. I've messed with sensitivity setting in-game but they don't do much. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the experience on the PS3?

These and these may help.

41nQlCfH-oL._SL500_.jpg

31RCBbe5%2B7L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I totally agree ! I have had real problems with the PS3 controller since I bought the console. PC games are way more with it and I hope the next gen get the ps4 controller right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Tbh the more you use it the easier it gets, I am from an fps pc background and so use to the mouse keyboard combo but got my head around it and love the ease of the controller.
    One thing I noticed was the official Sony controller was more accurate than the 3rd party ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Borderfox wrote: »
    One thing I noticed was the official Sony controller was more accurate than the 3rd party ones.

Never tried any of the third party ones, none of them tend to use Bluetooth so you need to use up one of your 2/4 USB ports to use them or you have to buy a hub.

Advertisement