Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewelry Shop in Galway

Options
  • 05-12-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, can anyone reccommend a shop in galway that would be able to restore an antique ring?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All of them really. If you just need to clean it you can do that diy
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Old-Jewelry-and-Bring-Back-the-Sparkle-and-Shine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We use Ray O'Connell on Abbeygate Street (opposite Buen Appetito) for a lot of our antique repairs. He does excellent work and he won't rip you off.

His shop is the Watch and Jewellery Repair Centre, which is on the first floor of Century Buildings above Swiftprint. His number (shop) is 086-<snip>.

@ Biko; restoring an antique ring will more often than not mean replacing claws to keep stones held in, and sometimes replacing lost stones. Not usually a DIY job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

ask David in Tempo Antiques on Cross St., opposite The Front Door, always find him willing to help.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fey! wrote: »
    @ Biko; restoring an antique ring will more often than not mean replacing claws to keep stones held in, and sometimes replacing lost stones. Not usually a DIY job!
    I saw the OPs other post in Weddings, seems a cleaning was the imperative. But I suppose a proper look by a professional is always a good thing.

Also please don't post any phone numbers in this forum. Use PM or link to a webpage with the info. I've removed it from your post. thx

jkforde wrote: »
    ask David in Tempo Antiques on Cross St., opposite The Front Door, always find him willing to help.

Thanks for the plug! That do be me!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd recommend Richard Quinn on Lwr Dominick Street, great workshop upstairs.

J o e wrote: »
    I'd recommend Richard Quinn on Lwr Dominick Street, great workshop upstairs.

He's also very, very pleasant to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

+1 here For David in Tempo Antiques

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement