Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in cork does macaroons?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know a cork shop that does macaroons?

Looking for a few for on top of a christmas dessert. I could make them, but I only want about 3 or 4, and my normal batch is around 30.

There used to be a shop in the market, but they closed a while ago. I think the place on washington street... petit fours, also did them. Also closed.

Anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I saw some in the new Tea Rooms in Douglas. It's in the East Village complex. They had a few different colours too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Last place I knew that sold them was Barbers Bicycle Shop in Ballyphehane.

That was about 2 months ago...I know there are a few more places sell them,,just got to try and remember where.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Christmas Market on Grand Parade had a stall selling them when I was there on Sunday :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

pwurple wrote: »

There used to be a shop in the market, but they closed a while ago.

Was that the place in by the entrance on Princes Street? Sad to hear it closed, it always looked so pretty. But I didn't think there was enough of a market to sustain it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

They have them in the dessert section of marks & spencer at the moment, I think it's a packet of 8 with vanilla, raspberry & chocolate, they are around 8e for the box though and they are quite small. Must check out the place in Douglas, didn't even know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The cafe La Croissanterie in Merchant's Quay has them, think they're 3 for 2.50 or something similar. They do take away ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The shop that was in the English market has taken a stall in the Christmas market on the grand parade.
    Seems expensive to me for what they are but I'm not an expert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Idaho on the corner of Maylor and Caroline St have them , in few different colours .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Amazing answers, very helpful, thanks fellow corkonians!
    Buddy tells me On the Pigs back in the back village of douglas also has some.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

the little cafe beside the wine store (bubble brothers) in the market sell them as well. saw them there today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mincork

Hiya , got me a few at Mahon Point Farmers Market today , the market runs every Thursday from about 10 am till 2 pm. The cost was €1,50 each.

Advertisement