Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eberspacher Diesel Heater

Options
  • 05-12-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just wondering any members here using the eberspacher diesel
    heater for heating on ur campers. I know they are expensive, are
    they worth the money and do they give off good heat.

I am not too gone about using gas, i would be willing to go the extra money
    if they were a success. There is allways only one way to find out, ask the people that are using them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I put one in my home build.Secondhand one from a lorry breakers.
    250euros.
    It provides plenty of heat but its quite noisy.(fan noise)
    My one is a dl1 so its an old model the new ones might be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Hi Defike. I actually drive trucks part time and i have switched them on just to see. After a few minutes the cab is roasting great job. A bit noisey ok.

Just wondering the cab of a truck alot smaller space to heat than a camper.
    U seem to be happy enough with it any way.
    Not too big a job to install is it.

They are over 2000 euro to buy new i think. With the way the transport industry is gone today if u go to a breakers yard, u would buy the whole lorry
    for that

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Mine is a panel van conversion so not too big.
    Installing is easy 2 holes in the floor and run a diesel line to it.
    If you are buying secondhand make sure to get all the parts.
    Pump,thermostat/switch,relays,brain,wiring.
    Try to see it running if possible.
    These lorry ones are 24v so you need 2 leisure batteries which you change from 12v to 24v to run the heater.
    Bit of wiring in this so I got a sparks to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Make sure it's not 24V or that you have a convertor form 12 to 24V that can handle the current

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Just thinking there now, ur right to run them on 24 volt.
    Today now they are pretty much standard on tractor units, all 24 volt system
    Where as u go looking for a 12 volt system, they know it must be for a camper, the euro start flashing in front of their eyes, big money.

I know where there is tractor units parked up this minute, never to go on the road again. Just one more question regards charging. can u wire up a charge from the engine to the batterys. But u could charge them with a battery charger at home before u go. Is the heater heavy on electrics.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement