Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSU Info Needed??

• 05-12-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Quick Question guys. I want to know if possible if it is ok and safe to place a more powerful PSU on this spec below with the Mobo and GPU Card?

Installed now is Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620,

But i have a OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W that i could replace with the above PSU.
    Question: would it be safe to place the OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W as a replacement or just leave the Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620 where it is, ???

Just putting the hardware into a new tower case Corsair Memory Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Case, But not too sure about the PSU, bit weary to make any costly errors and thought best to place this up here for much more experience users and builders, appreciate any answers in reply,

Specs Of Machine Below:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
    Board: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V LE
    Ram: 16 Gig Corsair Vengeance
    PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620
    Case: Antec One Hundred
    SSD: Dual 80gig x25m Intel ssds in Raid 0 giving 160gig
    Storage: 2 TB WDC WD20EADS-00R6B0
    Graphics: PNY GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC2

Many thanks in advance, Blademan. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It will be fine to put either of those PSUs. You can put in the higher rated one if you want. But it won't make a difference which you use as that system won't tax either of them much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The antec is a higher quality PSU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ya, I'd just stick with the Antec to be honest. Still plenty headroom there, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

Yeah i was thinking of the Antec myself... and i think now i will get the other 700w one and stick it up the governments ar*e full power on. :D

Thanks guys for the feedback here, very much appreciated a lot. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The Antec is a better PSU. Those CrazyXtr3mes, or whatever they're called, really aren't that great. I wouldn't put one in anything I own. The HCP and HCG lines from Antec are very good though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement