If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiregion DVD Player and Blu - Ray

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    My pioneer wireless combo system (sourced form your good selves back in the days on the Quays) has finally packed in after years of faithful service.

I want to replace it with a standalone blu-ray player with multi region dvd support if at all possible. What options would you have for Christmas delivery ?
    I nee multi-region as i brought back lots of DVD's from Oz and don't want to loose the use of them.

Not looking for anything hectic spec wise. It'll be paired with a Sony KDL40W200 so i have full 1080 but no 3d. (no plans to upgrade either but if the player was future proofed it would be a bonus.)

2013 plans would include addition of a sound bar at some stage.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Folks
    My pioneer wireless combo system (sourced form your good selves back in the days on the Quays) has finally packed in after years of faithful service.

I want to replace it with a standalone blu-ray player with multi region dvd support if at all possible. What options would you have for Christmas delivery ?
    I nee multi-region as i brought back lots of DVD's from Oz and don't want to loose the use of them.

Not looking for anything hectic spec wise. It'll be paired with a Sony KDL40W200 so i have full 1080 but no 3d. (no plans to upgrade either but if the player was future proofed it would be a bonus.)

2013 plans would include addition of a sound bar at some stage.

GFC,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - We have the Sony BDPS390 BluRay in MR mode (For standard DVD's only - Not Blu-Ray) at just £99.95..

If you want to step up the quality a little (quite a lot actually) we have the BDPS490 in Multi region mode again at £104.95 - see details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps490-mr/sony-bdps490-blk-mr

Stepping up again and we have the Panasonic DMP BDT320 at £149.95 - and there is an Avatar & Titanic BR free by redemption included in that price!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/panasonic/dmpbdt320-mr/pana-dmpbdt320-mr

All of the above are available from stock and ready to ship - shipping is just £12.95 and if you need a decent HDMI to go with your new Blu-Ray - I'll do 25% off one if bought at the same time..

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

Thanks John

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps490-mr/sony-bdps490-blk-mr
    this looks like the cut of my jib :)

Delivery would be to Dublin please
    Can you give em the total price and the method to proceed if not via the site :)

Cheers
    GCF

BTW you'd have to pay me to get Titanic :D

GCF

Thanks John

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps490-mr/sony-bdps490-blk-mr
    this looks like the cut of my jib :)

Delivery would be to Dublin please
    Can you give em the total price and the method to proceed if not via the site :)

Cheers
    GCF

GFC,

Thanks again - yep the 490 is the way to go I think and it's a really excellent machine (have a scan at the What Hi-Fi review here: http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-bdp-s490)

Delivery is normally next working day and is £12.95

If you could PM or email me ( sales@richersounds.ie ) your contact number I'll get Chris or Dave to give you a shout to get your delivery sorted,

Thanks again - the Biz is much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc

PS are you saying you would not like a Kate Winslet included in your delivery?

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again
    Will be in touch over the coming days :)

Kate ? yes please :D

• Advertisement

Kate ? yes please :D

Sorry - just checked - Kates are completely out of stock - I'll put aside 2 Leonardos for you...:P

J

Hi guys
    Sorry i haven't been back - pm sent :)

GCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.