Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Indoor Rowing Championships

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The Irish Indoor Rowing championships are set to start pulling next March in Limerick 2013 with 2k, 500m and 100m sprints on offer. The venue is still being finalised but they're going to happen - with bells on.

Keep an eye here and on the IIRC facebook page.

No drag settings (no change during a race either)

Team distance 3k

Concept 2 Model D PM4 race machines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

That link isn't working.

Could you explain "no drag factor"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

That link isn't working.

Could you explain "no drag factor"

I'm sure he means you can set the drag setting to what you like as you still have to put in the same amount of work as the guy beside you.

The link works fine for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Awesome stuff - 100m should entice many as will 500m as for 2k well that seems too hard!
    A 1k event would be great - possibly - get all the pain of the 2k condensed into half the time! :D

No Drag means damper anywhere from 1-10 but it stays where it is for the duration of the piece etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 killaryjoe

I like your thinking! The 1k unfortunately is only for Adaptive rowers.
    It could well be looked into but with three options in 2013 to work up a sweat your should have enough to do!

If the link above gives you trouble try here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 killaryjoe

The team event has been shortened to a 2k where the four competitors manage their own abilities to pull 2k on one erg as quickly as possible.

The event will be held in University of Limerick Sports Building & National Coaching & Training Centre - that's behind the Arena in what used be Thomond College.

• Advertisement

I don't see 100m as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The 100m is for charity and bragging rights so they say on the site and is €2 per entry.

It looks interesting as you sit here thinking - 500m should be doable in a decent time as in 1m30 or less but doing it is a different story and it's not very far away...

Tempting though..:D

The Guvnor wrote: »
    The 100m is for charity and bragging rights so they say on the site and is €2 per entry.

It looks interesting as you sit here thinking - 500m should be doable in a decent time as in 1m30 or less but doing it is a different story and it's not very far away...

Tempting though..:D

Thanks for that.

Yeah - sub 1:30 is good.
    It's a real fly & die thing, lot of kms to put on between now and the beginning of March.

Don't think I'll be doing the 2k on top of the 500 & 100.

Advertisement