Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby 2 different colour eyes?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

So my newb is 8wks old which is quite early to be talking anything definite in terms of her eye colour, but there's something quite unusual with her eyes and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar with their little ones.

Her right eye is a blue/grey and her left was initially the same, though it started to show a change towards brown. It is going brown only in part, if it was a clock face it's blue from 11-2 and the rest is brown and its getting darker by the day while the rest and the right eye remain blue. I've been waiting for the rest to show signs of going brown but its not happening so far.

So does anyone else's kids have eyes that changed in staggered stages like this? Or have kids with Heterochromia (a mammy with a concern and a google search can be a dangerous combination :p) that developed very early on?

FWIW: Mine are brown, hubby are golden brown. Mini no1 green/gold with a small brown section in one eye. Mini no2 very deep brown (reminds me of melted dark chocolate and makes me hanker for some!) Baby seems to be very visually engaged so I've no concerns about her sight as yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

My younger daughter has a patch of golden brown in her left eye. We tell her it's a spark of divilment to let everybody know what they're dealing with. :D She's 11 and has never had any problems with her vision.

Her granny (my MIL) had two completely different coloured eyes, one green and one brown. She never had any visual problems either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

If you google Kate Bosworth she has one eye that is blue and brown I think, it can be just a different colour combo than the other eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I have blue eyes bar 1/4 of one which is brown! No brown anywhere in family so no idea where I picked it up!!! Perfect sight tho ! I like to think its the devil in me trying to get out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My friend has something similar, she was always led to believe it was a birth mark though I don't know how true that is. She has no sight problems though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

she'll be immune to the rage virus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

My sister has one grey and one brown eye, as does my Aunt. Neither of them have worse eyesight for it (my Aunt wears glasses, but she's 78 so I'd expect her to).

My sis is very proud of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

David Bowie is like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Had a chat with my Mum and she reckons that one of us kids had similar with different eyes for a long period of time that eventually went all brown, she never did anything about it and suggested its nothing to worry about. So I just wait and see for now :)

Advertisement