Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup vs Coventry

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

In process of planning a day trip over for this. Bought flights on ryanair for 65 per person. Tickets will be £20 on general sale Wednesday 19 (I assume I'll have no trouble picking up 3 tickets then??). Just checked stansted express and the service is being replaced by coaches on January 5. This worth the £30 for a coach ticket? Considering a car rental for €40+ petrol. Any other suggestions, or just get a coach ticket and quit my moaning?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I'd imagine that you shouldn't have an issue with the tickets, Season ticket holders have to pay for this game separately so many might not bother.
    What are you paying £30 for. Is a day-return coach ticket from Stansted and to where (Tottenham Hale/Liverpool Street/Stratford?). What time does your flight arrive and take off. £30 seems expensive but it depends what you are getting for it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jrt123

I was clicking through the Stansted express website and they were trying to sell me £30 tickets for the train, gave up when I saw the service was affected on that day. Land at 10am, fly out at 8pm. I usually just get the train to Tottenham Hale and walk down.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Tough one. £14.40 return from Stansted to Stratford with National Express but this would be very tight for an 8pm flight. I booked a car once. Remember that you will get stuck in heavy traffic unless you leave it a long way from the ground and also you will probably have extras for insurance etc

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

WHL wrote: »
    Tough one. £14.40 return from Stansted to Stratford with National Express but this would be very tight for an 8pm flight. I booked a car once. Remember that you will get stuck in heavy traffic unless you leave it a long way from the ground and also you will probably have extras for insurance etc
    Havent checked but normally if express is off so is stratford line. If you are getting a bus you need to account for time it takes. Bus will take approx an hour to Liverpool st and then you need to get train back to WHL another 25 mins. dependant on time of your flight back can be tight.

If getting the bus dont buy off stansted express as they are charging same as train. Terravision is 15 ret if booked online.

Other option is a taxi if you can share cost, if you ring WHL cabs and bargin with them they normally do it for about 50 e/w. Only thing with cab is they will get you out of area quicker as will have short cuts etc to take.

Advertisement