Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban completely unfair

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

edellc wrote: »
    What is the point in suggesting anything op as clearly you refuse to stand up and be counted...and this wow is me attitude about having to run stuff by dil, her mother and sister is ridiculious are you a child or an adult. So what if the all get their knickers in a twist why do you care ad you clearly dislike them all

Maybe the children don't tell what they would like as it rude and nothing to do with their mother if she is as bad as you say report her to social services which you wont because this is all your head

Cop yourself in and grow a pair these are your grandkids buy what you like for them and how do you know the mother makes faces....you don't...you don't live with them

You presume quite a lot considering you don't see that much of them and clearly a 13yr marriage has something to last that long

I take back what I said in my first post to...I would definitely not want you to be my granny or any other relative

And what you are discussing now is completely off topic to your original post

Mod Note: Edellc has been banned for this post.

this is what I posted

this is the message I got
    Neyite wrote:
    Dear edellc,

You have been permanently banned from Personal Issues for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Neyite

Moderator Note

Edellc,
    You have been permanently banned from the Personal Issues forum as you have consistently ignored Mod instruction to post in a civil and considerate manner.

Your post:
    edellc wrote: »
    What is the point in suggesting anything op as clearly you refuse to stand up and be counted...and this wow is me attitude about having to run stuff by dil, her mother and sister is ridiculious are you a child or an adult. So what if the all get their knickers in a twist why do you care ad you clearly dislike them all

Maybe the children don't tell what they would like as it rude and nothing to do with their mother if she is as bad as you say report her to social services which you wont bec

this is the mod who has a constant issue

Ickle Magoo

I think it is totally unfair that I have received a permanent ban from PI, if any of the mods read the thread please also see the post above mine from a mod that says the same thing as me granted worded differently.

I have nothing but compassion for the posters in PI and this permanent ban is unfair especially since any other ban was due to Ickly Magoo having an issue with me on every thread I posted regardless, therefore she banned me more than was necessary and I gave up disputing it as even if I posted a blank post she would ban me and it just became pointless now my ip address is black listed due to her, making it look like I am a trouble poster when I certainly am not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi edellc,

OK, two things strike me. First, that's a brutal post, and well outside the PI "supportive posting" rules. You see the post above it as saying the same thing somewhat differently - and it does, but the "saying it differently" is very important. Chips' post offers the same basic advice, but puts it positively - yours, on the contrary, is a long criticism of the OP. Your post is very negative, and absolutely not supportive. I'm sure you think of it as plain-spoken, but it's not - it's rude, dismissive, aggressive and critical.

Second, you have quite a lot of bans and infractions, from different places and different mods. Nearly all of them are marked "personal abuse" or "insulting other posters". You also have a series of escalating bans from PI - for exactly the same kind of rude and aggressive post as the one referenced here - and this is the logical conclusion of that escalation, from which, to speak plainly, you've clearly learns nothing, preferring incorrectly, and, as it turns out, self-defeatingly, to attribute your misfortunes to Ickle Magoo having a grudge against you.

No such grudge is visible to an unbiased observer in your treatment, which correctly reflects your posting style. The ban is upheld.

You can further appeal to the Admins if that isn't satisfactory, as I imagine it isn't.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Its pointless speaking to any of you as non of you are unbiased towards each other and bans are always upheld and never reversed...your worse than super glue

I will be closing my account however I have just read that you keep my details as per the data protection act for a period of time so another account can not be set up with same email etc... how long do you keep my details for after an account has been closed before you must delete them, as I feel that once I delete my account you no longer hold any right to any of my details as I am no longer a member of boards

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

http://www.boards.ie/content/privacy

If you don't want to appeal further, I'll close this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement