Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Week 15 Reports

Options
  • 05-12-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Falcons beat the Giants 38-20. Could have been a closer game if it wasn't for 3 pick 6's by Eli. A 103YD KR for Jaquizz Rodgers also helped the Falcons. Neither offense could do much, Eli connected with Nicks on a couple of deep balls and Atlanta had only a couple of decent drives, one ending with a Tony Gonzalez TD. Defense was the name of the game here, Atlanta had 3 pick 6's, 2 FF (both recovered by the G-men) and 6 sacks. The Giants also had 2INTs and 5 sacks.

Good game Empacher. Good luck with the rest of the season/next season :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Falcons will be happy to hear then that the division the breaker is level again after the buccs beat the saints 24-19 in the superdome.

The usual first half blitz by the buccs and some stout defending wrapped the win up for the buccs. The saints were held to 64 yards at one point early in the second half although the play after this stat was revealed brees found form throwing a 60+ yard td pass to make up for his pick 6 on the first drive of the game.

Unfortunately though for the saints it was not enough as Jackson and Clark ran home to add to Talib's early shock score. 6 and 8 with two games left for the buccs sees them have a real opportunity for a .500 season.

Looking forward to stuffing Rory next week :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

NFC South seems to easily be the closest division in the league. Good job gufc!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So basically I can clinch it by taking care of business tonight and beating the Raiders. Good stuff everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »
    So basically I can clinch it by taking care of business tonight and beating the Raiders. Good stuff everybody.

Chargers, not raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Chargers, not raiders

I also have to beat the Raiders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya left here pondering what might have been if I hadn't had that awful 1-5 start. Was considering tanking the season for draft but saw if I get 8 wins I get 25k xp so have to go. For it now. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm rooted to the foot of the division. If only didn't choke against the eagles last week with the w in my sites

matthew8 wrote: »
    I also have to beat the Raiders.

Oh my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jags stuff the CPU Dolphins 42-3. MJD passes the all time NFL season rushing record (although Adrian Peterson will probably pass that in his next game) and Jeremey Mincey sets a new NFL season sacks record with 23 on the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

gufc21 wrote: »
    Falcons will be happy to hear then that the division the breaker is level again after the buccs beat the saints 24-19 in the superdome.

The usual first half blitz by the buccs and some stout defending wrapped the win up for the buccs. The saints were held to 64 yards at one point early in the second half although the play after this stat was revealed brees found form throwing a 60+ yard td pass to make up for his pick 6 on the first drive of the game.

Unfortunately though for the saints it was not enough as Jackson and Clark ran home to add to Talib's early shock score. 6 and 8 with two games left for the buccs sees them have a real opportunity for a .500 season.

Looking forward to stuffing Rory next week :-P

Id watch out for the ever improving Rams!!!

Im 5 and 8 with 3 games to go, also playing for the 25k XP!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still wont get MVP mikey!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It should be RGIII's already.

SantryRed wrote: »
    It should be RGIII's already.

Unless RGIII throws a million interceptions in the last 4 games, its in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We'll see about that.

Don't forget Chris Johnson has to face the Jags D again. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes and he's ready to make amends*

Please not this may not happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners beat the Pats 28-15. Gronk score plenty of yards but no TD. The D stepped up with plenty of stops, allowing only 3 of 10 third downs.

alig G a good result for me tbh..
    I may have 3 losses coming up and need some space to make the wildcards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

alig G a good result for me tbh..
    I may have 3 losses coming up and need some space to make the wildcards!

Ok, but I was doing it for me, three int and a fumble, dunno how I won this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys beat Steelers 24-10

Not sure I deserved to win this at all. Everything that could go wrong for ET did.
    I score first drive, then Rainey fumbles. I recover near red zone, as Murray running fumbles and the Centre recovers for TD.
    Had a pick on goal line, called back for roughing passer and then I score. Lost one fumble alright, and recovered another as winding down clock. Game was all over the place

Good chatting during it, best of luck with your season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers beat the Bears 28-7 to clinch the NFC North.

A long run heavy first drive by the Packers was finished off by a 3rd and long pass for a TD to James Jones.

Punt by the Bears and the Pack drove up the field again for a 14-0 lead by the end of the first quarter with a TD pass to Jennings. A turnover and punt heavy 2nd quarter helped the Bears pull back to 14-7 before half time with Davis getting the TD reception.

Sam Shields added to his fine year of INTs in the first half but after a back and forth 3rd quarter James Jones got in the end zone again off a 3rd and long. Shortly before the end of the 3rd quarter Davon House picked off Cutler and brought it all the way back to make it 28-7 to the Packers heading into the 4th quarter and affording the Packers the opportunity to run out the clock, with Woodson popping up with an interception of his own.

The Bears offensive line struggled in this one with Clay Matthews getting consistent pressure when matched up one-on-one with the RT and getting 3 sacks on the day, along with numerous hits on Cutler.

The Pack stop the Bears momentum and secure a playoff spot with this win. The Panthers also won however so the 2nd seed is still to be decided and given the quality of teams likely to end up in the wildcard spots (the Bears being one likely candidate) it certainly seems like seeding 2nd instead of 3rd would be a priority for both teams, with the Packers currently having the better conference record.

The Bears next game now becomes a must win for them to solidify a wildcard spot and prevent the Vikings who could potentially face a 2nd string Packers side on the final day of the regular season from sneaking into 2nd spot in the NFC North.

Ravens fail to capitalise on the Steelers slip losing 37 24 to the Broncos. No complaints here, was beaten by the better player on the day. Tamme was a monster and McGahee ran all over me. I had far too many turn overs, with 3 fumbles and an interception.

Best of luck with the run in Perrin, you'll be challenging for the playoffs next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

7 games done on the first day. Looking good for an early advance :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Good game Pudsy,fumbles went my way as was the luck on the day.Keeping Ray Rice quiet was key I think,even though then Torey Smith decided to take up the baton and have a monster day.
    Really looking forward to my game against berty now

Myself and Dave aren't playing til sunday!

Cowboys beat Steelers 24-10

Not sure I deserved to win this at all. Everything that could go wrong for ET did.
    I score first drive, then Rainey fumbles. I recover near red zone, as Murray running fumbles and the Centre recovers for TD.
    Had a pick on goal line, called back for roughing passer and then I score. Lost one fumble alright, and recovered another as winding down clock. Game was all over the place

Good chatting during it, best of luck with your season

I think you are selling yourself a bit short here Rob, you had a good game plan and executed it really well. If you can keep Murray healthy you will be a threat in the East and the NFC next year.

That roughing the passer call was a kick in the nuts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Was it Harrison? :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Was it Harrison? :pac:

It showed Woodley after the ref. If it was Harrison I would have a fine waiting in my action list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Played SantryRed for the first time ever, in previous games we were always NFC & AFC

I think both coaches will admit this wasn't a classic, lots of mistakes

RGIII 22-32 278yds 2TD 4INT
    Weedon 0-16 4 INT yes you read that correctly :eek:

Brandon Weedon accomplished something that I think has never been done before with his 0.0 rating :o

Roy Helu Jr 14 carries 72 yds 0TD
    Trent Richardson 11 carries 46 yds 0TD

Fred Davis 7 catches for 100 yds 1 TD

MVP
    I'm going to give it to Pierre Garcon, 5 catches for 68 yds
    And he does more, absolutely hammering and blocking my defensive backs down the field.
    Garcon is a worker and a team player!

Fred Davis could have gotten it also

Honorable mention to Browns best player Joe Haden with 2 INTs and a fumble
    Without doubt Haden is the best player on the roster

Browns only know two ways to play, the power running game and the long bomb.
    This worked last week against the Chiefs with 60yd and 70yd TD's going in

However the Redskins coach sets up their safeties perfectly. Every throw I made the safeties were always there.
    Just excellent setup and preparation.
    Future coaches take note!

RGIII took several big hits but he is damn tough and wasn't affected at all. Maybe my bounty wasn't high enough?!?

Good luck for the playoffs..........but AFC rules :cool:

Bench him mike!

We want Colt McCoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I need a scrambling QB

*checks if Seneca Wallace is still a FA*

Advertisement