Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Bumps in Lusk Village

Options
  • 05-12-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

"I know," says some spaz in FCC. "Let's lay ridiculously massive speed bumps in a residential area with no speeding problem and NOT put any marks on them. Actually, **** it. Let's not even put up a sign warning residents of the new speed bumps!,"

I nearly got my car ****ing airborn coming home the other night. What a stupidly dangerous thing for the FCC to do :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

That's bad craic alright. They are only supposed to put speed 'bumps' in areas that are well lit with street lighting for that reason. The least you could expect is that they would be marked. A call to the operations section might be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

"I know," says some spaz in FCC. "Let's lay ridiculously massive speed bumps in a residential area with no speeding problem and NOT put any marks on them. Actually, **** it. Let's not even put up a sign warning residents of the new speed bumps!,"

I nearly got my car ****ing airborn coming home the other night. What a stupidly dangerous thing for the FCC to do :mad:

Yeah they are lethal.I nearly hit one on my way to Blue in Skerries last week to stuff my face.YUM:D I don't recall an accident in the village so I fail to see the need for ramps,especially huge unmarked ones.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TBH, I now use the bypass rather than going through Lusk, given the state of the road humps and general road conditions through the village - well when I'm cycling anyway - One of those humps caused me to fall a couple of winters ago because of the way the ice had formed just after it

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Beasty wrote: »
    TBH, I now use the bypass rather than going through Lusk, given the state of the road humps and general road conditions through the village - well when I'm cycling anyway - One of those humps caused me to fall a couple of winters ago because of the way the ice had formed just after it

Forcing people to use the bypass will harm the trade of the shops in Lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I nearly got my car ****ing airborn coming home the other night
    Kinda proves the need for the speed cushions then so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Kinda proves the need for the speed cushions then so!

It proves nothing. I was doing a touch below 30. The fact that I couldn't see the thing is the reason for me almost taking off

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

They are a bit severe alright, I think they used to be marked. Boy racers in their modded Civics have to come almost to a halt to avoid damaging the undercarriage.

It's been two years since FCC proposed changing Lusk town center roads (
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Roads/081132001.pdf ) but I've heard nothing since?

I'd use the bypass if it were built to the west, this would also have reduced traffic on the Lusk - Blakes Cross which is pretty bad in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Beasty wrote: »
    TBH, I now use the bypass rather than going through Lusk, given the state of the road humps and general road conditions through the village - well when I'm cycling anyway -

I can't understand why so much of the traffic to Skerries, use the Village, rather than the Bye-pass, or is it a Ring Road?

I have had to wait at the end of Post Office Rd to turn right, on loads of occasions, for a line of traffic heading towards Skerries.
    Even if some are going to ''Lusk Village'' Estate, surely the bye Pass would eliminate a right turn into the Estate

The best is where there is a single space outside '' Costcutter'' someone will indicate to turn Right into the space, wait for traffic to pass, while holding up all the traffic behind, only for a car travelling from Skerries direction to pull left into the space. Cue shouting, road rage etc.
    As for the Chemist etc, after Costcutter, its a just pull up on the path zone, so get 1/2 your car on the path, and the other 1/2 on the road holding up traffic, great gas.

So whats the Bye Pass for anyone in Skerries got a view.

I'm referring to the new speed bumps in the newer housing estate part of the village not the ones that have been there for years. They're nothing compared to the new ones

What a stupidly dangerous thing for the FCC to do
    I'm referring to the new speed bumps in the newer housing estate part of the village
    If the estate is new, and the speed ramps are new they may not have been done under the remit of FCC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

That's all these ******* sitting in an office, they never experience these conditions. They are good at making rules and never have to experience them.
    Same fools who put the 60 kph rule on the M1. :mad: (got two penalty points there btw).

martinn123 wrote: »

The bypass is for anyone going to Rush :D

I'm referring to the new speed bumps in the newer housing estate part of the village not the ones that have been there for years. They're nothing compared to the new ones

You mean the speed bumps in 'Lusk Village', not Lusk village?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I can't understand why so much of the traffic to Skerries, use the Village, rather than the Bye-pass, or is it a Ring Road?

I have had to wait at the end of Post Office Rd to turn right, on loads of occasions, for a line of traffic heading towards Skerries.
    Even if some are going to ''Lusk Village'' Estate, surely the bye Pass would eliminate a right turn into the Estate

The best is where there is a single space outside '' Costcutter'' someone will indicate to turn Right into the space, wait for traffic to pass, while holding up all the traffic behind, only for a car travelling from Skerries direction to pull left into the space. Cue shouting, road rage etc.
    As for the Chemist etc, after Costcutter, its a just pull up on the path zone, so get 1/2 your car on the path, and the other 1/2 on the road holding up traffic, great gas.

The problem is, it has to be all or nothing really. What i mean by that is if you try take the bye pass in the morning heading to Dublin everyone else still takes the village route and you've got to queue for about 5 minutes at the roundabout out of Lusk as the traffic that goes through the village has right of way. So there's really not much of an option to take the bye pass unless everyone else does too or your the type of person that likes tuttling slowly into work and have serious patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

The lollypop lady in the mornings causes some traffic jams. I've stopped going through the village. She pretty much just stays on the road in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

kennyb3 wrote: »
    The problem is, it has to be all or nothing really. What i mean by that is if you try take the bye pass in the morning heading to Dublin everyone else still takes the village route and you've got to queue for about 5 minutes at the roundabout out of Lusk as the traffic that goes through the village has right of way. So there's really not much of an option to take the bye pass unless everyone else does too or your the type of person that likes tuttling slowly into work and have serious patience.

So let's make the village, one way, North, in the mornings, and South in the evenings
    PaulD77 wrote:
    The lollypop lady in the mornings causes some traffic jams. I've stopped going through the village. She pretty much just stays on the road in the mornings

And double the number of lollypops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

A simple and cost effective way to reduce the traffic through Lusk would be to re-prioritise the junction at the bottom shop, so the priority would be from the station road up towards the topshop.
    Then any through traffic from the south would have to stop and yield, while any through traffic from the north would have to give way also.

Also reducing the speed limit to 60 on the ring road didn't encourage traffic to bypass Lusk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Works were due to have started on the lights at the bottom shop / Murrays last month. No sign of them as yet

PaulD77 wrote: »
    The lollypop lady in the mornings causes some traffic jams
    It's the traffic which causes the traffic jams- not the lollipop lady!

The new bumps have since been painted, cateyes put in the road and the rest of the roads painted for the first time since the estates were built 5 or 6 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

I know it not the same speed bumps, but on Wednesday night on my way home through the village I went over the bumps at the correct speed and my front drivers suspension coil split in two pushing out against my tyre. Very dangerous.
    I couldn't drive the car like that and brought it over to the garage.
    He told me that this was the second car that this had happened to recently on those speed bumps.

Something needs to be done here.

Advertisement