Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech therapist recomendation

Options
  • 05-12-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Hello NCDers.

I am looking for a recommendation for a north county Dublin speech therapist for a child. I have a 3 and a half year old who is as sharp as a tack, but has trouble pronouncing a lot of words and letters. We have been waiting 6 months and still no word on a public appointment, so private it is.
    Has anyone used one that they found helpful?

Many thanks.

Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Evening Jim,

A friend of mine is sending her child to a speech and language therapist based in Swords who is meant to be very good and reasonably priced. I have sent you a pm with the details.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hi Hullabaloo could you pm me those detail too, useful to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hi Hullabaloo could you pm me those detail too, useful to know
    Could be wrong but you can access speechersize cd from local library which can help. Have you tried Cecil early intervention team. Can I suggest you ring Katherine mooreland the advocacy worker who could help. 018020484 . Also local library have purchased books from pops family resources which where developed by a speech therapist . Pm if you need more info , but Katherine should be able to help.no cost for her services , as she's funded by friends of autism and ADHD shops ccc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

cathy01 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but you can access speechersize cd from local library which can help. Have you tried Cecil early intervention team. Can I suggest you ring Katherine mooreland the advocacy worker who could help. 018020484 . Also local library have purchased books from pops family resources which where developed by a speech therapist . Pm if you need more info , but Katherine should be able to help.no cost for her services , as she's funded by friends of autism and ADHD shops ccc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks for the replies folks.

Boards will never see you stuck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The waiting list for S & L is a joke and I believe has grown as a therapist went on maternity leave and was not replaced. (What was that referendum about a while back?) Childrens rights etc.....

There are quite a few resources you can use to help you as Cathy1 has said. Will check with MrsB when she gets home later. But could well be worth doing a few sessions and then re enforcing the exercises at home.

Advertisement